Blades song lyrics to an anthem?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
Can anybody finish my song to the infamous Bohemian Rhapsody.

Is this the real life,
Is this just fantasy,
With Sharp and Sammon,
Top of division three.

With Woolford out wide n Jamal Campbell Ryce you see!

We're Sheff United, The world's greatest football team,
And we're.....................???

It was so clear when I bought it in '76.
By '78 we'd smacked a Ginger tosser who played for Leicester and to this day I cannot complete the lyrics. It may have something to do with the completion of the South Stand and our failure to recover since.

I see a big silhouetto of a man
Higdon,higdon,he's as big as a tractor

I don't wanna stop
but I sometimes wish I'd never been t'lane at all
but I carry on carry on.
Nothing Really matters,
everyone gets sold
nothing really matters to us!

oo look , Sammon has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye Murphy youve got to go
Gotta leave and go to Brighton , now ches here
Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want league one
I sometimes wish ched had never been born at

To nick back paddy whack

This boy che
He can play
He can leave defenders on the floor
With a quick flick, back of the net
We gave the lad a home
The blades will come triumphant home.;)

All we hear is, Sheffield's excited ...... Sheffield's delighted..... Sheffield United _
All we need is Sheffield United ......Sheffield United..........Sheffield United.
Shoreham boys are true, and we - all - still - love - you,
All we hear is, Sheffield United ....Sheffield United......Sheffield United.. all we hear is Sheffield United......Sheffield United .....Sheffield United

Reminds me of Porktalk and their attempts to come up with an anthem like ours. They don't get you can't manufacture one on a messagboard but are so desperate to have a recognisable anthem that everybody associates with them they constantly come up with ludicrous ditties, they hate the fact they have no individual identity like us and have to make do with Hi Ho Silver Lining like about 30 other clubs.

No song ever works by composing it on a message-board, something they don't get. It a spontaneous thing which will just take off. The best songs are dreamt up during a boozy session before the match and tried out during it. They catch on or they don't.

That's not to say I don't like your effort, I do, but it'll never catch on unfortunately because no-one will read it on here and then join in at the match.

Reminds me of Porktalk and their attempts to come up with an anthem like ours. They don't get you can't manufacture one on a messagboard but are so desperate to have a recognisable anthem that everybody associates with them they constantly come up with ludicrous ditties, they hate the fact they have no individual identity like us and have to make do with Hi Ho Silver Lining like about 30 other clubs.

No song ever works by composing it on a message-board, something they don't get. It a spontaneous thing which will just take off. The best songs are dreamt up during a boozy session before the match and tried out during it. They catch on or they don't.

That's not to say I don't like your effort, I do, but it'll never catch on unfortunately because no-one will read it on here and then join in at the match.

Be fair, Fatty. We just can't compete...

Oh joy, how I would just love to have some one blowing a trumpet down me ear ole for 90 minutes...:mad:

Fatty's right. The Wendie's are so desperate to be recognised it is truly embarrassing. The Ultra's at Swineshead is as cringeworthy as it gets and that band are a match made in heaven.

I'm so glad we don't have to listen to that incescant banging on the Shoreham.

Back
Top Bottom