Bramall Lane early 80s photos

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basing Blade

Reaction score
I found these images

I found some old images that I took at Bramall Lane, one day in about 1982, when I sneaked in.
They are actually quite good quality (Itook these on my phone from the prints).
I guess they are now a historical record. Terraces, wooden seats, toilet rolls thrown on the pitch, floodlights, white kop fence, exposed corners of the ground.
don't know what to do with them. May offer them to the club historian, but if any interest is shown I will upload better quality scans.

I hope they bring back some memories.

Bramall Lane / John Street entrance with floodlight stanchion.
IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Kop fence.
IMG_0681.jpg

South Stand wooden seats.
IMG_0672.jpg

John Street floodlights.
IMG_0676.jpg

Kop / South stand corner with old cricket terraces still there.
IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Is this the kop / John Street corner?
IMG_0678.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 57

Can't take your camera in now Kingston,I did last season,this jobsworth steward made me delete a photo of the family stand.Said it was breaking ground regulations..that fact that he stank of beer and seemed worse for wear, wasn't,apparently

Can't take your camera in now Kingston,I did last season,this jobsworth steward made me delete a photo of the family stand.Said it was breaking ground regulations..that fact that he stank of beer and seemed worse for wear, wasn't,apparently

That's quality. Did he confiscate everyone's phone too?

I found these images

I found some old images that I took at Bramall Lane, one day in about 1982, when I sneaked in.
They are actually quite good quality (Itook these on my phone from the prints).
I guess they are now a historical record. Terraces, wooden seats, toilet rolls thrown on the pitch, floodlights, white kop fence, exposed corners of the ground.
don't know what to do with them. May offer them to the club historian, but if any interest is shown I will upload better quality scans.

I hope they bring back some memories.

Bramall Lane / John Street entrance with floodlight stanchion.
View attachment 14578

View attachment 14579

Kop fence.
View attachment 14580

South Stand wooden seats.
View attachment 14581

John Street floodlights.
View attachment 14582

Kop / South stand corner with old cricket terraces still there.
View attachment 14583

View attachment 14584

Is this the kop / John Street corner?
View attachment 14585
Wow, great photos. Thanks for sharing.
In that first photo, I'm sure that bus on Bramall Lane would be one of the cream and brown ones.

Great stuff! Nobody moans more than me about the sanitisation of football - no e-cigs, cameras etc. but it was shit attending in them days. John Street was a potential death trap, fans' behaviour was appalling and it took Hillsborough in '89 to stop treating fans like cattle (in fact, in the Hillsborough Enquiry, reference was made to the Leppings Lane 'pens', 'cages' and 'pits' - terms straight out of the abattoir.)

I'm sure many fans will remember the back of the kop. Gangs of lads looking out for 'their lads' trying to 'take the kop'. There was also a frightening staircase at the corner of John St/Shoreham St. Totally enclosed and pitch black as the light bulbs had been smashed and not replaced.

Happy days. Not.

Wow, great photos. Thanks for sharing.
In that first photo, I'm sure that bus on Bramall Lane would be one of the cream and brown ones.

This one? :D

post-21375-0-97644600-1402164701.jpg

bit daft when you can happily snap away on open day pre season
got some snaps from the tv gantry to the boardroom

Great photos, didn't start going until 1988 myself but some of those photos bring back some memories of how the lane used to be, some images of how the refreshments area on the West End of John St used to look would send the H&S inspectors into minor heart failure.

Great photos, didn't start going until 1988 myself but some of those photos bring back some memories of how the lane used to be, some images of how the refreshments area on the West End of John St used to look would send the H&S inspectors into minor heart failure.

The food and drinks were terrible, thinking back the only decent thing was the chewing gum . They came in a blister pack of six and were so strong they made your mouth burn, can't remember the name either.

Highfield, I have an original Bramall Lane, cast iron road sign, possibly there when the club was formed, has pride of place in our kitchen, bought by my wife years ago as a birthday present, I was away playing cricket in skegvegas, she took home on the bus, weighed a bloody ton!

The food and drinks were terrible, thinking back the only decent thing was the chewing gum . They came in a blister pack of six and were so strong they made your mouth burn, can't remember the name either.
I used to love the meat pies at the Lane in the early eighties. I suspect in reality they'd have been ears, tails and scrotums but they tasted good at the time.

Back
Top Bottom