Blades 0 Derby 1 What a waste of a summer.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you know it's posters like you and stupid post's like this that make me go pffft! How can you judge anything on a bloody pre-season friendly, is that our strongest line up? Were some of the players playing their first games? Does everyone give 100% in a friendly? Was it a penalty anyway? Lets get out of this league first and then worry about top Championship sides!

Surely it's a wind up.........anyway it out a smile on my face.
Maybe the reply is a wind up too? Ha

New manager in, old players out, new players in, all geared towards getting into the Championship where, it seems, we would lose our home games.
Pfft. Let's have a clear out and start again.

Thought you would have been more interested in the Rangers game the other night?

Do you know it's posters like you and stupid post's like this that make me go pffft! How can you judge anything on a bloody pre-season friendly, is that our strongest line up? Were some of the players playing their first games? Does everyone give 100% in a friendly? Was it a penalty anyway? Lets get out of this league first and then worry about top Championship sides!

Will try and answer your post sensibly.

Wilder seems to be playing primarily his starting 11 with small adjustments - but it seems quite clear what the basis of his team and style will be.

So, strongest line up? - put Leon up top and yes, probably starting team.

As for a friendly - we should approach the friendly how we are going to approach the season - players knowing each other and playing a style they will be using. If we don't, what is the point of pre-season - might as well just train.

Was it a penalty - yep - can see why the ref gave it - our player moved his body towards the ball - I would have been disappointed not to get it ourselves, but refs are all different - to me an 80/20 penalty

As to getting out of this league - after the 6th year, I would love to - but having seen Burton be great in defence (ie: don't concede, you don't lose) and Wigan take us apart twice (albeit 15 minutes of Blades madness at their place), then I don't think we have much in our locker to get us out of the division in top 2. Playoffs - should do that though.

We look, decidedly average - we'll win, we'll lose and we'll do strange things throughout the season (for the oldies - one week we beat Ipswich 7 nil at home and proceeded to lose 6-1 away to Palace next game)

Think it will be an up and down season - good luck Chris Wilder.

UTB

New manager in, old players out, new players in, all geared towards getting into the Championship where, it seems, we would lose our home games.
Pfft. Let's have a clear out and start again.

Derby are a top of the Championship club. I thought it was a good performance against a very good Derby side.
Think you should take water with it.

Up and down, in and out... all afternoon.
Still get time to post on here and have a KFC dinner at the same time..

Mr. Versatlie

I'd be more impressed if you said they'd got your order right. The one down at the Arena is fucking useless.

Something I never do mate, they drop so many bollocks down there. I mean how fucking hard can it be, especially when all you serve is Chicken.

Back soon.
West Bar.
Arrested.
Norah was firing Chicken Popcorn from her "front garden" area...
Finished me off though just before Blues turned up.

Queens Rd. Cordoned off!

As long as they don't fuck up the gravy...

Got put off the gravy when I saw how they made it on a programme a while ago. To be honest with you, I don't know whether it's my taste buds as I get older, or the standards have dropped that much. But although I do still have a cheeky burger, none of the usual suspects do it for me like they used to. Last Tower Burger I had the Chicken was chewy and the chips aren't as good either.

Got put off the gravy when I saw how they made it on a programme a while ago. To be honest with you, I don't know whether it's my taste buds as I get older, or the standards have dropped that much. But although I do still have a cheeky burger, none of the usual suspects do it for me like they used to. Last Tower Burger I had the Chicken was chewy and the chips aren't as good either.
Not had one for fifteen years. At least. It's disgusting shit.

Every season we start down in bottom half of the table. If we changed our name to AA United we could guarantee starting in first. Arsenal got this right when they dropped the Woolwich a century ago and they've been up in the top flight ever since. New manager, same old mistakes.

Every season we start down in bottom half of the table. If we changed our name to AA United we could guarantee starting in first. Arsenal got this right when they dropped the Woolwich a century ago and they've been up in the top flight ever since. New manager, same old mistakes.
We'd be alright calling ourselves AA united, we can't fix ourselves nevermind some other fucker.

Dont know though, United have driven many Blades to end up using the AA over the years....i myself was teetotal until i met the Blades at the grand old age of 3. That night i asked for whisky in my hot milk to try and forget about the latest United shambles...and ive got steadily worse since.

Will try and answer your post sensibly.

Wilder seems to be playing primarily his starting 11 with small adjustments - but it seems quite clear what the basis of his team and style will be.

So, strongest line up? - put Leon up top and yes, probably starting team.

As for a friendly - we should approach the friendly how we are going to approach the season - players knowing each other and playing a style they will be using. If we don't, what is the point of pre-season - might as well just train.

Was it a penalty - yep - can see why the ref gave it - our player moved his body towards the ball - I would have been disappointed not to get it ourselves, but refs are all different - to me an 80/20 penalty

As to getting out of this league - after the 6th year, I would love to - but having seen Burton be great in defence (ie: don't concede, you don't lose) and Wigan take us apart twice (albeit 15 minutes of Blades madness at their place), then I don't think we have much in our locker to get us out of the division in top 2. Playoffs - should do that though.

We look, decidedly average - we'll win, we'll lose and we'll do strange things throughout the season (for the oldies - one week we beat Ipswich 7 nil at home and proceeded to lose 6-1 away to Palace next game)

Think it will be an up and down season - good luck Chris Wilder.

UTB

It was 5-1 . It`s this kind of lack of attention to detail that costs us dear.

Fulwood, I still play at 39 and pre season friendlies for me are a FITNESS exercise. I tell my lads before the friendly just enjoy yourselves, avoid silly tackles but never sherk one. I only saw a handful of games in each of the last 6 years but we are the, well it has never fit a team better "big time Charlie's" we have continued to sign players from a higher level who just aren't hungry enough. For the first time in my lifetime I am happy we are signing bang average league 1 players, these guys once settled in a starting line up will be hungry and show up to games against the likes of Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and actually bloody battle. They have played at a similar level and we will raise our game in front of our 20,000 fans instead of our crowd raising the other teams hunger, BUT we need to get behind them from the 1st minute not criticise every single defeat in pre season because players will be saving something for Bolton. Can you imagine moving to a potential big club and getting injured before the season! It shouldn't happen but it does, basically have a pint of mild or a bloody gin and tonic and get behind the red and wizards, this is the season, the manager is a good fit and the players suit league 1!

It's because it's all that halal shit now, what's wrong with shooting a fuckin chicken!?
The ones in Chesterfield don't have any signs of halal and sell bacon!
The world's gone mad! I prefer a good old chippy tea to be fair, and I don't need a large overdraft to buy one!

It's because it's all that halal shit now, what's wrong with shooting a fuckin chicken!?
The ones in Chesterfield don't have any signs of halal and sell bacon!
The world's gone mad! I prefer a good old chippy tea to be fair, and I don't need a large overdraft to buy one!

Yeah that's exactly it, what a load of tosh! Eat and feckin drink before you go in, vote with your miney

Back
Top Bottom