Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

you have to say a big well done to all the management and playing staff,they are in a great position,we play them at the lane,tues 1st of March,interesting to see what the gap will be then

Don't think that was a thrashing....... They were the far better team that day.... Freak result.

We were papering over the cracks even then!
Ryan Flynn had his best game for us that day.

And 40 places below AFC Bournemouth.

A side we were thrashing 5-3 at Bramall Lane just a few seasons ago.
I can deal with the odd team punching well about their weight, one club will always have a good run of managers, make some good signings and the team as a whole will click and get a promotion or two.
The amount of shitty little clubs that are above us is what worries me, I know history and fan base count for zero on the pitch but it must at least carry some significance in recruitment?
In all honesty it's Rotherham being up there that winds me up the most.:mad:

I can deal with the odd team punching well about their weight, one club will always have a good run of managers, make some good signings and the team as a whole will click and get a promotion or two.
The amount of shitty little clubs that are above us is what worries me, I know history and fan base count for zero on the pitch but it must at least carry some significance in recruitment?
In all honesty it's Rotherham being up there that winds me up the most.:mad:
There is a chance that we will be 5th of the six local sides this season. It will have been a while since that has happened.

Brilliant. We could start a thread for each of the shitty little teams we deserve to be above because we're Sheffield United and we're too big for this league. Look at the fans... fuckin twenny thousand a week mate. Not fair we have to mix it with these minnows, it's like a cup game for them every week.

Brilliant. We could start a thread for each of the shitty little teams we deserve to be above because we're Sheffield United and we're too big for this league. Look at the fans... fuckin twenny thousand a week mate. Not fair we have to mix it with these minnows, it's like a cup game for them every week.
Yeah but. . . . .

Best support in the universe mate.

Tbh, the new lows are coming at such a rate you don't even notice them anymore.
I'm going to start a new hobby of keeping my ear to the ground just in case i'm missing something. I intend to start on Derek Dooley Way.

You can bet that whichever way the club is run it is in McCabe's best (financial) interests. Clearly 20,000 and mid league 1 suits him.

Every single team above us are there on merit, no matter what their fan base, or ground, or history, or towns population.
Let's leave the 'divine right' stuff to the filth from L***s and S6.

We don't deserve to be anywhere other than where we are.

Don't disagree with a word of that, but not one of the woeful player sales, player purchases, managerial appointments, tactical balls ups, passionless displays etc can be laid at the door of the ordinary fan who has no choice but to trust those in charge not to fuck our club up.

We may be feeling a bit too sorry for ourselves at the moment, but the 20k really do deserve better.

we are 21 points behind Burton fucking Albion just let that sink in for a moment

Chelsea are 23 points behind Leicester fucking leicester , just let that sink in for a minute

thing is with football , fortunes fluctuate
weve been in division 4 do you know
and used to be a regular in the top division , long long ago

Every single team above us are there on merit, no matter what their fan base, or ground, or history, or towns population.
Let's leave the 'divine right' stuff to the filth from L***s and S6.

We don't deserve to be anywhere other than where we are.
I know it's cool to point out people who moan that we deserve better things, but I did mention that our history and fan base count for nothing on the pitch.
If fans don't matter though what's the benefit of home games and ties, And if history and stature don't matter one bit players must purely play for money.

Chelsea are 23 points behind Leicester fucking leicester , just let that sink in for a minute

thing is with football , fortunes fluctuate
weve been in division 4 do you know
and used to be a regular in the top division , long long ago

Fair point . Difference is the Chelsea situation is a one off , with The Blades it's becoming to be the norm.

UTB

Don't disagree with a word of that, but not one of the woeful player sales, player purchases, managerial appointments, tactical balls ups, passionless displays etc can be laid at the door of the ordinary fan who has no choice but to trust those in charge not to fuck our club up.

We may be feeling a bit too sorry for ourselves at the moment, but the 20k really do deserve better.

I completely agree. When I say 'we' I mean the club itself and the parade of clowns and muppets that dragged us into the dirt and continue to keep us there.
As supporters who have invested our time, loyalty, money and energy into this club all our lives for very little return, we certainly do deserve better.

Fair point . Difference is the Chelsea situation is a one off , with The Blades it's becoming to be the norm.

UTB
again why the surprise at Burton
do people know nothing about football
can no one remember Wimbledon
Came in from non league and within 5 years became an established top division club and won the FA cup, with crowds around 5000

I know it's cool to point out people who moan that we deserve better things, but I did mention that our history and fan base count for nothing on the pitch.
If fans don't matter though what's the benefit of home games and ties, And if history and stature don't matter one bit players must purely play for money.

The fans do deserve better, much better. But the club itself deserves nothing.

A combination of bad leadership, bad management and godawful players with a shit attitude have put us here. I don't begrudge any club above us who have actually gotten their act together.

The fans do deserve better, much better. But the club itself deserves nothing.

A combination of bad leadership, bad management and godawful players with a shit attitude have put us here. I don't begrudge any club above us who have actually gotten their act together.

Does this include da pigs?

again why the surprise at Burton
do people know nothing about football
can no one remember Wimbledon
Came in from non league and within 5 years became an estabalished top division club and won the FA cup

No surprise regarding Burton . In fact the opposite . I think what we have to do is stop thinking about the Burtons , Wigan , Gillingham of this world and concentrate on what we do . The history , fan base of the club hinders us more than helps us .
Adkins has a lot riding on his shoulders IMO , and to date has not fully earned his corn , like a lot of players.

I think we just wonder how other clubs do it and we seem to struggle every season , with players , football , tactics , quality . Is changing managers on a regular basis the root cause . It's not affected Watford .

Wish I had a answer.

UTB

its utter frustration
we all know we should do better , but football is a cruel mistress , it can make you miserable , but one day , hopefully soon it will put a smile on our faces once again
fortunes do fluctuate , its took the pigs 16 years to get close to getting near the prem again , and we are moaning about 5 years of pain

Back
Top Bottom