Brayford for captain??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tezza1889

Reaction score
Before anybody thinks this is a post for the sake of it, its not..

I think that doyle is in the last year of his contract is he not, and given that when he signed him, collins and porter were deemed so poor compared to the quality that we were used to, some knew our days were numbered...

Doyles a grafter, as is porter, as is collins, with porter and collins out of the picture is the card marked for doyle??

So, we get brayford, undoubtably the most complete player we have, a lad that can lift the whole football club not just the other players, I wish we would unveil him as the new captain because he's quite simply a proper player, 100% every game and as talented as they come, not to mention an old fashoned footballer, playing for the love of the game, not just money...... how can he not inspire the likes of reed and kennedy?..

I really respect the way doyle has won the fans over, but to be blunt he won us over in league one after how many years, it took brayford one game...

We talked a lot at the back end of last year about role models, we have one in jb and I think he should lead the troops...

What's your thoughts??

Getting the beard in has already given us a massive lift,what i'd do is leave the captaincy to Doyle for the rest of the season then take it from there,that's the least Doyle deserves if it is his last season playing for us and i have given him some reyt stick over the years.

i think it will be between him and basham i think they both have the ability to lead but i would prefer basham the leader on the pitch and brayford the motivator if that makes any sense

I think that doyle is in the last year of his contract is he not, and given that when he signed him, collins and porter were deemed so poor compared to the quality that we were used to, some knew our days were numbered...

Doyles a grafter, as is porter, as is collins, with porter and collins out of the picture is the card marked for doyle??

So, we get brayford, undoubtably the most complete player we have, a lad that can lift the whole football club not just the other players, I wish we would unveil him as the new captain because he's quite simply a proper player, 100% every game and as talented as they come, not to mention an old fashoned footballer, playing for the love of the game, not just money...... how can he not inspire the likes of reed and kennedy?..

I really respect the way doyle has won the fans over, but to be blunt he won us over in league one after how many years, it took brayford one game...

We talked a lot at the back end of last year about role models, we have one in jb and I think he should lead the troops...

What's your thoughts??

He definitely will drive us forward on the pitch,said it before our own Gerrard but does he make the changing room sit up and take notice like Morgan did on training days.

That's what we've missed since Captain Morgan.

He definitely will drive us forward on the pitch,said it before our own Gerrard but does he make the changing room sit up and take notice like Morgan did on training days.

Agreed, leadership is best with a large dose of being a top player in you're position..

Good shout on basham btw, I can see that as well as mentioned above by A.B.

What's your thoughts??

Agreed, leadership is best with a large dose of being a top player in you're position..

Good shout on basham btw, I can see that as well as mentioned above by A.B.

Remember that Doyle still has a job to finish.

Remember that Doyle still has a job to finish.

I do have a soft spot for him as well, I used to post with the "mad" gang, and last season when he was getting battered I decided to watch him for the whole game, I posted up that he had a good game, made all his challenges, and was always available for the ball,.a good outlet and steady on the ball, however, just don't expect him to pass forward like baxter can, he just doesn't have that quality, he hardly ever loses posession when he goes sideways or back, in short, the league one equivalent of monty..

It only took ignorant people blind to any not immediately obvious talent ages to be won over. He was one of my favourite players first season down, and has been vital since.

It only took ignorant people blind to any not immediately obvious talent ages to be won over. He was one of my favourite players first season down, and has been vital since.

Agree re: first season down here, I think Doyle often made us tick by doing most of the donkey work for the likes of Quinn, Lowton, Williamson and McDonald which in turn allowed them to supply bullets for Evans.

However, relegation season, second season down here and the first half of last season, he was, at times, woeful. I think when he got sent off against Fulham at t'Lane last season, a ridiculous decision by Doyle that day, actually proved a watershed moment for him. He improved massively off the back of that criticism and has been one of our more solid performers this season. He's been up and down since he arrived and I think some are unwilling to look past the down times and lay off him a little.

You're right about him doing the simple possession stuff well; if I had a criticism of him though, it'd be that despite many describing him as a destructive midfielder, the protector of our back four, he does not actually win many tackles. He harries but how often, when things are going against us, do you see the opposition stream through the middle of our midfield? He'll win us a loose ball, he'll harry and hassle players but I don't often see him win a tackle to stop an attack. I've got no stats just my own observations - I'd be interested to see his tackling stats if there was any way to do so.

He's winding down though now and I'd like to see a big, strong defensive midfielder, tackle winner and possession player, in there from next season. I've always shouted out about the lad Diaragou (spelling?) at Brentford who I really rate and I think there was a chance early season when he wasn't getting in their team. He's got in now though so we've missed the boat there. But that kind of player. And if Doyle's time is coming to an end, there's only one call for captain - and that's Brayford.

Getting the beard in has already given us a massive lift,what i'd do is leave the captaincy to Doyle for the rest of the season then take it from there,that's the least Doyle deserves if it is his last season playing for us and i have given him some reyt stick over the years.
Yep, appears to have given a lot of fans 'a lift' but we ain't on the pitch. Let's see if the rest of the squad react the same way - hope so?

For me Doyle is always the one that takes the stick off the fans. When we line up without him in the team we are more unbalanced. He holds the midfield together and is a leader. Until we have somebody in his mould (not sure if Coutts is?) Then he will always be 1st name on the sheet for me.

He's worked on his game a lot and post DW&DW he has really blossomed, not sure if that's down to Clough or not. Under Wilson & more so Weir he was expected to be box-to-box and act as the creative spark too. This isn't his game and I think it was that poor man-management of him that let the fans build up this hatred.

If they had let him just sit in front of the defence breaking up play like a Steve McCall or Claude Makelele (don't compare him too much mind), fans would've liked him from word go.

What's your thoughts??

Lets not rock the boat , cause any disharmony . Keep things simple and as they are.

Next season is another matter and ball game.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom