Brayford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

zablade

Reaction score
Funniest comment I heard coming out of the match on Tuesday ....

"Have Cardiff actually sent us Brayford or one of their other players in a nose and glasses beard?"

There has been a bit of criticism about Brayford's performances in the last few games, certainly he hasn't been as good as the player we had last season, or doesn't seem to be as good.

Is is too harsh? should we be judging him by a different standard to the rest? he did cost us an awful lot of money for a full back, but I have seen people claim he is more to the team than just a full back he is a tallisman and leader.

I think Harris has matched and perhaps been better than Brayford recently. Barring perhaps his mistake for Peterborough's second goal.

I never thought Brayford was that good. He is awfully error prone for a defender. But he is a charismatic team player like Kozzie used to be, and you can't put a value on that.

It's odd. There really is a feeling now, from comments you hear and read that Brayford suddenly has to not just match performances of last season, but better them to somehow justify a price tag. He doesn't need to justify his price tag, but obviously he has to try to reach the consistent form we love him for.

One thing is certain with Brayford, he loves the club and epitomisises the attitude which Clough wants from all players. In many ways he's cloughs 'jags', Del Boy or kozzy that Warnock had. Part of Warnock's success was the attitude of players.

Over the past few years we've not had enough of those players. Sure we've had talent, we got relegated with a side that were technically good enough for the championship. Weir managed to turn us into near relegation fodder in league one. Clough and his team aim to get the best out of players and get the right attitudes as well as talent

Brayford is human, he's now back permanently and perhaps he feels more pressure as well, but undoubtedly he's one of the most talented players in the side

Funniest comment I heard coming out of the match on Tuesday ....

"Have Cardiff actually sent us Brayford or one of their other players in a nose and glasses beard?"

There has been a bit of criticism about Brayford's performances in the last few games, certainly he hasn't been as good as the player we had last season, or doesn't seem to be as good.

Is is too harsh? should we be judging him by a different standard to the rest? he did cost us an awful lot of money for a full back, but I have seen people claim he is more to the team than just a full back he is a tallisman and leader.

Generally, it's been such a struggle to really get going this season. It would help Brayford if the rest of the team was better balanced and had real attacking rhythm. We seem to be waiting for certain players to get back from injury or suspension all the time, and when they do return they don't look fully fit. Although we have a big squad it's not been easy to maintain the same tactics and formation when new players have to come in all the time.

Vs Peterborough we found ourselves with a new formation; a midfield partnership of first Doyle and an ill/struggling Coutts, and then Holt, to control things; a semi fit Flynn on the right, and a front two of Done and McNulty who also played together for the first time and in terms of attributes don't seem ideal together. A lack of height and strength throughout the squad has been a weakness all season.

We should have patience with Brayford, who must feel the pressure to perform after what happened last season. The difference then was that he came into the team at a time when we suddenly got our balance just right, in a team that was allowed to settle and gel. It's been very different this time.

I don't think he is worth £1.5m - if that's what we paid - but he is still quality at this level. He was shocking on Tuesday though - but most of the team were.

Generally, it's been such a struggle to really get going this season. It would help Brayford if the rest of the team was better balanced and had real attacking rhythm. We seem to be waiting for certain players to get back from injury or suspension all the time, and when they do return they don't look fully fit. Although we have a big squad it's not been easy to maintain the same tactics and formation when new players have to come in all the time.

Vs Peterborough we found ourselves with a new formation; a midfield partnership of first Doyle and an ill/struggling Coutts, and then Holt, to control things; a semi fit Flynn on the right, and a front two of Done and McNulty who also played together for the first time and in terms of attributes don't seem ideal together. A lack of height and strength throughout the squad has been a weakness all season.

We should have patience with Brayford, who must feel the pressure to perform after what happened last season. The difference then was that he came into the team at a time when we suddenly got our balance just right, in a team that was allowed to settle and gel. It's been very different this time.

We ain't been right since preseason . JB is a talisman full back , not Paul Daniels,

UTB

I know talk of promotion causes some posters to raise an eyebrow quizzically, but it's worth viewing Brayford's valuation over the long-term, which should include returning to the Championship. Over time what we've paid for JB will be seen as a good bit of business for a player of this quality. What Brayford would benefit from (as would the likes of Murphy and several others) are better quality players around him, so my hope for the next round of transfer activity is to seek quality over quantity, so a commanding center-half, an above average central midfielder, and of course the type of forward who'll impose himself on an opposing defence, thus allowing someone like Done or Murphy to capitalise on this type of contribution. With the squad we currently have, a few of who should be sold and replaced by the type of players I've described, I think we'd be far better equipped to secure a far higher percentage of wins than we've done so far this season.

But back to Brayford, cut the guy some slack. Of course he'll have off days, but his general level of play is a delight to watch, and we're lucky to have someone of his quality who's so committed to this club.

I can't comment on how Brayford played on Tuesday as I had to miss the game due to work, maybe he had a bad game, so does Messi from time to time, but anyone who doesn't recognise that Brayford is a class above this league is a Mentalist.

[QUOTE="ShefRedandWhite, post: 727873, member: 51Peterborough sink Harris has matched and perhaps been better than Brayford recently. Barring perhaps his mistake for Peterborough's second goal.[/QUOTE]
And the mistake for the first Coventry goal, and Peterboroughs winner, oh, and the pen at PortVale, and switching off for Notts Countys goal.

I think we miss Chris Porter, Brayford clearly benefited from him.

All I can say is his arrival has lifted the fans and the club in general apart from Tuesday nights blip funny that we have gone on a good run since he came ????
:D
stop slagging him and others and just for once let's not be normal blades let's be positive for the rest of this season :D:D:D

I'd say he's been pretty good since he came back. Best full back we've seen in quite a few years, surely.

He took a few games to get going the first time round, and had Flynn outside him whereas he started with JCR and Coutts.

He really needs to be pulling up tress by the end of the season though

Back
Top Bottom