Bradford v Blades - Highlights and Post Match Interview.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Impossible to call who scored the third from that angle however Billy looks a bit confused as Bash runs off and then a little pissed off when he catches him!

Defensively the first one of Bradfords was very unlucky it deflected right into Clarkes path, all the other five goals in the game were well worked by both sides.

No blame on the keepers either.

Couple of very good finishes from Sharp there. That first Bradford goal is a bit of mess – several people couple be highlighted there. But looked like a cracker of a game – lovely scenes with the equaliser.

Usual Eeyore moment from me. All their goals came down their left and our right and on two of them there was a distinct lack of tracking back and a lot of "passing" on responsibility. We don't want to lapse into bad habits again..

CW just said Billy claiming hat trick got ball off ref and walking about with a pen getting rest of team to sign ball, thats a striker for you.

Looks like Freeman gave his man too much room a couple of times but then that has always been his style. Well worked goals by both sides.

Basham likes to be involved dunt he.
Bradfords 1st goal he is sliding on the floor should have cleared the ball on its way thru,Bradfords 3rd goal he does what i have seen him do countless times comes out to the oppo midfielder,then lets the oppo midfielder ghost past him into the box to recieve the ball and score while Basham looks on from a few yards away.Basham's long leg gets a touch ? for the equaliser.
Sorry for the Basham bashing.

health issues will keep me away from games still new year , so how was lavery

health issues will keep me away from games still new year , so how was lavery

I didn't go Max so can't truly comment however I am sure somebody will give you a proper appraisal on his performance later.

Going on what it said on the Radio though it sounds like he came on and made a bit of an impact, his name was definitely mentioned a few times so like you I am curious. Edwards said that he is pacey and makes very smart runs in behind the back four and that he causes problems.

First time in this run that I think we could have worked a bit harder and pressed further forward as playing soft allowed them to cause problem.

I am only going off the highlights so we could have been pressing for the rest of the game, it just shows what happens when you don't

Defending does look shabby at times but lets concentrate on the positives lads, enough in that to stay upbeat and positive!

1. Prior to this match Bradford had the best defensive record in the league with 9 against.....We put 3 past them!

2. Prior to this nobody had managed more than a single goal at Valley Parade.....We put 3 past them!

3. We continue our unbeaten run to ten games!

4. Billy Sharp seems to have hit some decent form up to for us!

5. We finally have a manager who instructs his team to attack the game again after scoring as opposed to sitting back.

Defending does look shabby at times but lets concentrate on the positives lads, enough in that to stay upbeat and positive!

1. Prior to this match Bradford had the best defensive record in the league with 9 against.....We put 3 past them!

2. Prior to this nobody had managed more than a single goal at Valley Parade.....We put 3 past them!

5. We finally have a manager who instructs his team to attack the game again after scoring as opposed to sitting back.

Under Adkins after scoring the equaliser we would have gone on to lose because he was the opposite of number 5!

As above, too much space down the right hand side of our defence - Basham, to some extent, but Freeman, especially, looked culpable. He was scrambling across a couple of times and Kilgallon (I think?) had far too much time to cause us damage. I would have liked O'Connell in the side, I think he's such a classy player at our level and he's been growing in stature week-by-week for us.

That said, I love seeing us having a go... and I love seeing our full backs bombing forwards away from home in such a big game. We showed so much ambition and our front players worked their socks off, whilst also showing some creative guile. Mark Duffy is deserving of some praise from us lot now. He had a mixed start for us, his upturn in form didn't coincide with the team's, he's been a late arriver to the party. But he's now starting to show what he's about, long may it continue.

Furthermore, I've avidly defended Sharp and Done from some of the criticism they've received this season, I'm so pleased that the decision to stick by them is now almost indisputably correct.

Usual Eeyore moment from me. All their goals came down their left and our right and on two of them there was a distinct lack of tracking back and a lot of "passing" on responsibility. We don't want to lapse into bad habits again..
It's not just down to one player obviously, but CW could bring back O'Connel and look at the option of playing Basham at right back for a few games He did well there last season, and it won't do Freeman any harm to let him know his place isn't a gimmie.

First time in this run that I think we could have worked a bit harder and pressed further forward as playing soft allowed them to cause problem.

I am only going off the highlights so we could have been pressing for the rest of the game, it just shows what happens when you don't
Not tue. They all worked their socks off and were pressing right till the last moment. Very impressed with the work rate and trying to get a winner late on. Great game.

It was a fair result.But defensively we flapped about, and looked abit dodgy for the goals when we could have cleared it.Freeman had his worse game this season. Hopefully that's now out the way. Overall though I was happy to come out with a point.

We couldn't have pressed anymore than we did to be fair ,the players put a big shift in , in a very fast paced game with both sides going hammer and tong attacking each other, Hanson was a real handful again ,we always find him to be ,but Freeman had one of those days Im afraid. Bit harsh to hammer him though ,this team is on a great run of 10 games ,nothing should be changed atm ,against any other team today we would have won 3 nil or more ,and so would they.

Did not think Freeman was as bad as folk are saying. He was left exposed by others not closing in certain situation. On the worst performer for us today, Duffy gave the ball away so many times and his aproach work was slow at times.

we had 17 shots on target according to the stats, 9 of which were on target, far better than Bradford so I guess we were pressing ok

we had 17 shots on target according to the stats, 9 of which were on target, far better than Bradford so I guess we were pressing ok

For their goals there was a lack of pressing. As I said for the rest of the game we were probably pressing but the goals we weren't

Have a like young jedi.

Back
Top Bottom