Bryan Robbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

crucialkneeligaman

Reaction score
Interesting article in todays Sun. Robbo commenting on English Managers. To Quote " I had spells at Bradford and Sheffield United, good clubs, but for all my so-called pedigree and having worked my way into management, NO MAJOR CLUB EVER CAME IN FOR ME " !!!!!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O. Wonder why Bryan ??

....sobered up again Robbo?

Interesting article in todays Sun. Robbo commenting on English Managers. To Quote " I had spells at Bradford and Sheffield United, good clubs, but for all my so-called pedigree and having worked my way into management, NO MAJOR CLUB EVER CAME IN FOR ME " !!!!!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O. Wonder why Bryan ??
He didn't 'work his way into management'. He was gifted a decent job because he was the former captain of Man U and England.
Wilder has worked his way into management, Warnock did, all the other managers who started in the lower leagues or non league did. He didn't.

What happened to the guy who walked from the Kop to the dugout and threw his season ticket at Robbo? (I imagine a short ban? Although I guess he was signaling his intent to not attend home games anyway :D). Does he post on here?

Deluded doesn't cover it.He had more chances than almost any other manager due to his playing career but was simply dreadful

A dreadful appointment, hopelessly miscalculated by McCabe at a time when arguably we were in a position to strike back & reclaim our PL spot.

It could also be successfully argued that the root cause of our present predicament is as a result of that appointment.

Bleak times.

Yeah he used to have a little brown table that looked like he'd taken it from Farm Road Social Club. Had it next to the dugout and used to place his bottle of water on it.

And nobody else was allowed to put anything on said table. There was an occasion when someone tried and Captain Marvel gave them short shrift...

What was that? Pitch side?

Yeah he used to have a little brown table that looked like he'd taken it from Farm Road Social Club. Had it next to the dugout and used to place his bottle of water on it.

You ever tried bending over to pick up something off the floor when you're bollocksed? Very real chance of face planting the floor! :D

Oh and by the way Captain Marvel it's pronounced "Cay-hill" not fucking "Car-hill" you old soak.

A lot of people at the time were dubious as to the validity of the claim that he had "lost the changing room".

Well, I for one believe it. On my stag do, I'd had that much to drink I lost my fucking house! :D

Are you not supposed to apply for a job when it comes up? Or is that far too much for a man with your pedigree?
Nobody ever got a job by sitting on your backside waiting for people to offer you something.

A dreadful appointment, hopelessly miscalculated by McCabe at a time when arguably we were in a position to strike back & reclaim our PL spot.

It could also be successfully argued that the root cause of our present predicament is as a result of that appointment.

Bleak times.

True and after he left we started the procedure of cutting our cloth accordingly. A procedure which feels like it is still on going despite the "game changing" investment from the Prince.

Surely I can't be the only one that sees this absolute shoe-in? :(

It's Barney!
It was the league cup game v Arsenal when we were 3-0 down in the first half. The bloke threw his scarf at Robson. He wasn't a season ticket holder, it was the first game he'd been to in years. I was told he may have also got his ticket for nowt.

I would have thought there would have been plenty of the "big" working mens clubs in for him ! what with the cheap beer and all that :D

Tosser

Back
Top Bottom