Brain fade and football

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Have you ever been to Bramall Lane and forgotten the name of the team you support? If so you are in good company. In an interview yesterday, Prime Minister David Cameron forgot that he is an Aston Villa 'fan', thinking he supported West Ham instead. He blamed this on football brain fade.

Have you ever been to Bramall Lane and forgotten the name of the team you support? If so you are in good company. In an interview yesterday, Prime Minister David Cameron forgot that he is an Aston Villa 'fan', thinking he supported West Ham instead. He blamed this on football brain fade.

Its because he actually supports no club. Says he does , for the reason to connect with the masses of people with a common denominator - football.

Nothing to do with brain fade , more for votes , and to appear he is connected with voters.

Sad man

UTB

Its because he actually supports no club. Says he does , for the reason to connect with the masses of people with a common denominator - football.

Nothing to do with brain fade , more for votes , and to appear he is connected with voters.

Sad man

UTB

Even worse, sad people who will vote for him.

He was recently asked what his favorite sport was, he replied "foxhunting" :rolleyes:

He was recently asked what his favorite sport was, he replied "foxhunting" :rolleyes:
That was to a pro fox-hunting magazine. When asked by Andrew Marr he said it was fishing and walking (is walking a sport?).

He will soon be walking out of number 10, with his side kick Nick clegg.

I know it is a trivial thing to pick someone up on, but it just shows you how out of touch with everyday life that these people are.

Oh, and we are being asked to vote in/trust these people to run our country...

Milliband is so in touch with the people that his favourite sport is Baseball.

Cameron and the common man is a joke - David Cameron is the 5th cousin, twice removed of Queen Elizabeth II. Samantha Cameron is the Queen's 11th cousin.

Milliband is so in touch with the people that his favourite sport is Baseball.
And it came out today for a time commoner Ed ( he of the "It ain't gonna happen" for poor old Jimmy Kranky mantra) was at the same school as Boris Johnson!
(apart from Oxford)
They're all upper class down to Lord Stansgate. (Finally equal to the masses!)
Don't think that's the main problem :(

Did anyone actually watch the m@@@@@@@ scumbag from 'Burnley' on Football Focus yesterday get his 10 minutes to broadcast!
Thank God for the good old nuetral BBC :)

DO NOT think we should do politics on here - even if the BBC do! :(

Agreed, but can I just say what a two-faced twat Cameron is

Cameron and the common man is a joke - David Cameron is the 5th cousin, twice removed of Queen Elizabeth II. Samantha Cameron is the Queen's 11th cousin.

Far be it from me to defend incestuous parasites but we're all cousins of each other aren't we?

And if you take it far enough back you're related to that banana in the fruit bowl over there.

Agreed, but can I just say what a two-faced twat Cameron is

Know what you mean Dkc, but I'm of the opinion that Dave, man of the people (well a certain section of the population), has only one face, that of a politician who leads a party who could be facing electoral defeat. Just a guess, but once he's gone the tories have other, equally robust, leadership choices from which to replace Cameron. Just imagine a world with Osborne, May, or, and this is the most intriguing possibility, the blond haired bit of posh known as Boris, leading the tory agenda. Mind you, of that lot, if one has to take their seat at the top tory table, I'd prefer May, but a it's like having to choose between Botulism and Multiple Sclerosis, your disease of choice.

And it came out today for a time commoner Ed ( he of the "It ain't gonna happen" for poor old Jimmy Kranky mantra) was at the same school as Boris Johnson!
(apart from Oxford)
They're all upper class down to Lord Stansgate. (Finally equal to the masses!)
Don't think that's the main problem :(

Did anyone actually watch the m@@@@@@@ scumbag from 'Burnley' on Football Focus yesterday get his 10 minutes to broadcast!
Thank God for the good old nuetral BBC :)

DO NOT think we should do politics on here - even if the BBC do! :(
It was David Cameron who went to the same school as Boris Johnson (Eton).

Cameron's true stance in relation to football was disclosed in Parliament in October, 2001. Speaking in a debate on the Football Disorder Bill, he stated as follows: "Many of those who have spoken in the...debate are either lawyers or football fans. I have to confess, I am neither."

Indeed.

It's one of the slight annoyances of life that most politicians (most of whom would not know what a goal was) feel the need to pretend to be interested in football to show they are down with the voters. Blair was another one (though Brown is a genuine fan).

Yawn. :eek: Can someone remind me why this is in blades chat? We have enough to moan about without this! Can he play centre back? Who does clegg support? Do we care?

- can't I just say I support the blues?
- no, there's are too many teams play in blue. You need to be more specific.
- I'm never going to remember this.
- ok look, say "Aston Villa". They play in purple. Hard to fuck up. There's only one other team like look like them so you stand a 50% chance of getting the right one.
- I'm not a complete idiot you know...

Blair was another one (though Brown is a genuine fan).

Thought Blair seemed to be quite knowledgeable in football when he made an appearance in football Focus. His favourite Newcastle keeper was Mike Mahoney (Newcastle keeper after Iam McFaul)

Thought Blair seemed to be quite knowledgeable in football when he made an appearance in football Focus. His favourite Newcastle keeper was Mike Mahoney (Newcastle keeper after Iam McFaul)
He seemed to be quite good at football if the film of him heading the ball back and forth with Keegan is anything to go by. But he wasn't a big Newcastle fan, didn't he claims to have seen Jackie Milburn play when he hadn't been born when he retired?

He seemed to be quite good at football if the film of him heading the ball back and forth with Keegan is anything to go by. But he wasn't a big Newcastle fan, didn't he claims to have seen Jackie Milburn play when he hadn't been born when he retired?
Blair was born in 1953, Milburn left Newcastle for Linfield in 1957. He had a belated testimonial in 1967

Back
Top Bottom