Butler rejuvenates Walsall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pittsburg Blade

Reaction score
Interesting article about Butler. Apparently Walsall haven't won without him in the team since 2010.

Sorry about the link to yet another poxy, slow, advert-filled website.

Skybet League One
ROY Hodgson might need to pop down to Bramall Lane to check out Sheffield United’s back-line because they must be pretty damn good.
Any team that can sign Andy Butler and then dispense with him four months later, albeit temporarily, must have some real defensive gems.

Read more: http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Sheffield-United-let-Butler-question-arising/story-22927770-detail/story.html#ixzz3DPOD4Nae

Horses or coursers, surely. If our manager doesn't fancy him, he doesn't play in our team, We stand or fall by our manager. We've no choice!

I for one am happy with that,but Clough has a bit to prove yet. The Butler episode is bizarre and presumably intertwined with the strange team selections for our first two league games. All the best managers stick by their gut instincts and respond to situations decisively. Stick with Clough, at least for 5 years or so anyway, then make your minds up. Butler may be a one-off. (if you discount Brandy and Taylor)

After seeing him pre season I can understand why he didn't get picked.
It's a weird one though. He seems to be a rock at Walsall but doesn't cut the mustard in a Blades shirt. Shame for all concerned (except Walsall, of course)

I still can't understand why he is being loaned out and not played. Personally I would play him in the starting XI alongside Collins. I feel Harrison McGahey doesn't have the experience yet to be the core of our defence (i say this because he is the only defender to have played all of the league games). On the plus side... At keast we get to see how good Butler is

I still can't understand why he is being loaned out and not played. Personally I would play him in the starting XI alongside Collins. I feel Harrison McGahey doesn't have the experience yet to be the core of our defence (i say this because he is the only defender to have played all of the league games). On the plus side... At keast we get to see how good Butler is

Maybe I am wrong but have you seen any games pre season and in the league?
McGahey deserves his place in the team on merit. Butler has a lot to do to displace him. Beside the fact that it is better to build McGahey as one for the long term.

My hunch is this won't just be temporarily.He will come back,we will agree a settlement and then release him,leaving him with a free transfer to Wallsall.

Yeah because our back 4 is currently shit while the rest of the team marches on. Its goals we need, for whatever reason Clough and Butler don't agree so could we move nicely along rather than looking back for the next 10 years. Perhaps a Danny Cullip thread?

Yeah because our back 4 is currently shit while the rest of the team marches on. Its goals we need, for whatever reason Clough and Butler don't agree so could we move nicely along rather than looking back for the next 10 years. Perhaps a Danny Cullip thread?

Seems like a Danny Cullip situation all over again.

So our last 3 signings from Walsall, unless I'm forgetting someone, are:

Andy Butler
Febian Brandy
Andy Taylor

Dealing with them has been fantastically successful, hasn't it?

Andy Butler
Febian Brandy
Andy Taylor

About as successful as recruiting managers from Everton.

Andy Butler
Febian Brandy
Andy Taylor

Think we signed Taylor from Tranmere. He went to Walsall when we released him.

Ah yes... My memory. Still, Butler, Brandy and Westlake is bad enough.

Maybe I am wrong but have you seen any games pre season and in the league?
McGahey deserves his place in the team on merit. Butler has a lot to do to displace him. Beside the fact that it is better to build McGahey as one for the long term.

I say this after Saturday and McGahey's strange obsession with running out with the striker who is about to head towards our goal, then run around slightly aimlessly while they attack

I say this after Saturday and McGahey's strange obsession with running out with the striker who is about to head towards our goal, then run around slightly aimlessly while they attack

Fair enough - I have seen McGahey several times and I like the lad. Not the brightest tool in the box if you have seen him on YouTube but a good lad with a fine future ahead of him IMO.

Love your avar, by the way.

- Having said that it looks as though JCR is so pleased with his goal he has bent over a team mate and is giving him one from behind :D

UTB and lets hope JCR is at it again tonight - although I'd prefer him to keep his shirt on so as not to get another booking. He's playing a blinder at the moment.

We held Rochdale's attack to no goals, Butler defence gets ripped apart and he puts through his own net, marvelous.

Remember that Billy Big Bollocks Walsall fan who came on here and gave it the big'un after Brandy scored that Hat-Trick for them on loan last year? He subsequently disappeared after we had about a 30 point swing over them and finished comfortably above them in the league once we'd got shut of Brandy.

Back
Top Bottom