Bradford fans view on James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers Roy...devisive I'd guess you'd say......

Said on another post give the lad a chance, think he will be a target man let's hope billy can feed of him.

Does make me wonder why they are allowing him to come to us, out of contract soon or not. You wouldn't think they would let him go to a team they may be battling against for auto promotion shortly????
Also city neil commented on his injury woes, hope it's not a case one crock out and one crock in.

I get the impression most people think he's shit and the positive comments are more about appreciation of his service in the past.

“Is there another player in the entire football league who divides opinions of his own teams fans as much as James Hanson? I doubt it”

We've finally found Doyle's replacement.
I thought that was Done?

Think wilder has seen sharp is generally not part of successful partnerships. So you either drop sharp or the other option is get a player built to aid him.

Put it this way, if there's going to be a striker next to sharp not scoring lots of goals, it may as well be a player who can aid us defensively and if we need to switch style.

This thread makes me think it'd be fascinating to see the view from Doncaster on the signing of Brian Deane

:)
“Is there another player in the entire football league who divides opinions of his own teams fans as much as James Hanson? I doubt it”

We've finally found Doyle's replacement.

Ricky, you forgot to tell Roy that there is already a Hanson thread!

On the flip side he might actually be decent and the negative comments are a case of the Coventry/John Fleck Syndrome.

Made a good couple of comments there Tyler.

Also agree that a striker should be judged on their partnership.
Billy Sharp has usually looked poor every time time Leon Clarke has played. Wonder why?
It's been ironic that Clarke has looked poor but in many ways he's been better than Sharp.

Hanson might not be prolific for us but his appearance up top might make it easier for Sharp to score.

Also look at the pattern in recent matches at Bramall Lane.
Teams have stopped trying to take the initiative, they simply sit back and defend in numbers.
We have 15 corners every match but don't look like scoring.
We have loads of goal mouth scrambles in their area but are always outmuscled and the ball is cleared.

Wilder has tried putting EEL up front in the final 5 minutes and he's been effective.

We have a team full of softies who can pass for fun but we struggle to break down packed defences.
In this scenario we need a physical battering ram and Hanson could be that man.

The comments say to me that he was a very good player (as we have seen) up to recently and this season ,coinciding with Stuart McCall taking over. If he doesn't fit into the way McCall plays that would answer why has been disappointing this season. We have better players and are more flexible than Bradford , he will be a massive asset to us you watch.

Gives us tactical options and gives the opposition managers nightmares about how to set up against us. I doubt there are many clubs in L1 with the range of players needed to play against all the different attacking options we have.

We don't need a goal machine, just somebody who can facilitate the one we've already got. If he does that, it'll be a successful signing.

But Wilder criticised our strikers for not scoring enough, so surely if he comes in and isn't a goal machine, he is a failure, going by Wilders standards?

If he's used for the last 15 to 20 minutes most weeks I can see this being a fantastic signing.

If he's a regular starter I can see this derailing our season.

Wilder should quickly work it out, either way.

UTB

But Wilder criticised our strikers for not scoring enough, so surely if he comes in and isn't a goal machine, he is a failure, going by Wilders standards?
I know you really want him to fail to prove you right ,but how tenuous do you have to need a comment to be to make you say I told you so ?

Didn't he criticise them for missing chances?

I think we should play Clarke and Hanson up front ;)
Agree, play Coutts just in front of the back four and get him to hit percentage balls towards them.

I am remaining both open minded and highly optimistic about the signing of James Hanson.

I noticed a transformation of Bradford this season, it seems that McCall is trying to get them to play football through midfield as opposed to the long ball / more direct Bradford City that we have seen in recent years. The fact that McCall spoke of his desire to keep Hanson at the club in his post match interview on Saturday inspires confidence because is shows that both McCall and Wilder believe that the player can play a role in a "footballing team".

If one thing has been apparent this season, it is that we could still use the type of player up top that can link up with the midfielders as well as hold up play to bring them into the game. Saturday was a clear example of this because for all the breaks in numbers and all of the smart passing left to right, it was pretty obvious that despite having two tricky players up top, we still lacked that one player who had the presence to pull defenders out of position and to impose himself on players and cause a bit of hassle.......Hanson can do this.

Our set pieces have been fantastic this year so far, thus helped by the height and physical presence of the likes of EEL and JOC....Adding Hanson into the mix will only make us even more of a threat from free kicks and corners which is only a good thing.

I think this signing is all about Wilder adding to our strengths whilst at the same time bringing in a player who has the experience and endeavour to do all of the dirty work in the final third of the pitch, whilst still being an obvious threat.

Do I think he is a 20 goals a season striker? Possibly not but surely he has 10 in him in the right team with the right service......He's a more intelligent and more agile Chris Porter possibly, who knows.

But if it offers a serious threat whilst complimenting our already proven assets eg Sharp and Duffy.....Would this be a bad thing? Would it be enough?

We should at least have a picture of him lined up next to Louis Reed and Stefan Scougall, just for the comedy value

Back
Top Bottom