Board - Time to stand up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

@thelane

Reaction score
Okay, so we have righted the defeats of the first two games and are now in a great position to kick on.
I like the way the team is improving with each game...but I just don't see goals...why?....clear to all that watch is that we don't have any strength in attack.
We had the perfect opportunity to get someone capable in the xfer window, but failed!....why?...because the board whilst making 'substantial ' offers, didn't go the extra yard.
We have money...do you think Bristol City thought for one minute when buying the lad from Rotherham....do you think Rotherham ( nowhere near our financial clout), paused for a minute before splashing out on Bechio?
We are now at a cross roads....do or die.....Come on Board, I'm sick of the excuses, back NC or we will be stuck in this division for ever.
Mr Phipps put the money where the mouth is or tell us the truth about the real state of the club.

Reactions: Dkc

Okay, so we have righted the defeats of the first two games and are now in a great position to kick on.
I like the way the team is improving with each game...but I just don't see goals...why?....clear to all that watch is that we don't have any strength in attack.
We had the perfect opportunity to get someone capable in the xfer window, but failed!....why?...because the board whilst making 'substantial ' offers, didn't go the extra yard.
We have money...do you think Bristol City thought for one minute when buying the lad from Rotherham....do you think Rotherham ( nowhere near our financial clout), paused for a minute before splashing out on Bechio?
We are now at a cross roads....do or die.....Come on Board, I'm sick of the excuses, back NC or we will be stuck in this division for ever.
Mr Phipps put the money where the mouth is or tell us the truth about the real state of the club.

No reference to GCH loses you a point, but this is up there.

Bristol City knew they were selling Baldock. Have they gambled on a one season wonder ?

Splashing out on Becchio ? He isn't a permanent signing and most players would chose a Championship club over L1

How do you know NC hasn't been backed ?

You mean to say you're angry at the board's unwillingness to overspend?

Bristol City knew they were selling Baldock. Have they gambled on a one season wonder ?

Splashing out on Becchio ? He isn't a permanent signing and most players would chose a Championship club over L1

How do you know NC hasn't been backed ?
We are talking Rotherham aren't we ? toy town with a lop sided stadium which looks a bit like an overturned Jerry helmet who will do well to attract 10,000 even with a good away following present.
I would love one of the happy clappers to explain how they can just go out and get a decent striker from a premiership club you know what with massive signing on fee's and wages that are always a barrier to us getting anyone half decent. I know Bramall lane is 3X's the size of the NY stadium but come on surely it don't cost 3X's the amount to pay the leccy bills and even if it did we get twice their crowds every week. Don't all jump in shouting TV money even last season Rotherham showed their intentions early on and went all out for promotion, unlike our boardroom full of losers who spend as little as possible and hope something good turns up out of the journeymen, youngsters or good young players who have been crocked for a numbers of years.
Why the fuck does SUFC bleed cash at a faster rate than any other club in the country ???

We are talking Rotherham aren't we ? toy town with a lop sided stadium which looks a bit like an overturned Jerry helmet who will do well to attract 10,000 even with a good away following present.
I would love one of the happy clappers to explain how they can just go out and get a decent striker from a premiership club you know what with massive signing on fee's and wages that are always a barrier to us getting anyone half decent. I know Bramall lane is 3X's the size of the NY stadium but come on surely it don't cost 3X's the amount to pay the leccy bills and even if it did we get twice their crowds every week. Don't all jump in shouting TV money even last season Rotherham showed their intentions early on and went all out for promotion, unlike our boardroom full of losers who spend as little as possible and hope something good turns up out of the journeymen, youngsters or good young players who have been crocked for a numbers of years.
Why the fuck does SUFC bleed cash at a faster rate than any other club in the country ???

Have you ever said anything positive about the board? even when we got promoted to the Prem :)

Don't wanna sound picky metalblade but Norwich are a Championship club :p

Good feature on the Canaries on TFLS last Saturday by that retard Clem.

He pointed out that their turnover had dropped from £100m per season in the PL to 'just' £50m in the Championship. And that just about sums it up. Where has that £50m gone? It will just have disappeared into the pockets of players and agents. It's time this madness stopped. Let Man. U, Man. City, Liverpool and Chelsea continue their 'arms race'. Norwich - like West Brom this season - have had their fun but are achieving nothing. Let them drop down to the CL, let the fans rediscover what it's like to not get outclassed every Saturday and return reinvigorated.

It never fails to amaze me how people like to spend other peoples money.........

Sheff Utd is not a public sector organisation living off tax payers money.

UTB

getting seriously fed up of childish whingers expecting the club to fork out fortunes for players. We made offers for players we thought was fair, owning clubs did not, player not sold, end of discussion. The club will have remit not to end up in the financial quagmire we did several years ago and thus are now more selective/savvy/careful with money which clough has proved. Get behind the club and its employees from owner, to players to tea lady and stop whinging. Remember mccabe and the prince owe this club nothing and have already dug deep in their own pockets for our benefit. Stop barracking them or they may just decide they've had enough. If you want to change things become a shareholder. In Mccabe, the prince & clough we trust. Utb.

What pisses me off is the fact that Mal Brannigan comes on to say we put substantial bids in for the three players, then follows it up with we started the process several weeks/months ago, then goes on to say the clubs said no. If you started the fucking process months ago and the club said no then either up your bid (which they did not) or try for another fucking player.

What pisses me off is the fact that Mal Brannigan comes on to say we put substantial bids in for the three players, then follows it up with we started the process several weeks/months ago, then goes on to say the clubs said no. If you started the fucking process months ago and the club said no then either up your bid (which they did not) or try for another fucking player.
Exactly
Was it all some elaborate wind up from the other clubs ? Or does mel just not take no for an answer ?

We made quite a few offers to Championship clubs, they just weren't willing to sell. Can't blame the board for that.
I suppose some will claim we made such derisory offers we knew they would almost certainly be refused. The only way to refute that would be to say who for and how much was bid, but that causes problems of its own not the least pissing off players already here.

[QUOTE="Toronto Blade fan, post: 645477, member: 13869". If you started the fucking process months ago and the club said no then either up your bid (which they did not) or try for another fucking player.[/QUOTE]

How do you know the bid wasn't increased ?

Instead we go for a player that Clough doesn't want ?

I hope Jim Phipps is reading this and tells Mal where he went wrong, it's genius.

Mixed reaction here I see.......well I guess that's what makes us Blades?
I'm not a big whinger as my previous posts will show by enlarge......but I'm not going to praise the club if I think they are wrong.
I think this manager and the board have great chance of moving us forward...but this is a critical period and a bit of pushing the boat out is needed......time will tell and I'm happy to be proved wrong.
However, if they had just spent a little over the odds on quality it would have added to the momentum we are building.
For all the doubters.......take out Baxters goals and we would be bottom of the league.....Higdon couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo!

they may have started the process months ago and probably decided at the time they had a limit which they would not go above. Ask yourself this whingers. When there were reports about Maguire going for between £1.5-2 million and you were all on here saying hold out for £3-4 what would your reply be if united had been on the purchasing end of a deal like that. You'd be complaining that we paid over the odds for a player and that a cheaper alternative could be found. Board and manager can't win with some of you lot.

Clough and Brannigan were under pressure from supporters and media to make public their bidding. I'm sure their preference would have been to say nothing until an offer was accepted but that was nigh on impossible in the 'pressure cooker' atmosphere of the transfer window. I followed their comments closely and felt they made clear what they wanted but at no point raised expectations that they were close to landing their targets. So I'm not disappointed, I don't feel let down and I'm very confident that the gaps they have identified will be filled at some point soon.

We all know the team needs a 20+ goal striker and we also know most other clubs' supporters would say likewise. Acquiring that player at a price that makes sense is rarely going to be easy. Cloughie has been given a budget that complies with FFP, to manage as he sees fit. He was able to bring in his own man - Brannigan - to do the deals and he's on record as saying he "treats the club's money as though it were his own." So why is it the board's fault that the targets were not landed? Is it not just plausible that the clubs in question could not be tempted to sell at a sane price? And that Brannigan/Clough did the right thing in not paying an insane price simply to appease a section of supporters?

Cloughie turned around a desperate situation last season, inheriting a team devoid of confidence and ideas. We're in much better shape this time around and I am confident Cloughie knows what is needed to turn a good League 3 team into a promotion outfit. I also believe he has the resources to achieve this.

As Jim Phipps said last night:

"Let's let the season continue to unfold and stay positive! We have plenty of stored up strength to do what is needed?"

Based on evidence to date I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Like I said, happy to be proved wrong at the end of the season......to all lack of action supporters...are you?
As always.....Up the blades!

getting seriously fed up of childish whingers expecting the club to fork out fortunes for players. We made offers for players we thought was fair, owning clubs did not, player not sold, end of discussion. The club will have remit not to end up in the financial quagmire we did several years ago and thus are now more selective/savvy/careful with money which clough has proved. Get behind the club and its employees from owner, to players to tea lady and stop whinging. Remember mccabe and the prince owe this club nothing and have already dug deep in their own pockets for our benefit. Stop barracking them or they may just decide they've had enough. If you want to change things become a shareholder. In Mccabe, the prince & clough we trust. Utb.
I am shareholder but guess what I'm outvoted by the board in the number of votes. Please do not presume you speak for me in your last sentence because I certainly don't trust Kevin "Beattie's got flu" McCabe or Jim Phipps's royal puppet master.

Back
Top Bottom