Big big sheff utd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

finlaytheblade

Reaction score
Our fans are at it again we dont tonk little old Rochdale and the doom mongers are at it again. Keith Hill has put a usefull
squad together on a very small budget this is a common factor in the two lower divisions good coaches and Hill is one !.
He and others like him get these players well organised and very fit and they come to big clubs like united with nothing
to lose and play above themseves (like we do when we play teams from a higher division ) i would wager that was there
best performance of the season and that includes the big victories at crewe and crawley and we beat them fluke goal
yes but we won.
We are lacking goals at the moment but give cloughi space to finish his team building he will get what he is
looking for but will not be held to ransome, just because we have got money in from the cup run and sale of harry.The backing from the prince is still there but is not going to thrown away on inflated transfers,Kevin McCabe has found that
out to the cost of the club and himself .
We have become hard to beat again and i think the goals will start to come we do need another striker and
cloughi said we need a couple of quality players to push us on , Nigel has got some of his dads tenacity and his focused
on what he is doing.
I will say it again (said the same in previouse threads) give him a bit of time and space he will get us there
some blades have short memories just think of what was acheaved last season on top of a terrible first half to the season.
Teams will come here and continue to make life difficult for us cloughi knows this and if we have to continue
to tough it out to win games so be it, get behind the lads getting frustrated and showing it just plays into the oppositions hands and makes it even harder.
We all want success dont we? show a bit more patience it wil pay off
COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS

Our fans are at it again we dont tonk little old Rochdale and the doom mongers are at it again. Keith Hill has put a usefull
squad together on a very small budget this is a common factor in the two lower divisions good coaches and Hill is one !.
He and others like him get these players well organised and very fit and they come to big clubs like united with nothing
to lose and play above themseves (like we do when we play teams from a higher division ) i would wager that was there
best performance of the season and that includes the big victories at crewe and crawley and we beat them fluke goal
yes but we won.
We are lacking goals at the moment but give cloughi space to finish his team building he will get what he is
looking for but will not be held to ransome, just because we have got money in from the cup run and sale of harry.The backing from the prince is still there but is not going to thrown away on inflated transfers,Kevin McCabe has found that
out to the cost of the club and himself .
We have become hard to beat again and i think the goals will start to come we do need another striker and
cloughi said we need a couple of quality players to push us on , Nigel has got some of his dads tenacity and his focused
on what he is doing.
I will say it again (said the same in previouse threads) give him a bit of time and space he will get us there
some blades have short memories just think of what was acheaved last season on top of a terrible first half to the season.
Teams will come here and continue to make life difficult for us cloughi knows this and if we have to continue
to tough it out to win games so be it, get behind the lads getting frustrated and showing it just plays into the oppositions hands and makes it even harder.
We all want success dont we? show a bit more patience it wil pay off
COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS

I think I like the sentiments in this post, but I ran out of stamina halfway through.

I was impressed with Rochdale. For a club with next to no money, Hill has gathered some promising athletic players, got them really well organised, confident, and playing to game plan. They'll be fine this year.

As for the Big Sheff Utd theory, if I find myself wallowing in the "how have we fallen" feelings then I have to stop myself. It's wholly negative, unconstructive, and disrespectful to opponents who are entitled to play well.

If you need to wallow, do it away from the game itself.

Thinking back to this time last year and the disaster that was Weir helps. Just panned by Rotherham, in the middle of a 6 game losing streak, on our way to 5 points from 10 games.

We're now unbeaten in 4 with 10 points and 2 goals conceded in those 4 games.

It wasn't great yesterday but the side fights to the end come what may. I like that.

Great post Finlay, and the other messages bang on the money

And Crawley 2 weeks ago? This 'they raise themselves when they play United' is a fallacy. They were simply fitter and better organised than us yesterday.

The Clough way is to play like this.........THOU SHALT NOT CONCEDE.

For all the Blades reading, it isn't going to be pretty, it never was and Clough keeps telling us of how he plays.

I seem to think that generally some on here are already fed up with Clough and are writing/speaking as Derby fans did after four years.

Personally we had better get used to 1 nil, 2 nil and may never see a flowing 5 nil victory - it isn't Cloughs style.

As long as we get out of this fucking shit division............

UTB

did arsenal under george graham win the league with a lot of boring 1-0 wins ?, personally i dont care, as long as we get out of this division

100% Exact.

When we get out of this division, it is then a different ball game to get out of the Championship, but we HAVE to get out of this division first.

When out of this division we have MORE chance for signing and KEEPING players such as Coady and Brayford. For all the close season speculation and hope, we could not sign either of them permanently because of where we are.

Cloughs Simple logic, don't concede, score a goal, don't concede and try and secure the game by getting a second............leading to getting out of this FUCKING CRAP DIVISION.

Start complaining about free flowing football, or lack of it, when we are OUT of this effing division.

UTB

100% Exact.

When we get out of this division, it is then a different ball game to get out of the Championship, but we HAVE to get out of this division first.

When out of this division we have MORE chance for signing and KEEPING players such as Coady and Brayford. For all the close season speculation and hope, we could not sign either of them permanently because of where we are.

Cloughs Simple logic, don't concede, score a goal, don't concede and try and secure the game by getting a second............leading to getting out of this FUCKING CRAP DIVISION.

Start complaining about free flowing football, or lack of it, when we are OUT of this effing division.

UTB

I agree but I really don't think Clough is aiming for this approach out of anything other than expediency. Those deadline day bids will have included targets designed to bring more firepower.

It's very frustrating to see us still short of a first choice striker, but I've not written Higdon or McNulty off yet. Hopefully the loan market will be fruitful and I think we'll be more creative when Wallace and Scougall are fit again.

I agree but I really don't think Clough is aiming for this approach out of anything other than expediency. Those deadline day bids will have included targets designed to bring more firepower.

It's very frustrating to see us still short of a first choice striker, but I've not written Higdon or McNulty off yet. Hopefully the loan market will be fruitful and I think we'll be more creative when Wallace and Scougall are fit again.

Still don't understand why we resigned Porter. We don't have time to wait for Higdon to 'get fit' we should have signed someone else.

Clough snr always used to stress the importance of clean sheets and I think that's something Nigel's inherited. Stop the opposition scoring, wait for your chance then sit on the lead until the final whistle.

Personally, I'm absolutely fine with that. We may not be a swashbuckling side always on the offensive but we don't actually play bad football, it's not hoof and most importantly it works.

I know some people are getting sick of the 'in Clough we trust' stuff but for me Wembley, the Charlton quarter final and the West Ham game were three of my best moments as a United fan, for that alone he's got my backing even if we spend all year grinding out workman like 1-0 wins off the back of deflections.

Still don't understand why we resigned Porter. We don't have time to wait for Higdon to 'get fit' we should have signed someone else.

We signed Porter because at the time we had not signed Higdon or Mcnulty - with no guarantee anyone would come in, so lets just call him a backstop.

I think you will see Porter defo out on loan once the window opens.

UTB

Probably because he was cheap and had great record off the bench last year. If I were a manger I'd want two back-to-goal strikers and two with pace who can run the other way. Using that pattern Porter would be a fifth choice who you could loan out and bring back when you're short.

As Fulwood Blade suggests, it was a case of a bird in the hand… (no Ched references please)

Actually some Blades have very long memories.
That is the problem.
There is nothing new under the sun.
Unless events say so.

And Crawley 2 weeks ago? This 'they raise themselves when they play United' is a fallacy. They were simply fitter and better organised than us yesterday.

I'm not so sure, I swear whenever I watch the football league show there are some comically bad moments of defending in league one, errors which teams never make when they play us :) Probably just the red n white tinted specs though! Yesterday we did score a jammy one.

did arsenal under george graham win the league with a lot of boring 1-0 wins ?, personally i dont care, as long as we get out of this division

Managers and coaches will always prefer a 1-0 to a 5-3 ,it means all the work and organisation they put in for a clean sheet worked.

1-0 's are great when you score or win but what about when you dont ?
Didnt think about that did ya eh?

1-0 's are great when you score or win but what about when you dont ?
Didnt think about that did ya eh?
Winning 1-0 wold kind of imply that we scored one and the opponent scored none. I know you're not too au fait with this football malarkey. I hope this helps. ;)

Winning 1-0 wold kind of imply that we scored one and the opponent scored none. I know you're not too au fait with this football malarkey. I hope this helps. ;)
Thanks for explaining that and not thinking i was joking

Back
Top Bottom