Breaking News - The Dan Burn Rumour still alive!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
EDWARDS%20ALIVE%201_zpsppf6fq6b.jpg

The announcement of the death of The Dan Burn Rumour across news channels worldwide yesterday was, in the words of the veteran rumour itself, ‘a little premature’.

In an extraordinary twist following yesterday’s announcement, The Dan Burn Rumour took to Twitter to quash the rumour of the rumour’s death tweeting - “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated”. “The loan window is open, anything can still happen”. The statement sparked a mad rush to the keyboard for Blades fans worldwide who were desperate to post their own rumour thread concerning the about-turn rumour and Blades forum Blades Re-United was brought to a grinding halt as an estimated 6 people tried to log on at the same time.

Our reporter Hamilton Cocksides is live now at Bramall Lane. Hamilton, what’s the atmosphere like there at the moment?

reporter%20lane%20small_zpsjoeqycvc.jpg

Well Huw, it’s been absolutely mad! As people were waking up to the news and checking their phones and tablets, they started to make their way here with what I can only describe as ‘blind euphoria’. It’s a little quieter now but around an hour and a half ago, there must have been upwards of at least 15 people thronging the car park here, some of them in fancy dress, it's a real party atmosphere.…er, we’ve had people dressed as doctors waving clipboards with ‘Dan Burn Medical’ written on them, people have been turning up with home made cardboard licence plates and leaving them on parked cars here... er..... we’ve had a Vauxhall Astra with ‘DAN 1’, a white Mondeo sporting ’13 URN’ even ‘13URN5 4L1V3’ doing the rounds on a Rav 4, it’s been really mental, it really has.

edwards%20and%20reporter_zpsnimrfi3j.jpg

Now I understand you’ve also had a bit of a celebrity there as well....?

Reporter%202_zps9bwlgwhk.jpg

Yes, that’s right Huw. Perennial lanky prankster Peter Crouch, the Stoke City substitute has come down and he’s been driving around wearing a Fulham shirt, pretending to be Dan Burn, jumping in and out of his car and waving to the crowds, much to their delight, especially after taking in a local news crew who went scampering up to the top of the car park believing that the messiah had actually arrived, only to have to return to a chorus of ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ from the assembled masses.

edwards%20hat2_zpsqbyf6c4s.jpg

So, The Dan Burn Rumour is very much alive but what of the man himself? Has there been any sign of him?

reporter%203_zpszyyjbgpz.jpg

No not yet Huw but the Blades fans have been pulling out all the stops to make sure that any arrival doesn’t go unnoticed. Supporters have taken up positions at every major route into the city and they'll be using a special piece of kit which detects expensive alloy wheels, much the same as those which would adorn the vehicle of a 'Fancy Dan' London footballer. Apparently this machine goes 'mad with rage', I've been told, when it detects any so we'll have to wait and see. Also, as we speak, Quiffy’s Dad, the veteran future Blade spotter, is driving around the city in a fast car and he’ll be methodically visiting every petrol station in Sheffield looking for any sign of a seven foot man buying chewing gum. So you can be sure if he does arrive, we should have plenty of warning.

edwards%203_zpsv0pnu4c2.jpg

What the fuck have I just reported on???

Don't think it's happening now, but I have it from a reliable source at the Independent that they have an exclusive lined up for when he moves in the summer

Jon Bon definitely has too much time on his hands
.. I couldn't even be bothered to read it.

EDWARDS%20ALIVE%201_zpsppf6fq6b.jpg

The announcement of the death of The Dan Burn Rumour across news channels worldwide yesterday was, in the words of the veteran rumour itself, ‘a little premature’.

In an extraordinary twist following yesterday’s announcement, The Dan Burn Rumour took to Twitter to quash the rumour of the rumour’s death tweeting - “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated”. “The loan window is open, anything can still happen”. The statement sparked a mad rush to the keyboard for Blades fans worldwide who were desperate to post their own rumour thread concerning the about-turn rumour and Blades forum Blades Re-United was brought to a grinding halt as an estimated 6 people tried to log on at the same time.

Our reporter Hamilton Cocksides is live now at Bramall Lane. Hamilton, what’s the atmosphere like there at the moment?

reporter%20lane%20small_zpsjoeqycvc.jpg

Well Huw, it’s been absolutely mad! As people were waking up to the news and checking their phones and tablets, they started to make their way here with what I can only describe as ‘blind euphoria’. It’s a little quieter now but around an hour and a half ago, there must have been upwards of at least 15 people thronging the car park here, some of them in fancy dress, it's a real party atmosphere.…er, we’ve had people dressed as doctors waving clipboards with ‘Dan Burn Medical’ written on them, people have been turning up with home made cardboard licence plates and leaving them on parked cars here... er..... we’ve had a Vauxhall Astra with ‘DAN 1’, a white Mondeo sporting ’13 URN’ even ‘13URN5 4L1V3’ doing the rounds on a Rav 4, it’s been really mental, it really has.

edwards%20and%20reporter_zpsnimrfi3j.jpg

Now I understand you’ve also had a bit of a celebrity there as well....?

Reporter%202_zps9bwlgwhk.jpg

Yes, that’s right Huw. Perennial lanky prankster Peter Crouch, the Stoke City substitute has come down and he’s been driving around wearing a Fulham shirt, pretending to be Dan Burn, jumping in and out of his car and waving to the crowds, much to their delight, especially after taking in a local news crew who went scampering up to the top of the car park believing that the messiah had actually arrived, only to have to return to a chorus of ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ from the assembled masses.

edwards%20hat2_zpsqbyf6c4s.jpg

So, The Dan Burn Rumour is very much alive but what of the man himself? Has there been any sign of him?

reporter%203_zpszyyjbgpz.jpg

No not yet Huw but the Blades fans have been pulling out all the stops to make sure that any arrival doesn’t go unnoticed. Supporters have taken up positions at every major route into the city and they'll be using a special piece of kit which detects expensive alloy wheels, much the same as those which would adorn the vehicle of a 'Fancy Dan' London footballer. Apparently this machine goes 'mad with rage', I've been told, when it detects any so we'll have to wait and see. Also, as we speak, Quiffy’s Dad, the veteran future Blade spotter, is driving around the city in a fast car and he’ll be methodically visiting every petrol station in Sheffield looking for any sign of a seven foot man buying chewing gum. So you can be sure if he does arrive, we should have plenty of warning.

edwards%203_zpsv0pnu4c2.jpg

What the fuck have I just reported on???

Time for the similarly much rumoured, but equally elusive, "triple like" button again I think, Foxy and Linz. Got my Friday night off to a top start. Thanks for that.

Any chance of this, or a broader version of this, updating us weekly on club affairs ? Reading this weekly, alongside Deadbat and the responses to DB, layered with Roygbiv, and we'd get all we really need in the way of news about the Blades, so we'd never have to bother turning in to twatter or any of the other main sources from which the bullshit doth copiously flow.

"Go on, go on, go on. You know you want to".

Dan Burn? And all along I thought we were struggling to sign this bloke......

davincicode1.jpg

Will the LOAN ranger be paying us a visit with sherrif dan burn and tonto to rescue our lot

Jon Bon definitely has too much time on his hands
.. I couldn't even be bothered to read it.
Indeed Ken. If truth be known, I'm at a bit of a loss what to do with myself since your missus stopped dogging around here...

I watched him today forFulham at Qpr ,although they won 3-0 he didn't look all that to be honest and if hes getting picked for games like that hes hardly coming to us is he ?

I watched him today forFulham at Qpr ,although they won 3-0 he didn't look all that to be honest and if hes getting picked for games like that hes hardly coming to us is he ?
No , no he isnt
Truth is he never was
There was never any serious intention to.get him.here either

But it diverted attention away from the fact that all other messages from the club were pointing to players out no one in.

And thats what happened

No , no he isnt
Truth is he never was
There was never any serious intention to.get him.here either

But it diverted attention away from the fact that all other messages from the club were pointing to players out no one in.

And thats what happened
Makes you wonder if he himself is aware of all this , bet some Fulham fans don't even know who he is :)

Back
Top Bottom