Bizarre Interviews

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
The 'no new players' one

The 'fans need to win the game for the manager' one

Very odd and every time he's asked something he clearly doesn't want to say he looks incredibly furtive and shifty.

Looks like no transfers then, since the team is good enough without any........o_O:rolleyes::eek:

He doesn't say no new signings though. And clearly the fans' backing of a team lacking confidence will be a big issue.

The dissecting of 2 minute interviews and off the cuff comments continues to baffle me, much more the actual interviews themselves.

UTB

• Banned
More likely to trust the Daily Mail for impartial reporting than you Robbie lad! ;)

You knows it.

He does say:

"We might need to strengthen this week" which is a bit different to his last interview where they're working hard to get people in.

"If they don't come in....The group here is good enough to win." slow bicycle race?

Hardly inspiring is it?

Let's see what happens this week.

Probably doesn't want to give anything away, with regards to scuppering any deals in the bunfight of the last week of a transfer period.

Well that's what i'm telling myself anyway :confused:

• Banned
He does not look like a happy bunny, does he? His whole body language is wrong.
I'd love to see him with a smile after we stuff Oxford.

"How confident are you of getting new players in?"

says it all!

"How confident are you of getting new players in?"

says it all!

I remember hearing the audio of that interview on the BBC website. Seeing the video of it now makes it all the more painful.
C'mon Blades, get a win on satdi, give him and the rest of us summat to smile about!

We'd just lost to a last minute goal and are bottom of the league. There's not a lot to be read injury him not looking tip top. :)

UTB

This was posted yesterday, so a different interview.

You knows it.

He does say:

"We might need to strengthen this week" which is a bit different to his last interview where they're working hard to get people in.

"If they don't come in....The group here is good enough to win." slow bicycle race?

Hardly inspiring is it?

He's hardly going to say "If we don't get any in the ones we have are fucking useless and couldn't beat an egg" is he?

People's obsession with interviews continue to baffle me.

Wilder will have never been under as much pressure in his life as he is right now. You can tell by his interviews and body language he has been deeply affected by the start to the season and by the performances of some of the players he has only recently signed. The fact he's a true Blade isn't helping him and he's already falling into the same downward spiral Micky Adams did and if it continues he will go the same way. I never rated Alan Knill as a manager but as Wilder's senior number 2 he has a massive role to play and I don't think he's doing it. He needs to take some of the pressure away and in effect manage his manager, coach him through and help him get this project going. And if Knill isn't doing it then someone needs to ring Harry or Neil to come on board to give Wilder the all the assistance and support he needs.

He's hardly going to say "If we don't get any in the ones we have are fucking useless and couldn't beat an egg" is he?

It's the body language which worries me. More so than what he says (which is also troubling). He has to instil confidence in the players. He's not instilling confidence in me.

What's the most baffling?

The club actually releasing these interviews.

They're not doing him any favours.

Looks and sounds like he's struggling with the pressure.
Admittedly it's directly after the 1-2, but what's he going to be like IF
we don't beat Oxford United?

Very hard to watch.

Wilder will have never been under as much pressure in his life as he is right now. You can tell by his interviews and body language he has been deeply affected by the start to the season and by the performances of some of the players he has only recently signed. The fact he's a true Blade isn't helping him and he's already falling into the same downward spiral Micky Adams did and if it continues he will go the same way. I never rated Alan Knill as a manager but as Wilder's senior number 2 he has a massive role to play and I don't think he's doing it. He needs to take some of the pressure away and in effect manage his manager, coach him through and help him get this project going. And if Knill isn't doing it then someone needs to ring Harry or Neil to come on board to give Wilder the all the assistance and support he needs.

Good point regarding Knill . Never good as no1 manager , but good as a number 2 . He has to earn his money starting now .

Hopefully Knill will already be supporting Wilder . If not players signed and Knill will be a concern . Wilder will already be taking daily advice from Harry , and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we don't spot Harry in the directors box on Saturday .

UTB

So those stands behind him aren't at Milwall?

Fucking hell I can't believe people make things out of the drivel that comes out of the managers gobs.

The fans forums, interviews pre and post match etc.

They are managers drawing a wage paid for by Mcabe they will say whatever he fucking well tells them.

What's the most baffling?

The club actually releasing these interviews.

They're not doing him any favours.

Looks and sounds like he's struggling with the pressure.
Admittedly it's directly after the 1-2, but what's he going to be like IF
we don't beat Oxford United?

Very hard to watch.

Baffles me . What good , positives , do they serve . Absolutely jack shit . PR disaster or political reason for a fall guy scape goat . Nothing is done without a ultearer motive .

It appears to me he knows he is not in full control of proceedings and his , clubs destiny . If so who is pulling his strings . Ain't McCabe.

Billy , what next

UTB

Appleton will have his players watching this right up until 1455 on Saturday.

"Go for the jugular, don't give them time to settle, get into them from the kick off,
if after twenty minutes it's 0-0. We go all out to get the lead and when that happens,
we'll sit back and listen to their supporters... One by one, their heads will drop and we'll
pick them off.... second half and we'll sit deeper but still play with the width.. they'll be trying
too hard to grab a point, it's then that we'll go 4-3-3 and play their defence man for man."

That's what I'd say if I was managing a team playing SUFC....

It's fucking insanity isn't it?

When I see them all I seem is a man struggling for composure with a microphone stuck under his chin at a bad time, trying to fill minutes.

Then they get dissected, and people get their knickers in a twist over literally fuck all.

It happened all year under Adkins, and it was just as pointless, even though fan angst was then about him being too polished and cliched. Now we've got the opposite, with exactly the same over analysis of utter fluff.

UTB

Appleton will have his players watching this right up until 1455 on Saturday.

"Go for the jugular, don't give them time to settle, get into them from the kick off,
if after twenty minutes it's 0-0. We go all out to get the lead and when that happens,
we'll sit back and listen to their supporters... One by one, there heads will drop and we'll
pick them off.... second half and we'll sit deeper but still play with the width.. they'll be trying
too hard to grab a point, it's then that we'll go 4-3-3 and play their defence man for man."

That's what I'd say if I was managing a team playing SUFC....

Not to mention if any of em can run they will beat us for pace

Back
Top Bottom