Blades' "Khaki Cup Final" 1915...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HighfieldBlade

Reaction score
Out of interest, I saw this article/video on today's BBC website:

One hundred years ago, perhaps the FA Cup's strangest final took place in Manchester. World War One was raging across the Channel as Sheffield United took on Chelsea at Old Trafford in front of a reduced crowd of around 50,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32893241

Out of interest, I saw this article/video on today's BBC website:

One hundred years ago, perhaps the FA Cup's strangest final took place in Manchester. World War One was raging across the Channel as Sheffield United took on Chelsea at Old Trafford in front of a reduced crowd of around 50,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32893241

Thanks for posting that.

Fwiw: For me, interesting in parts but descends into sentimentality, particularly at the end.

Thanks for posting that.

Fwiw: For me, interesting in parts but descends into sentimentality, particularly at the end.

Come on Foulkesy this whole board is full of sentimentality.

Looking back is the only thing we can look forward to.

shall i delete the thread? or get a lawyer? :D
the point being .. ahem SEB that.. one hundred years ago we used to be a top team. i wonder where we'll be a hundred years from now??

Nah, think you should make it a poll :D

We were on the verge of greatness. But for the outbreak of war we were about to become the dominant team in England. Every indication that league titles and more cup wins were on their way with that team.

You could probably argue the same again at the outbreak of WW2. A team destined to challenge for the top honours denied.

100 years from now I don't think I'll be that bothered.

"It could-a been me"...brought back memories of that first half v Hull!

I'll thank Nigel for that one...

...quite looking forward to the Final today, hopefully it's a competitive game.

If NC had stayed in 100 years time he would have realised we needed 2 CB, a strong midfielder, and a tall goal scoring forward.

Arsenal and someone else. And don't expect it to kick off at 3pm

A frightening thought that if we don't win anything in the next ten years it'll be a century since we last won summat. Tbh I think we'd settle for getting out of league 1 in the next ten years.

Back
Top Bottom