Blackman,s penalty last night

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

hoylandblade

Reaction score
Under new rules coming in for premier league this season goal would have been disallowed & the penalty taker would have received a yellow card.
Quote from sky sports:-
''Among several minor changes to the laws regarding penalties, potentially the most interesting is the amendment to yellow card a penalty taker who "illegally feints" once his run-up is complete. This means slowing to a stop immediately before shooting is not allowed, with a yellow card and an indirect free-kick to the opposition the result.

The law does stress feinting during a run-up is still permitted.''

Any thoughts

Under new rules coming in for premier league this season goal would have been disallowed & the penalty taker would have received a yellow card.
''Among several minor changes to the laws regarding penalties, potentially the most interesting is the amendment to yellow card a penalty taker who "illegally feints" once his run-up is complete. This means slowing to a stop immediately before shooting is not allowed, with a yellow card and an indirect free-kick to the opposition the result.

Any thoughts
I don't suppose that rule will apply to penalties taken against us :rolleyes:

Blackman's penalty taking is well within the rules, he doesn't stop, he slows down but his motion never actually stops.

well a couple of questions hoyland......

presumably the rules aren't just for the premier league?

and the match was 'pre-season' wasn't it? so is that how the ref will get away with it?

Any thoughts

I think we should sue Derby for breaching the laws of the game.

I forgot to mention in my report as i thought rules has changed too.

I made a comment at the time and thought it was now not allowed but he rules are still a little foggy. It allows you to feight but not at end of run up? That is what Blackman did surely? He does slow down but definitely stops rather than slows down? A few United players confronted him after it but maybe were still complaining over the ridiculous penalty award in the first place

I thought feinting was not allowed before the kick (once run up is complete) which Blackman does. He stops just before kicking at end of his run up and then waits (often for keeper's first move - Long waited as will have played with him and faced as Blackman alluded to in his post match comments but it was too good anyway) and then kicks. I think some refs may make him retake those next season?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ges-ahead-of-the-201617-premier-league-season

The other new rule which was used at Grimsby was:
As seen at Euro 2016, the ball no longer has to go forward at kick-off. The previous law stated the ball had to go into the opposition half at the restart, but it has been changed to allow it to move in any direction, as long as it "clearly moves". This change has paved the way for one-man kick-offs, as seen at Euro 2016.

Any thoughts

I think the final line sums it up really. He slowed down during his run but didnt stop so it would be fine imo.

Remember when we got a £1m for him and some of our fans on here were offering to drive him to any destination because he only scored penalties? Yet those who said we should've been holding out for 4/5 times that amount were laughed at?

Remember when we got a £1m for him and some of our fans on here were offering to drive him to any destination because he only scored penalties? Yet those who said we should've been holding out for 4/5 times that amount were laughed at?

So you think that if we'd held out for £5m they'd have paid it?

A few United players confronted him after it but maybe were still complaining over the ridiculous penalty award in the first place

Under the new rules, shouldn't that have led to a series of bookings?

Good comments at the end of the day its another rule which its down to 1 mans opinion, the ref

I forgot to mention in my report as i thought rules has changed too.

I thought feinting was not allowed before the kick (once run up is complete) which Blackman does. He stops just before kicking at end of his run up and then waits (often for keeper's first move - Long waited as will have played with him and faced as Blackman alluded to in his post match comments but it was too good anyway) and then kicks. I think some refs may make him retake those next season?

I think the rule actually states he would be booked and an indirect free kick awarded (to the defending team) rather than a retake!

I dont get your point - So he scored a penalty, his first goal since joining Derby in January.

My bad, I forgot, we sold him, so he is now compareable to messi or ronaldo.

I dont get your point - So he scored a penalty, his first goal since joining Derby in January.

My bad, I forgot, we sold him, so he is now compareable to messi or ronaldo.
Let's ignore the fact he clearly had more class than any of our squad

Nope, I think they'd have left us alone and we'd be plying our trade in the championship.

We wouldn't want that would we?

You appeared to be claiming that we didn't get enough money for him, not that we should have kept him.

The referee had an absolutely awful game ,he clearly wasn't being assessed as he put so little effort in it was embarrassing. Spent the whole game within 20 yards of the centre spot ,endlessly looking at his feet and giving poor decisions. The penalty just wasn't in with the fitting of the game ,it was a pre season friendly , it was ball to hand ,he shouldn't have given it. He also had authority over his linesmen who never gave a decision all night despite the referees positioning they waited for his direction. Disgusting performance in the context of the game.

You appeared to be claiming that we didn't get enough money for him, not that we should have kept him.
We should've kept him, but failing that we at least shouldn't have grossly undersold him.

Simples

Yes, simple is the word that springs to Bert's mind here as well.

Just shouldn't have sold him. Simple.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/...effield-united-0-1-derby-county-3211858.aspx?

Actually watched it again and I was wrong. He barely even stopped. He kind of paused but it would be hard to penalise him for this kind of tactic. He just did not quite sprint, more stopped and then drew foot back in a slower fashion. Will probably be deemed legal.

As for his play and sale; I said at time it was a really bad decision to flog him. I liked him. He was greedy but got fans off seats and always looked to attack. I liked him right wing cutting in. Seems his best times were at the Lane but went for a fair bit from Reading but did not work for him back end of last season. I looked at Martin, Ince, Blackman, Russell, Bent, Weimann etc in DCFC squad and realise the gap now from top of League One (well middle) to equivalent in Champ is now huge. That is no offence to our strikers. We have a decent pool and as good as it gets at Lg 1 level but above is different league, literally!

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/...effield-united-0-1-derby-county-3211858.aspx?

Actually watched it again and I was wrong. He barely even stopped. He kind of paused but it would be hard to penalise him for this kind of tactic. He just did not quite sprint, more stopped and then drew foot back in a slower fashion. Will probably be deemed legal.

As for his play and sale; I said at time it was a really bad decision to flog him. I liked him. He was greedy but got fans off seats and always looked to attack. I liked him right wing cutting in. Seems his best times were at the Lane but went for a fair bit from Reading but did not work for him back end of last season. I looked at Martin, Ince, Blackman, Russell, Bent, Weimann etc in DCFC squad and realise the gap now from top of League One (well middle) to equivalent in Champ is now huge. That is no offence to our strikers. We have a decent pool and as good as it gets at Lg 1 level but above is different league, literally!
It is Deadbat. I've been saying this for a while. The top of the championship is like the PL because of the parachute payments. That's why it's not as unpredictable as it used to be. The gap between the championship and the PL is smaller than the gap between the top five or six in the championship and the clubs below.

If we went up the best we could hope for is to squeeze into the playoffs like the pigs did and hope that if we got to the final the opponents bottled it, because chances are they'd be like Hull were, full of PL players.

I suspect L1 to be insane this year, totally unpredictable. Anyone could go up or down.

Maybe Blackman carries a small bottle of smelling salts just for these occasions, so he doesn't fall foul of the law

Any thoughts
That's a really confusing rule, because it says "means slowing to stop immediately before shooting is not allowed" however then says "The law does stress finessing during a run up is still permitted" how is a referee meant to be able to tell the difference? In fact what is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom