Match Thread Blades v Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All I'm thinking is I'm up at 4.30am to watch on my tablet then walk the dog then head into work. I'm really hoping for a win but then again we seem to perform better away from home so I have no idea what a "good" result will be. As long as the fans support like they did for Spurs & Southampton it'll be a great atmosphere. Utb!

I have it on very good authority that the Football Gods haven't made their minds up yet!

At least the pre match beer will be good! ;)

2-1 Blades

COYRAWWs

:D

Blades 0-1 Swindon......then the same score next Monday, both goals conceded from corners that Collins would have cleared with ease if he wasn't sat at home with his feet up....Opta stats give the Blades 1 shot on target over the 180 minutes and the clappers finally turn on Clough.

i see a similar game to the Spurs one back in Jan, I think Clough will sit back as usual and try and sneak a 1-0 win, however when they score we will have to go forward, we'll go 2-1 up then concede late leaving it finely poised at 2-2.

Blades 0-1 Swindon......then the same score next Monday, both goals conceded from corners that Collins would have cleared with ease if he wasn't sat at home with his feet up....Opta stats give the Blades 1 shot on target over the 180 minutes and the clappers finally turn on Clough.
image.png

They stuffed us over there and were the better team when we beat them at home. They have lost their way towards the end of the season as we have. They have rested some players as we have. I don't think that has affected our results or theirs, both teams are unsettled and out of form.

When we played them at home they were riding high and looked a quality side with a lot of athletic, almost arrogant youngsters strutting around. By the end of the game they had lost their struts and their cohesion. We won on sheer effort and application, that's how I recall the game anyway.

Anything can happen tonight. Clough will be happy with any sort of lead for the second leg but will not allow the team to chase the game at any stage.

3-1 to the blades blades, our performance will surprise us all I only gave swindon a goal because they will at least have 1 corner.

I expect Swindon will play 3 5 2 - a formation they have used most of the season. Offensively they are good,defensively poor. Their key players have all been rested in the run-up to this. Can't see them sitting back unless they go in front.

First goal is key I think as we struggle to break down a defensive side and the midfield battle ( which they expect to win) will be decisive. Cannot see the Blades keeping a clean sheet (hope I am wrong). I doubt the tie will be settled tonight unless we self-destruct. Key players for us will be Murphy and Basham ( whether he is MF or CH). As I have been predicting Basham to score for weeks I am going with Basham and Coutts couldn't hit a barn door. At least 3 goals tonight given the respective defences - stick my neck out and go for a 2-2 draw but I doubt more than a goal in it either way.

All I'm thinking is I'm up at 4.30am to watch on my tablet then walk the dog then head into work. I'm really hoping for a win but then again we seem to perform better away from home so I have no idea what a "good" result will be. As long as the fans support like they did for Spurs & Southampton it'll be a great atmosphere. Utb!

Hi Melbourne. Small world, we'll be thinking about you at 4.30 am your time.

I was down your way earlier this year and got interested in A League which is often entertaining and is on BT Sports weekly up here.

I reckon the standard is around League 1 to Championship level and certainly there are a couple of good young managers and some good players. Is it a source of talent for United? Would League 1 ( or Championship!!) money attract players or are they on that sort of money anyway?

Hi Melbourne. Small world, we'll be thinking about you at 4.30 am your time.

I was down your way earlier this year and got interested in A League which is often entertaining and is on BT Sports weekly up here.

I reckon the standard is around League 1 to Championship level and certainly there are a couple of good young managers and some good players. Is it a source of talent for United? Would League 1 ( or Championship!!) money attract players or are they on that sort of money anyway?

To be honest I can't watch the a-league. I'd rather watch the afl. Standard could be on par with league one but then again I think an in form team from league one would smash your average a-league side. Don't think the league is producing the amount of quality Aussie exports they anticipated.

To be honest I can't watch the a-league. I'd rather watch the afl. Standard could be on par with league one but then again I think an in form team from league one would smash your average a-league side. Don't think the league is producing the amount of quality Aussie exports they anticipated.

I've watched Monty play a few times and he gets by and to be honest he would get by in League 1; he is what he is and would add to our team at present.

bore score draw - cos we cannot keep a clean sheet - we will concede a goal from a set play that is either a header or a tap in from a knock down.
first set of 90 so not losing will be the instruction - I suspect we will concede first and strain every sinew to get the equaliser.
it won't be through lack of effort more about stringent tactics leading to little support for anyone who plays up top coupled with a lack of quality when a chance presents itself.

be nice to be eating humble at around 21:30 this evening

We will not lose but not do enough to win the tie.

Probably the usual: take the lead, go into our shell, concede from a set piece, ends up 1-1.

Hey brothers, match will be on tv?

Sky Sports 2 Kazza

KO 19:45 BST - you'll be about 2 hours or so ahead over there I guess?

I'm sure you can find some feed to roar on the lads with us.

Same station and KO time for the 2nd leg on Monday, as well

3-0 Blades. Smash this mother to smithereens. Sit back in the 2nd leg, conceding 1 maybe, but go through 3-1.

Final vs Preston. 0-0 till injury time in extra time when The Bearded Wonder smashes one in from 25 yards taking a wicked deflection on the way. 2 Blades fans die from the shock, 5 pregnant women go in to labour, and my wife gives me a BJ right there in the stadium.

Team

Howard

Brayford Basham McEverley Harris

Coutts
Baxter Holt
Flynn Murphy
Davies

Subs
Willis
Freeman
Doyle
Scougall
Adams
Davies (B)
McNulty

9 mins: Brayford overlap, pull back for Baxter 15 yards out; Baxter curls into top left corner: GOAL

32 mins: Swindon Corner, flicked on at front post, Williams: GOAL

57 mins: Murphy beats full back, skips inside, commits centre-half inside penalty area. Penalty awarded.

58 mins: Baxter converts penalty: GOAL

85 mins: Swindon press for equaliser, Scougall wins possession on edge of own penalty area, feeds Murphy who breaks down left; squares to Holt - scuffed shot into far corner: GOAL

Blades win 3-1................................

And then mi mother wakes me up!

Hi Long Time Reader, but first ever post (post BU).
Due to work commitments, I'm going to miss tonight- But have my Sky Go at the ready.

Lets be positive and sing loud & proud. COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZZZAAARRRDSS!
I really want another trip down the smoke...

Back
Top Bottom