Blackpool fans views on Steve Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll be teh first...

It's true he's not Charlton Heston, but at least he's interesting...

Not all negative but a few comments sound a bit 'Higdon mark 2'. Although I wouldn't have thought we should read too much into attitudes of players in a team that is obviously in big trouble. We would've probably been even more negative about most of the team from our relegation season.

I was (am!) hoping he might improve our chances at set pieces!

Thing is, if we play to the strengths of a Higdon style player and don't leave them isolated the it can be very effective.
Look at the effect that Higdon and Che Adams had vs Spurs, which gave Che a whole load of freedom to move.
Problem is when you leave a Higdon style player on their own against 2-3 central defenders - defensive cover - then you will get the ball bouncing back as soon as it lands. Lone strikers who aren't Drogba in their prime are not that effective without decent support close up to them.

Not all negative but a few comments sound a bit 'Higdon mark 2'. Although I wouldn't have thought we should read too much into attitudes of players in a team that is obviously in big trouble. We would've probably been even more negative about most of the team from our relegation season.

I was (am!) hoping he might improve our chances at set pieces!

To be honest Lardy, much as I enjoy reading stuff like this (cheers Roy), I take absolutely no notice of it. I'm more than happy to see him in the stripes and make my own mind up so it's all a bit of fun for me.

So another unfit player who may score a goal once in a full moon for us.

Hope I am wrong and that he does well.

Managing the Blades on Champ Manager 99 Davies was always a bright prospect that proved to be a good buy who went on to be the next Deano.

Leys hope his later years prove to be as fruitful?

It is a bit worrying that we will end up with half of the old Blackpool side. :eek:

HH

Not sure a 1 in 4-5 striker is what we need right now

That's not a bad ration playing in the shittest team ever to play football.

Must confess I don't know enough about Blackpool to comment. Going to anyway. Just because they are the shittest team to done boots, can't mean that all their players are the shittest, just enough of them. I hope and trust that Steve will be great and relish being back in a stable club.

Incidentally did the subject of the Blackpool chairman, specifically his rape conviction, ever crop up in any of the Ched threads?

(Before my time.)

It was Owen Oyston who did time for rape, it's the son Karl who is currently 'in charge'.

My best mate is a Blackpool fan who had been a season ticket holder for 36 years until this year when he finally joined many by making personal stand against Oyston by not renewing. We're at the Lane this afty and it'll be weird for him seeing half a team of Blackpool players playing for us.

It was Owen Oyston who did time for rape, it's the son Karl who is currently 'in charge'.

My best mate is a Blackpool fan who had been a season ticket holder for 36 years until this year when he finally joined many by making personal stand against Oyston by not renewing. We're at the Lane this afty and it'll be weird for him seeing half a team of Blackpool players playing for us.

Yes. Thanks. Owen Oyston is the majority owner. Did his name ever crop up in any Evans threads? I don't wish to resurrect those here, but I never saw his name mentioned in the media despite the obvious parallels.

That's not a bad ration playing in the shittest team ever to play football.

He's got more yellow cards (6) than goals (5) this season. If he's playing with better players, at a lower level, his scoring rate should improve?

Not sure that it's relevant, but in the games where he's scored, they only lost one of the five, which given their dismal record of having lost 21 out of 35 games, is decent.

Back
Top Bottom