Bob Harris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
For me, he's been our best player this season and what an incredible night at both ends he had last night.

The deal to get him wasn't a steal, it was more daylight robbery.

When Brayford came some of us noticed he had as much potential as him and his performances where being overlooked.

When Brayford came some of us noticed he had as much potential as him and his performances where being overlooked.
I don't think his performances were overlooked, I think Brayford was exceptional. Harris was part of a very strong back four last year. Last night Harris was brilliant, but I'd say that flynn was better.

I don't think his performances were overlooked, I think Brayford was exceptional. Harris was part of a very strong back four last year. Last night Harris was brilliant, but I'd say that flynn was better.
Bit particular that though Lion beer specs me thinks! All players were a 10 last night.

• Banned
I'd say Harris saved us on at least two occasions by covering for the centre backs. There were a couple of amazing last ditch challenges he put in.

Harris had a shaky start to this season but he's certainly making up for it now

Bit particular that though Lion beer specs me thinks! All players were a 10 last night.
Ha ha well I can't say the same, I was sober last night as I was driving! Hope it doesn't mean that I have to be sober on Saturday to see us win!

Harris was fantastic when we first got him and he had a bit of an injury and didnt seem quite right at wembley and had a slow start to the season and his getting better, quick. But yeah... love him

10/10 would trade for MadMahon again

Ha ha well I can't say the same, I was sober last night as I was driving! Hope it doesn't mean that I have to be sober on Saturday to see us win!
Sorry, thought you'd had some in the Lion. Bobs all round game is getting better and better. Don't think he'll ever be an overlapping fullback but he dunt need to be if he keeps crossing as he has been.

Sorry, thought you'd had some in the Lion. Bobs all round game is getting better and better. Don't think he'll ever be an overlapping fullback but he dunt need to be if he keeps crossing as he has been.
Very strong defender, gets forward and puts the ball in the box. It Works for me

Love watching Harris..there's something about his manner on the pitch and the way he plays that makes you smile...he's been consistently good for a while now..same last season.Thought he had a great game last night..can't decide between him,Bash and Sparky for MoM.

he doing so well, something has changed and is playing well.

Five minutes before we scored they had a free kick in almost the same position. I said 'if they use the skiddy pitch surface and hit it hard and low it will cause problems'. Fortunately they tried to float one high. Up steps Harris and their goalie couldn't keep hold of it.

Top class free kick that Koeman would have been proud of.

Baxter had a similar opportunity later but hit it high into the Kop. Hard and low is an absolute nightmare.

Player of season so far for me, too, and the best left back we've had since .......... well, who do you reckon ? Gary Naysmith ?

Old fashioned full back, old fashioned footballer's name, old fashioned football values, jumps just about as high (for a short-arse) as Matt Hill, and looks like he's thoroughly enjoying himself playing for the red and white.

The man has STUBBLE: as an old friend of this and other Blades forums used to have it, it's not rocket science :)

Don't all go raving about my Bob now that bearded fella ain't here anymore!

On a serious note, he's always had the potential since his first game for us I loved his drive & tenacity plus he's vocal & reads the game very well. On the ball his confidence has gradually grown game upon game & he whips some fantastic deliveries in, to say we swapped him for Tony 'big-time-Charlie-I'm-not-as-good-as-I-think-I-am' McMahon, what a bit of business by Mr Clough!

You keep going Bob, nice to see the plaudits are coming out in force!

(just keep getting yourself on the scoresheet & you'll make me & my wallet even happier ;))

Five minutes before we scored they had a free kick in almost the same position. I said 'if they use the skiddy pitch surface and hit it hard and low it will cause problems'. Fortunately they tried to float one high. Up steps Harris and their goalie couldn't keep hold of it.

Baxter had a similar opportunity later but hit it high into the Kop. Hard and low is an absolute nightmare.

A manager in Norway was so worried about low free kicks going under/through the wall that he put a player lying on the ground just behind it.

Agree with everything on here about Harris. For me he's probably our best crosser of the ball - certainly from the left side. Has a good right boot too as he showed at Fleetwood. Rapidly acquiring cult status from me!

A manager in Norway was so worried about low free kicks going under/through the wall that he put a player lying on the ground just behind it.
Ched Evans used to hit every free kick hard and low to try and get under the wall.

To be fair to Baxter - with the time remaining it was either score or make sure it ended up in in the Kop to buy time. Last thing we wanted was for Forster to claim the free kick and start an attack.

Man of the match for me without a doubt. Made a couple of amazing tackles that stopped near certain goals and setup the winner for McNulty.

That's 'cos they ripped a hole in the defenders, who all subsequently bled to death, obviously :rolleyes:
I remember players needing treatment after they got in the way of a Woody shot.In the 1972 Watney Cup final Woody blasted a free kick straight to Sandy Allan's tummy and it took a good few minutes before Sandy was able to walk or run properly. Hugh Fisher of Southampton got the full force of a Woody shot on his back at the Lane End and he was staggering around near the goalmouth with a grimace on his face much to laughter by the spectators. When John Garrett was showing footage of our 3-0 win against Watford (filmed by a fan at the back of the BLUT) in the 1971 promotion reunion 3 years ago there was a Watford defender that got floored by a Woody shot early in the game (I didnt remember this incident). My Norwich mate's dad recalled a funny moment in the Norwich v Blades match in August 1970, A Woody shot struck Norwich's keeper Kevin Keelan on the chest causing him to lose balance for a good few seconds, he was so shaken that he needed treatment from the team's sponge and bucket man

Baxter is very consistant .................at putting free kicks over the bar

I say it time and time again. Make the GK save it. Owt can happen if he at least hits the target. The amount we waste at times is criminal

Back
Top Bottom