Blades 0 Derby 1 - Pre season thoughts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadbat

Reaction score
After saying how much I cannot stand preseason games; I somehow ended up going to the Lane tonight. Lad was banging on about going and wanted new shirt so it was not a cheap night.

As for the game itself, it was odd being back on the Kop. The pitch has been narrowed considerably. It is maybe 5 or 6 yards narrower in width. The playing surface looked immaculate, maybe a bit long and they were watering it constantly but sure will be trimmed down before season proper started

Derby brought a strong side. Carson was in goal. They had Keogh/Shackell at back with Christie/Olsson as full backs. Hughes, Butterfield and Johnson in midfield and Ince, Blackman and Martin were up top. It shows the strength they had though as they had played at Chesterfield the night before so a few did not play such as Darren Bent, Johnny Russell, Hendrick, Bryson, Baird, Weimann, Pearce. All would walk in our side. They really do have a big squad and now have a good manager in Pearson who will fancy his chances of taking them up albeit with some strong sides /clubs down there such as Newcastle and Villa etc.

They also brought a good following over a 1,053 in a 6,153 crowd.

As for United they played a side that seemed to have a formation with Sharp up top, McNulty wide left but often switching with Done as they both came back just behind Sharp trying to counteract a 3 in midfield Derby had. Duffy was wide right and then Fleck and Basham in the centre. The new lads at the back saw O'Connell left of Wilson on the right and Hussey and Brayford full backs with Long in goal.

There were subs aplenty with a number coming on towards the end of the game including transfer listed Coutts, Wallace etc (no sign of Woolford - Freeman was on bench but did not come on). Calvert Lewin did not play tonight at all. Clarke was a sub and came on and a real handful, putting himself about. Adams came on and dived for a free kick but did little - it seems from Wilder's words he may be on his way. I feel now Clarke is here, things may move on quicker now and be surprised if he is here by the start of the season. Reed and Scougall came on and we ended up with a tiny midfield.

Match report:

As for the game like many friendlies it was a bit of a nothing game. There were not many chances really. Derby had most of them and controlled large periods and deserved to win. United for me did well in patches but mostly I did not feel we were that convincing. I saw bits and pieces of the pressing game we expect to see but then at times we sat off albeit more skilled players.

They had a few early chances but ball was blocked a couple of times. Sharp and McNulty tried to link up and both had half chances but neither got efforts away. Duffy was looking lively and Fleck put in a few tackles too and had a shot wide. Martin fed Blackman who nearly got past Wilson but there were not many clear chances. Hussey made a good block when Ince seemed well placed and the Blackman blocked his own player's shot. Derby had men over on another attack but played a poor final ball.

However, Derby got ahead when a cross from the right hit a United player. It maybe did catch them on the arm but was struck very hard. It seemed very harsh. The hand was by the side and it seemed like Mr Deadman just wanted to inject some life into the game! Blackman took it and stuttered as he always did at SUFC and sent Long the wrong way. Soon after Ince I think tried to lob Long as they beat the offside trap but the keeper clawed away.

Second half saw United fashion a chance when Hussey crossed and Sharp poked towards McNulty via Derby player's hand (seemed more of a handball than the one in the first half) and McNulty hit it well over. He should have done better. Clarke came on for the Scottish striker and clattered a Derby man straight away! The game petered out a bit with so many changes and a lot of Derby players going to the floor. Some seemed genuine, some seemed a little theatrical. Derby had a long range effort Long pushed away just before full time as the ref decided not to play any stoppage time!

Overall - It was a decent work out against a side that will be near the top of the Championship. Derby seemed physically much bigger all over the side and outside of the defence we look lightweight and still lack pace. Pace and power at the higher level was shown tonight where Derby moved ball quicker and often brushed off United's players. I liked some things from United but sadly still a lot to work on. We did not create much and I felt looked a bit ponderous in possession taking too long to move it on. I felt we had a few players (Done and McNulty) in odd positions and a few of the new lads I need to see more of. I still feel we lack some presence in the midfield and maybe at the back too but liked look of O'Connell. Clarke will give us some physicality up top. I think United will have to improve in a lot of areas but it will take time. I did not see much difference from the side from last year to this year in one game as we lacked the pace, aggression and final ball threat but we did press a bit more and had more mobility at the back. Guess it is a case of wait and see. You cannot glean too much from a friendly really.

No ratings but more thoughts.....

Long - Made one good save, caught one cross, punched one for no reason. His kicking was awful. He kicked 2 or 3 straight out under no pressure.

Brayford - Bombed up and down and looked more like the old Brayford. Really got forward. His crossing though was dreadful. He did not get one over either hitting first man or overplaying.

Hussey - Good left foot. Put some decent crosses in. Defensively not sure, he gave winger too much room. Need to see more of him.

O'Connell - Liked him. Big, strong and committed. Not quickest but he likes a tackle and a decent size.

Wilson - Not as big as above. His distribution was not great. Got turned twice. Not sure. Still think we need another centre back.

Fleck - Combative. Likes to get stuck on and quite mobile. He began game well but faded second half. Had a few long range shots.

Basham - Anonymous sadly. Not sure he is good enough really. His touch and passing was poor. He gets beat for pace and for his size is quite soft really. A player and position we need to upgrade on.

Duffy - Not his best game but he still looked main threat. He tried to take his man on and showed some trickery. Final ball lacking but was busy.

McNulty - Flitted between centre forward, just behind Sharp and left side. Began well but then he blazed over. Tried to link with others. Felt at times he looked a bit languid which is poor when there is competition for places. He is carrying too much weight.

Done - Ran around a lot but not much end product. Ended up wide left and did usual of chasing players down but when on the ball did not really offer much.

Sharp - Busy early on but against two centre backs only had scraps. He linked well a few times but got crowded out.

Subs :

Wallace - Came on and got down left well but also got caught out once defensively.

Clarke - Put himself about. Got cheers (did not hear boos) when he came on. Gave us that physical threat that we need. Loved way he put centre backs on their back side. Three years seems too long but if we did get up I am sure he would move on (again!). He will be an improvement on Sammon I am sure.

Adams - Did not do much but had a few runs with the ball. He dived again and ref did not fall for it. I think he may move on but unsure he will be near a starter even at Championship level.

Scougall - Ran around a lot but again not much end product.

Coutts and Reed - Came on right near the end.

Forgot to say I found a credit card on the floor of the concourse of the Kop as I walked out; not far from the toilets. Went to hand in to Ticket office/club but noone about. Will hand into bank (HSBC) but if anyone mislaid one, PM me please....

After saying how much I cannot stand preseason games; I somehow ended up going to the Lane tonight. Lad was banging on about going and wanted new shirt so it was not a cheap night.

As for the game itself, it was odd being back on the Kop. The pitch has been narrowed considerably. It is maybe 5 or 6 yards narrower in width. The playing surface looked immaculate, maybe a bit long and they were watering it constantly but sure will be trimmed down before season proper started

Derby brought a strong side. Carson was in goal. They had Keogh/Shackell at back with Christie/Olsson as full backs. Hughes, Butterfield and Johnson in midfield and Ince, Blackman and Martin were up top. It shows the strength they had though as they had played at Chesterfield the night before so a few did not play such as Darren Bent, Johnny Russell, Hendrick, Bryson, Baird, Weimann, Pearce. All would walk in our side. They really do have a big squad and now have a good manager in Pearson who will fancy his chances of taking them up albeit with some strong sides /clubs down there such as Newcastle and Villa etc.

As for United they played a side that seemed to have a formation with Sharp up top, McNulty wide left but often switching with Done as they both came back just behind Sharp trying to counteract a 3 in midfield Derby had. Duffy was wide right and then Fleck and Basham in the centre. The new lads at the back saw O'Connell left of Wilson on the right and Hussey and Brayford full backs with Long in goal.

There were subs aplenty with a number coming on towards the end of the game including transfer listed Coutts, Wallace etc (no sign of Woolford - Freeman was on bench but did not come on). Calvert Lewin did not play tonight at all. Clarke was a sub and came on and a real handful, putting himself about. Adams came on and dived for a free kick but did little - it seems from Wilder's words he may be on his way. I feel now Clarke is here, things may move on quicker now and be surprised if he is here by the start of the season. Reed and Scougall came on and we ended up with a tiny midfield.

Match report:

As for the game like many friendlies it was a bit of a nothing game. There were not many chances really. Derby had most of them and controlled large periods and deserved to win. United for me did well in patches but mostly I did not feel we were that convincing. I saw bits and pieces of the pressing game we expect to see but then at times we sat off albeit more skilled players.

They had a few early chances but ball was blocked a couple of times. Sharp and McNulty tried to link up and both had half chances but neither got efforts away. Duffy was looking lively and Fleck put in a few tackles too and had a shot wide. Martin fed Blackman who nearly got past Wilson but there were not many clear chances. Hussey made a good block when Ince seemed well placed and the Blackman blocked his own player's shot. Derby had men over on another attack but played a poor final ball.

However, Derby got ahead when a cross from the right hit a United player. It maybe did catch them on the arm but was struck very hard. It seemed very harsh. The hand was by the side and it seemed like Mr Deadman just wanted to inject some life into the game! Blackman took it and stuttered as he always did at SUFC and sent Long the wrong way. Soon after Ince I think tried to lob Long as they beat the offside trap but the keeper clawed away.

Second half saw United fashion a chance when Hussey crossed and Sharp poked towards McNulty via Derby player's hand (seemed more of a handball than the one in the first half) and McNulty hit it well over. He should have done better. Clarke came on for the Scottish striker and clattered a Derby man straight away! The game petered out a bit with so many changes and a lot of Derby players going to the floor. Some seemed genuine, some seemed a little theatrical. Derby had a long range effort Long pushed away just before full time as the ref decided not to play any stoppage time!

Overall - It was a decent work out against a side that will be near the top of the Championship. Derby seemed physically much bigger all over the side and outside of the defence we look lightweight and still lack pace. Pace and power at the higher level was shown tonight where Derby moved ball quicker and often brushed off United's players. I liked some things from United but sadly still a lot to work on. We did not create much and I felt looked a bit ponderous in possession taking too long to move it on. I felt we had a few players (Done and McNulty) in odd positions and a few of the new lads I need to see more of. I still feel we lack some presence in the midfield and maybe at the back too but liked look of O'Connell. Clarke will give us some physicality up top. I think United will have to improve in a lot of areas but it will take time. I did not see much difference from the side from last year to this year in one game as we lacked the pace, aggression and final ball threat but we did press a bit more and had more mobility at the back. Guess it is a case of wait and see. You cannot glean too much from a friendly really.

Long - Made one good save, caught one cross, punched one for no reason. His kicking was awful. He kicked 2 or 3 straight out under no pressure.

Brayford - Bombed up and down and looked more like the old Brayford. Really got forward. His crossing though was dreadful. He did not get one over either hitting first man or overplaying.

Hussey - Good left foot. Put some decent crosses in. Defensively not sure, he gave winger too much room. Need to see more of him.

O'Connell - Liked him. Big, strong and committed. Not quickest but he likes a tackle and a decent size.

Wilson - Not as big as above. His distribution was not great. Got turned twice. Not sure. Still think we need another centre back.

Fleck - Combative. Likes to get stuck on and quite mobile. He began game well but faded second half. Had a few long range shots.

Basham - Anonymous sadly. Not sure he is good enough really. His touch and passing was poor. He gets beat for pace and for his size is quite soft really. A player and position we need to upgrade on.

Duffy - Not his best game but he still looked main threat. He tried to take his man on and showed some trickery. Final ball lacking but was busy.

McNulty - Flitted between centre forward, just behind Sharp and left side. Began well but then he blazed over. Tried to link with others. Felt at times he looked a bit languid which is poor when there is competition for places. He is carrying too much weight.

Done - Ran around a lot but not much end product. Ended up wide left and did usual of chasing players down but when on the ball did not really offer much.

Sharp - Busy early on but against two centre backs only had scraps. He linked well a few times but got crowded out.

Subs :

Wallace - Came on and got down left well but also got caught out once defensively.

Clarke - Put himself about. Got cheers (did not hear boos) when he came on. Gave us that physical threat that we need. Loved way he put centre backs on their back side. Three years seems too long but if we did get up I am sure he would move on (again!). He will be an improvement on Sammon I am sure.

Adams - Did not do much but had a few runs with the ball. He dived again and ref did not fall for it. I think he may move on but unsure he will be near a starter even at Championship level.

Interesting report. Did you go to the match?

You managed to find a negative with every single player even though we narrowly lost to a strong Derby side to a disputed penalty.

About as accurate as where will our dross end up...........:)

Interesting report. Did you go to the match?

You managed to find a negative with every single player even though we narrowly lost to a strong Derby side to a disputed penalty.

About as accurate as where will our dross end up...........:)

I went to the game. I thought we were very ordinary but it was a flat game. Typical pre season. Derby are a decent side though. I dont think we ever looked like scoring but showed some flashes at times but end product was sadly lacking. We looked better when Clarke came on up top. I think him and Sharp will cause League One defenders real problems.

I was impressed with Fleck, O'Connell as newcomers and Hussey did some good things too. Jury out on all of them thought.

It was one game and a friendly. I am not reading too much into it but still feel we need to make improvements in key areas. We need that dominating central midfield player who can impose and the side still lacks characters for me. I am not sure we are a promotion side on that evidence but as I say it is one game and against superior opposition.

Overall I agree with you, except I thought Wilson had a decent game and looked fast and athletic. But its early days and I did see some good signs. We are still a little lightweight and lack pace in the team though.

Thanks Deadbat.
What to do with the Adams money ?
Experienced goalie who has achieved something over the course of a season be it a promotion or high finish - Long is definitely not ready to be a starting goalie in a promotion side but can be kept as cover.
Physical CM , preferably taller than Fleck - Basham is not a starter in CM in a promotion side , though he could be kept as cover for CB , RB or even CM at a push.
Proper LW , and I don't think Done is his cover - I would rather push K Wallace or even Hussey down the LW if necessary and play K Freeman at LB if our starting LW is unavailable - but please sign a starting LW. Done is a striker , which means we have 5 if Adams leaves , and you need 5 to get promotion.
I get the impression that Reed & Scougall will soon be joining Coutts on the list.
Our CM should come from 1.Fleck 2.New taller physical CM 3.Whiteman 4.Basham 5.Whichever is the survivor of Reed Scougall & Coutts.
At CB we have OConnell , Wilson , the guy from Oxford & Basham , maybe another is needed , but GK , CM & LW are much more important.
I see CW being active in the market right through August.

My opinion but think that's abit harsh on the performance.... I didn't think there was much to choose between the 2 teams at all - long didn't have much to do.

Especially considering they could have feasibly been playing premier league football this year. Players like Johnson, Ince and Blackman you're talking £4-£5m a pop. We grew into the game and had the better of the second half, especially after Clarke came on.

Game of opinions I suppose but I also thought Basham played well - put himself about and won the ball loads I thought.

At the end of the day the result or even the performance doesn't mean anything really, we played well against Newcastle last season and got beat 4 nil at Gillingham first game ! It all depends on next weekend and beyond. Derby have better individual players, and they should do. They are a top 6 championship side. We aint!

At the end of the day the result or even the performance doesn't mean anything really, we played well against Newcastle last season and got beat 4 nil at Gillingham first game ! It all depends on next weekend and beyond. Derby have better individual players, and they should do. They are a top 6 championship side. We aint!
If I had to pick three to go up it would be Newcastle, Derby and Norwich.

Match report:

Subs :

Thought the referee deserved a mention ,about as lazy ,useless and biased as you can get.

Given I've previously watched Porter score a winner against Fenerbahce I'm not putting too much into friendlies.

I left the game with more or less the same thoughts as going in, priorities after the recent additions are: a winger, an upgrade to Basham, and probably another centre back. Part of that depends on if Adams will be capable of playing wide but I'd rather someone who already specialises there and is already proven.

The big thing for me is that Wilder's signings all looked better than what he'd got when he arrived. Fleck is a lot stockier than I remembered him and early on played some very tidy football while putting in a couple of strong challenges. Duffy looks better than any winger we had last campaign, and the defenders were solid if not outstanding vs. a quick and skillful opposition from a higher tier. As Deadbat mentioned, Brayford's crossing was woeful but he looked a lot more productive with a decent player in front of him to allow more overlapping and interplay.

The disappointment is that Done didn't look any better, and McNulty still seems like a poor man's Sharp. Basham was still Basham, and although did nothing in particular wrong he didn't stand out either. And, as the game went on and Wilder brought on a number of subs from the previous squad, we looked progressively worse.

I'm fairly encouraged that we were more direct in our play without it being anything like a return to Blackwell long ball. The same ideas of the last manager but, to put it simply, quicker and without the extra twenty passes between the back four. Clarke will allow us to mix up the play a little more and be a more rounded side. Will also be good to have a target as in the first half we put a lot of crosses in without any of the three strikers looking like they might attack one.

I'd like to see at least one more addition if not a couple before the opening day. For now, I'll just sum it up in saying that each new signing on display tonight looked to fit into the team comfortably and looked like a clear improvement to what went before.

Went to the game my summary thoughts:

GK - as you would expect ... Some good some bad... Needs to work on kicks.

DF - I was pleasently surprised looked solid.

MD - despite some good individual displays thought we lacked cohesion and Basham was poor we will need to replace as well as adding a left winger (Done is not) we also seemed slow to get out wide to cut out crosses.

ST - not fair to comment as the supply to them was so poor. Sharp looked lively throughout. McNulty looked lost, Clarke looked lively when he came on. Also got the impression there was no love loss between Sharp and McNulty.

Style of play - more direct, focusing on getting the ball forward quickly. However, too often this resulted in a long ball that was easily defended by Derby's CB against the likes of Sharp and McNulty. When we did move it well and get it out wide the final ball was always lacking.

Players started off very vocal but this got less and less as the match went on.

Overall : some good signs of early promise but we will get inconsistent results for the first 10 games.

It was a decent performance in the first half, flat in the second as the substitutions disrupted the flow.

Fleck the stand out for me, but there were good performances all over the pitch.

The negative is the lack of clear goal scoring chances, but we wont come up against many sides with Derby`s quality in League One!

Not seen anything mentioned, but where was DCL last night?

Few things on Twitter this morning suggest Everton are close to signing him.
Yes, suprised not to see him last night, 'twas a great opportunity to see him against good opposition but it didn't happen so perhaps a move is on the cards, I think we should try and keep him though, he is young and definitely has talent (think he will be a good player one day soon, maybe the next future England talent to be sold by United) the reason for Everton's interest. Also think it would be best for the lad to stay with us and play proper football than to play for Everton u21s, If we must get rid of one then I would cash in on the raw talent of Che, but then again I would get rid of McNulty and Done.

Thought the referee deserved a mention ,about as lazy ,useless and biased as you can get.

Agree. Not sure he gave us a free kick inside first 20 minutes; must have given about 15 to them! Any kind of contact and he blew. Some of their theatrics was embarrassing and they did not need to do that as strong and quick players who could stay on their feet. Adams joined them when he came on with a blatant dive.

If I had to pick three to go up it would be Newcastle, Derby and Norwich.

Don't discount Wolves. Recently taken over by a Chinese billionaire (Jeff Shi) and buying players from Benfica with the input of agent Jorge Mendes who is a partner in the controlling company Fosun.

They're going head-to-head with Liverpool(!) to sign Anderson Talisca from Benfica for.........£21m.

'Game changing investment' indeed.

Derby players knew like the Match they played night before at Chezzy , that no injury time would be played , and were going down for no reason wasting time , as if it was a important match , thats ugly pioggy Pearson for you.

Not seen anything mentioned, but where was DCL last night?

Few things on Twitter this morning suggest Everton are close to signing him.

He got a knock at Grimsby. He looked like he was limping after his goal and got took off at half-time.

Not much to declare any firm opinion on last night. Never is in psf's. Clarke looks useful as does Fleck.
Brayford's delivery was questionable all evening but he never was a great deliverer anyway so no surprises there.
As ever, I'll make my mind up about the next phase of Sufc around November time.

Don't discount Wolves. Recently taken over by a Chinese billionaire (Jeff Shi) and buying players from Benfica with the input of agent Jorge Mendes who is a partner in the controlling company Fosun.

They're going head-to-head with Liverpool(!) to sign Anderson Talisca from Benfica for.........£21m.

Which one beats the tuna S6 shit or bust lot in the playoff final .:eek:

UTB

Not sure the pigs will make the playoffs.

If Wolves are going to be up there with Derby, Norwich, Newcastle and Villa, then that's only one space. I'd expect QPR and possibly Fulham to do better this season, Brighton will probably do well again and there's always some team you don't expect to mount a challenge.
I think last season may have been their best chance to go up.

Not sure the pigs will make the playoffs.

If Wolves are going to be up there with Derby, Norwich, Newcastle and Villa, then that's only one space. I'd expect QPR and possibly Fulham to do better this season, Brighton will probably do well again and there's always some team you don't expect to mount a challenge.
I think last season may have been their best chance to go up.

I'd agree. The pigs probably had 'one of those seasons' last year but don't have the financial muscle to compete. Not sure about Villa or Newcastle. Unlike Norwich, the Championship may come as a shock to the system for them and they'll take time to adapt. Fulham will sink when McCormack goes. Brighton could suffer a hangover - an auto place was there for the taking but - like Derby - they bottled it. Talking of which, all last season I was dreading the pigs making a game-changing purchase - a Rhodes, McCormack or even Joey Barton. The kind of player that can take you over the line.

You're right about an unexpected team coming through the pack - there usually is. And there will be at our level too.

Didn't go last night as there was no boycott picket line for me to cross, but I heard we desperately lacked width? how was Duffy played exactly? If Wilder tries crappy no-width tactics in the league games I won't be impressed. I saw enough crap performances from Woys Wingless Wankers this Summer to last a lifetime.

Makes you fucking laugh your head off at our Game Changing investment promise.

We must have got the only skint millionaire ever.

Didn't go last night as there was no boycott picket line for me to cross, but I heard we desperately lacked width? how was Duffy played exactly? If Wilder tries crappy no-width tactics in the league games I won't be impressed. I saw enough crap performances from Woys Wingless Wankers this Summer to last a lifetime.
Plenty of width..... from the full backs, really doesn't matter who provides width as long as it's there.
Duffy popped up here there and everywhere, very enthusiastic footballer IMO.
The days of some bloke stuck out wide for 90 mins are long gone.
Even at this level, players are expected to be multifunctional, lots of interchange last night between the 3 midfielders and the 3 up top.

and the Blackman blocked his own player's shot.

RACIST

In all seriousness, similar to how I saw it though I would add Done made a couple of lovely back-heel turns to beat his man (one saw him wiped out). Unfortunately, when he tried a couple of shots from distance they were scuffed/dragged wide. I don’t agree that McNulty looked languid. I thought he put more of a shift in and his attitude looked better as he won the ball a few times high up the pitch and made a couple of sliding tackles chasing back. Should probably have done better with our best (only?) chance of the game though. Still not convinced he’s suited to that number 10 role.

I like the early signs from Fleck, Duffy and O Connell though I can see why Fleck has picked up so many bookings over the last few years. Couldn’t really judge Clarke as the game had become so bitty with all the subs. Hussey was OK without being brilliant. Similar playing style to Bob Harris but he’s bigger though perhaps not as aggressive in the tackle. Blackman did cause him problems but he won’t be up against that sort of quality every week.

It was nice to see Kieran Wallace return. I really hope this lad can force his way off the transfer list as I think he has potential. He has a good build for a footballer and whilst unorthodox, is quite effective. He has a way of bundling past his man without ever looking entirely in control and he put 2 crosses in that Clarke almost got on the end of. If we don’t manage to bring a left winger in (though I hope we do), I would probably play him in front of Hussey for now. If not, he’s a good back up left back who is young enough to improve. Gives us a bit of height and athleticism.

Thanks Deadbat.
What to do with the Adams money ?
Experienced goalie who has achieved something over the course of a season be it a promotion or high finish - Long is definitely not ready to be a starting goalie in a promotion side but can be kept as cover.
Physical CM , preferably taller than Fleck - Basham is not a starter in CM in a promotion side , though he could be kept as cover for CB , RB or even CM at a push.
Proper LW , and I don't think Done is his cover - I would rather push K Wallace or even Hussey down the LW if necessary and play K Freeman at LB if our starting LW is unavailable - but please sign a starting LW. Done is a striker , which means we have 5 if Adams leaves , and you need 5 to get promotion.
I get the impression that Reed & Scougall will soon be joining Coutts on the list.
Our CM should come from 1.Fleck 2.New taller physical CM 3.Whiteman 4.Basham 5.Whichever is the survivor of Reed Scougall & Coutts.
At CB we have OConnell , Wilson , the guy from Oxford & Basham , maybe another is needed , but GK , CM & LW are much more important.
I see CW being active in the market right through August.

1. LW- We simply don’t have one. Done is average there. Better as an auxiliary striker.

2. CB- Wilson doesn’t convince me on paper and I saw nothing from him last night to change that.

3. CM- I think Basham is OK but an area where we could improve if for example Morsy came in.

4. GK- I think Long is OK but would welcome some competition for him, possibly an old head who could help bring on all the young keepers we have.

Back
Top Bottom