Bring Back Warnock?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hodgyman

Reaction score
How about bringing Neil home by giving him a contract until the end of the season with a substantial (retirement) bonus for getting us promoted?. This will give the team and hopefully a lift to get us up a division. We have enough players who can do the job for us if they are suitably motivated. Neil is as good as anyone at motivating and getting teams promoted.
Making the employment term until the end of season will also give the board time to get the next manager selected without having to make a rushed, panic choice to save the season.

I know that Neil is not every one's cup of tea but I recon that most of our fans wouldn't trust Nigel to put the kettle on these days!

No mate, loved Neil but he has ZERO experience of this league for the last how many years?

The players themselves have the experience of this league. It is motivation experience we need now

i can see the positives he would bring in terms of mentality and a good kick up the arse, but would he really be up to getting us out?

i still have the feeling we might just be lucky and jammy enough to go up via play offs

Last edited:
No, no, no and no.

Bassett is surely the answer?

:tumbleweed:
When was Basset's last promotion? Neil has had lots since then. I loved Bassets achievements too but he didn't do a lot for us the last time he was here. Was it as Adam's nurse-maid?

i can see the positives he would bring in terms of mentality and a good kick up the arse, but would he really be up to getting us out?

i still have the feeling we might just be lucky and jammy enough to go up via play offs
We might be Jammy but when does that happen to us? The other thing is we may be saddled with the same Negative displays from Nigel in the Championship.I couldn't take any more of that

How about bringing Neil home by giving him a contract until the end of the season with a substantial (retirement) bonus for getting us promoted?. This will give the team and hopefully a lift to get us up a division. We have enough players who can do the job for us if they are suitably motivated. Neil is as good as anyone at motivating and getting teams promoted.
Making the employment term until the end of season will also give the board time to get the next manager selected without having to make a rushed, panic choice to save the season.

I know that Neil is not every one's cup of tea but I recon that most of our fans wouldn't trust Nigel to put the kettle on these days!

I can only assume that this thread was started as a joke.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever written. It's absurd, like the demise of Sunny Delight

Sorry mate but even if we got Jose in from Chelski he would still be lumbered with a dodgy goaly, have no centre backs, have a load of midget midfielder's and a couple of big lumps up front who hardly ever score and a backroom staffed by gimps.

Don't think Warnock would be the answer but someone like him would. We don't need a brilliant manager just yet, just one who would generate a bit of passion and get the team winning games against poor teams.

I was quite surprised to read yesterday on another thread that Clough doesn't really mix with the players day to day. It made me think of Warnock in that documentary and how close he was to his squad, especially at the end where he was pissed off and said something like "I'd die for you fuckers". He meant it as well.

It's a shame that Clough is struggling because everything is in place for us to piss this league and we see a flash of it every couple of months. Maybe Clough is just not the guy to bring out the passion in the players. Hope I'm wrong.

When was Basset's last promotion? Neil has had lots since then. I loved Bassets achievements too but he didn't do a lot for us the last time he was here. Was it as Adam's nurse-maid?

I don't want Dave back, I was just mocking the general bladey bladeness of this thread. It's the whole "Oh it worked 10 years so maybe they can do it again." nonsense. When it came to the play offs with us and Warnock he failed to motivate the team even show up in Cardiff.

I don't want Dave back, I was just mocking the general bladey bladeness of this thread. It's the whole "Oh it worked 10 years so maybe they can do it again." nonsense. When it came to the play offs with us and Warnock he failed to motivate the team even show up in Cardiff.

That's true. Just before the play-off final in Cardiff, Warnock managed to fall out with Windass - a player who could certainly have made a difference - and dropped him.

Thank God we've left those days behind...

If we were to sack Clough we could do a lot worse

He'd see it as unfinished business. I think he'd get us up and then want to push on for the Premier league. He'd probably fall out with Jim Phipps and half the players in the process, make a few awful signings, give embarrasing interviews and press conferences, fall out with other managers and referees, be banned from the touchline and threaten to quit at least once. But he'd also get us promoted.

Never going to happen while McCabe's still got a big say in the running of the club though.

0 out of 10 for the wind up factor but thank you for adding a topic to the magic 8 ball of repeating threads randomizer I am inventing.

Sorry mate but even if we got Jose in from Chelski he would still be lumbered with a dodgy goaly, have no centre backs, have a load of midget midfielder's and a couple of big lumps up front who hardly ever score and a backroom staffed by gimps.

Apart from that our side is outstanding !

Reappointing CW would be a massive backwards step. However, as DKC says, there is (thankfully) 0% chance of it happening as long as Kev Mc has a say.

If a change is to happen, they should avoid making the mistake made repeatedly before in going for name and/or ability as a player. Adkins would be a no-brainer if he could be persuaded given his track record in L1 (& above). If not, I'd go with Paul Cook - a progressive manager who appears able to handle pressure well, although the Utd job would of course be another step-up for him.

I don't think we've a prayer of getting Warburton - his stake is far too high and he'll no doubt get better and more lucrative offers than the Utd job.

Similar for Lambert - I can't see him settling for the £250k/year on offer

I'd stay well clear of Rosler (totally found out at Wigan).

This is the most ridiculous thing ever written. It's absurd, like the demise of Sunny Delight
I take it that you don't agree then. Are you happy enough the way things are or can you suggest alternatives?

Is it Monday today or Wednesday , start of the new month .:D

UTB

Can Warnock's name be banned from this forum?! His footballing philosophy is from a bygone era. And that's where he should stay...

That's true. Just before the play-off final in Cardiff, Warnock managed to fall out with Windass - a player who could certainly have made a difference - and dropped him.

He also fell out with Unsworth and gave him a free transfer to Wigan.
Nice one Neil.

Back
Top Bottom