Butlers back......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, just saw that...'kiss and make up' or Walsall won't cough up..?

Time to 'kiss and make up', has potential at this level. You could hardly argue we have had a decent defence this season. The '0' at Bradford flattered our defence.

Clough knows he needs a settled central defence and Macarthy ain't going to be around much longer.
Get Butler teamed up with the young un sooner than later.

Clough knows he needs a settled central defence and Macarthy ain't going to be around much longer.
Get Butler teamed up with the young un sooner than later.
Totally agree,i don't see what Macarthy gives us any different anyway,you can see he's not fully fit yet,with the amount of times he does a tired mis placed pass.Lets help NW out and get the lad fit for them:rolleyes:

Macarthy played well on Saturday against Maclean and Hanson.
He actually did do a job on them two,but he did do a lot of mis placed passes which i put down to fitness more than anything,and we did tend to get away with it Saturday as they just sat back.I just don't agree with getting a player fit for someone else,also meaning one of our own getting pushed out.

we were/are conceding too many ,it needed an experienced player in there. Our first clean sheet since Easter tells its own story.

we were/are conceding too many ,it needed an experienced player in there. Our first clean sheet since Easter tells its own story.
That first clean sheet since Easter wasn't all down to Macarthy,Bradford helped us tremendously with how they sat back and they still hit the post,the bar,Howard pulled 2 great saves off and like i said he got very lucky with some of his passing,lets be honest here Bradford were shite and like i said earlier he isn't fit and doesn't offer much different to what we have atm.

Erm Crawley 1-0?

Of course, you meant to say our first clean sheet away from home.

Can't believe how negative you get sometimes ;)

Butler WILL play v Yeovil Tuesday evening.

UTB
It depends on knocks and injuries . It may be actually Basham at CH , who Mr Clough says it is a position he can play . Subs bench for me with Butler . The next game we will have 2 new players in the team. OGrady up front with McNulty and Butler at CH , either at Crewe or MK Dons. Palace player will be back down the M! . Always expect the unexpected with Mr Clough . Butler and OGrady have points to prove , therefore ideal for the blades and to assist the younger players in the team at both ends of the pitch. Our Mr Clough takes no prisoners.

UTB

it was funny that clough let butler go back to walsall and then moaned about the defence almost instantly.

I wont go into too much detail, but take it from me here that the club and a few inside the circle are a bit fed up with the nigels ego show, they wore it with weirs players but the butler thing and then the subsequent defensive failures were not missed by the money men at the lane, he was a player nigel wanted, the board sanctioned and then nigel fell out with him before he had had a chance, just compare this to Higdon, you'll see what I'm getting at.

Butler will get a run in the first team., i have no doubt he has a few people to prove wrong, only spells good news for us..

I agree with Nigel. When he has been given a chance in the first team in friendlies and against Mansfield he's been absolutely awful.

it was funny that clough let butler go back to walsall and then moaned about the defence almost instantly.

I wont go into too much detail, but take it from me here that the club and a few inside the circle are a bit fed up with the nigels ego show, they wore it with weirs players but the butler thing and then the subsequent defensive failures were not missed by the money men at the lane, he was a player nigel wanted, the board sanctioned and then nigel fell out with him before he had had a chance, just compare this to Higdon, you'll see what I'm getting at.

Butler will get a run in the first team., i have no doubt he has a few people to prove wrong, only spells good news for us..
Money men ? Are you sure youve got the right club ?

I also think Butler can play a part for us as Collins is out of form & seemingly finished at the Lane.
It all depends on him really. Does he want to stay & fight for his place? Or does he want to bugger off back to Walsall?

What I like about Butler as a defender is he is a threat from corners and free kicks.

True Collins does chip in with the odd goal from time to time but Butler always seems to be a goal threat.

What I like about Butler as a defender is he is a threat from corners and free kicks.

True Collins does chip in with the odd goal from time to time but Butler always seems to be a goal threat.
In other words he's better in their box than ours?

Does anyone know how he played for Walsall during the loan spell.

He actually did do a job on them two,but he did do a lot of mis placed passes which i put down to fitness more than anything,and we did tend to get away with it Saturday as they just sat back.I just don't agree with getting a player fit for someone else,also meaning one of our own getting pushed out.

Totally agree, I just don't see that he is better than what we already have. Let him get fit somewhere else and lets concentrate on getting our players performing better.

Back
Top Bottom