Booing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
Although I would never join in and I don't think it helps the team to play better, I could understand the booing of the team when their goals went in, at half time and obviously at full time. I can also understand the chants of "what a load of rubbish" and "you're not fit to wear the shirt".

What I can't understand was the booing of McEveley before he'd even kicked a ball when he came on after half time and invariably every time he went near the ball. I honestly don't know who was responsible for the 4th goal, it was a truly awful one to concede, but as far as I could see, Jay did ok marking their forward and certainly did a better job of it than Collins. The nearest he got to their forwards was when they shook hands before the game.

my mate reckoned it was as much to do with the bonkersness of the substitution than anything

Maybe they were saying boo-urn, as in who they want us to sign?

It was definitely directed at Jay when the substitutions were announced and he definitely realised it was for him as he made a gesture with his hands for the crowd to get behind the team.

Must be soul-destroying to be booed as a player. Some may argue that the player should rise above it, in some cases it may even spur the player on to prove his detractors wrong, but that's probably the exception rather than the rule.

McEveley has been singled out because Adkins made him captain.. inexplicable.. oh and because of all the ricks he makes

Booing players when they come on is nothing short of outrageous and shows the lack of respect shown personally towards an individual. What if he surprised everyone, had good game and scored a fantastic goal like the one last season? Boo after the game if you must.

How can any talented footballer on the top of his game (not saying Jay is btw) be expected to perform well if singled out and booed before he's even kicked a ball?

If Jay gestured to the crowd to get behind the team then good on him for being a true professional!

Back
Top Bottom