Bottom of the travel league

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So not only do the people of Gillingham live in a shithole, they've also the furthest to travel to leave it.

Aside from the football, there is no reason to visit any of the places on that table other than Sheffield. They're all shitholes.

nb I do appreciate that some people like Blackpool.

Let's hope we wipe each and everyone of them of the face of the map, never to be visited again.:)

Its strange how close we are to Bradford and Scunthorpe but they both have much further to travel.

Can I ask a snobby why?
Come on!! I do visit Blackpool but as already stated it is a shit hole!!! They are making attempts to make it look hslf decent. I recomend poulton le-field (im sure ive spelt that wrong but ive only just woken up so dont care!) if you ever go that way and want to stay over. Not really for a coach load mind!!

Aside from the football, there is no reason to visit any of the places on that table other than Sheffield. They're all shitholes.

Bury? Been there a few times and it's a lovely little town. Burton and Shrewsbury are decent places too.

The rest I can't defend...

Bury? Been there a few times and it's a lovely little town. Burton and Shrewsbury are decent places too.

The rest I can't defend...

Bury? The one with the markets? I'll have to let Our Kid's other half know that I've found someone who thinks that her hometown is "lovely". I'll grant you that the countryside to the north is nice but not the town itself...

On first reading this post, I thought thats harsh but then I looked at the list again and couldn't really argue!! The countryside around a few of the places is ok but you have that in Sheffield anyway

Come on!! I do visit Blackpool but as already stated it is a shit hole!!! They are making attempts to make it look hslf decent. I recomend poulton le-field (im sure ive spelt that wrong but ive only just woken up so dont care!) if you ever go that way and want to stay over. Not really for a coach load mind!!
I play pool on la table.

Distance travelled is irrelevant if your team win or at least play well!

That said.....the league table looks like the index page to the second edition of "England's crap towns!" (p.s. I would like to exclude Sheffield but anyone who works in the city centre will know that it is a struggle to justify at the moment)

Leagues 1 and 2 are very regionalised this year. The vast majority of the teams in our league are from the Midlands and further north, whilst the vast majority in League 2 are from the south.

There are a lot of Lancashire local derbies in league one.

Distance travelled is irrelevant if your team win or at least play well!

That said.....the league table looks like the index page to the second edition of "England's crap towns!" (p.s. I would like to exclude Sheffield but anyone who works in the city centre will know that it is a struggle to justify at the moment)
"...at the moment"???? Sheffield city centre has been a craphole for over 30 years.

Get that sent to your insurance company Foxy, got to be worth a few quid off the insurance.

The man who is bored of London is bored of life. The Tate, Southbank, London Eye, Globe, London Dungeons and some of the country's best mircro brewies are all within a doable walk or one stop from The Den!

And while we still have some nasty estates around, you could hardly describe Bermondsey of 2015 a shithole.

The man who is bored of London is bored of life. The Tate, Southbank, London Eye, Globe, London Dungeons and some of the country's best mircro brewies are all within a doable walk or one stop from The Den!

And while we still have some nasty estates around, you could hardly describe Bermondsey of 2015 a shithole.

London Dungeons exists purely to separate tourists from their money - it's basically Madame Tussauds in a cellar. In addition, most teams' fans might agree with the point about the "country's best micro breweries" but unfortunately you're on a forum for Sheffield United fans - fans of a team based in the real ale capital of the UK.

The rest of your post is spot on ;)

[QUOTE="Balham Blade, post: 802676, member: 2583"the real ale capital of the UK.[/QUOTE]

Real Ale Pah!

Magnet%2001.bmp

Back
Top Bottom