Bid going in for Brayford?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I didn't listen to cloughies after match interview but a mate has just txt me saying that a bid is going in?
I really don't want to be throwing names about already- especially when I personally think we need to get a settled 11, but I just wondered if anyone heard what he said?

I didn't listen to cloughies after match interview but a mate has just txt me saying that a bid is going in?
I really don't want to be throwing names about already- especially when I personally think we need to get a settled 11, but I just wondered if anyone heard what he said?

Cardiff City are willing to listen to offers above £1,5m for Brayford . Mr Clough appears to have him high on the radar . Would the board have the bottle to sanction the deal or would we all be let down. ( including Mr Clough).

UTB

He said we're already making enquiries about players and he does not like to talk about individuals but confirmed he had asked Slade about him. Slade said something about him being one of the best he had but Clough confirmed he would still try for him and may even bid.

He said we're already making enquiries about players and he does not like to talk about individuals but confirmed he had asked Slade about him. Slade said something about him being one of the best he had but Clough confirmed he would still try for him and may even bid.

Slide confirmed a number would be leaving and coming in, in January but I can not see us spending big on him we just don't splash the cash.

Game changing players = Game changing investment

UTB

Would be better spending £2-3 million on a forward as I don't think not Brayford is the catalyst we need.
That said I'd rather that than nothing, a statement that this investment does actually exist would be nice, just a top forward would be preferable.
Don't think midfield is somewhere that needs strengthening, Wallace should be ready to play more regularly from Jan. Reed isn't getting as many games as I'd like and will just push him further down the pecking order.

This is the most accurate of what Cloughie said post match today.

We need to have players that have the ability of unlocking these tight defences at BDTBL. Baxter's pass today and for example Louis Reed's superb pass to Murphy a month or so ago (v. Gilliingham?) are not happening often enough.

Our ability to get to the bye line (Murphy, Campbell Rice, Flynn, Adams) is not as effective as last season. I am sure that McNulty and Ogrady will benefit from an improvement in these areas.

The 35 goal Ched Evans season - so much came from Matty Lowton getting to the bye line.

Particularly pleased today that MCeverley and Basham were kept together. I thought some of their long range passing (particularly in the 1st half) was excellent. This was a part of Harry's game we didn't fully appreciate.

We need to have players that have the ability of unlocking these tight defences at BDTBL. Baxter's pass today and for example Louis Reed's superb pass to Murphy a month or so ago (v. Gilliingham?) are not happening often enough.

Our ability to get to the bye line (Murphy, Campbell Rice, Flynn, Adams) is not as effective as last season. I am sure that McNulty and Ogrady will benefit from an improvement in these areas.

The 35 goal Ched Evans season - so much came from Matty Lowton getting to the bye line.

Particularly pleased today that MCeverley and Basham were kept together. I thought some of their long range passing (particularly in the 1st half) was excellent. This was a part of Harry's game we didn't fully appreciate.
Couldn't agree more!!
As for needing the beard? Of course we do. It would be great for the fans and people's morale too, but like others have said- there's areas 1-1.5m would strengthen a lot more!

He wouldn't cost £1.5 million....

Has he been playing this season?

They bought him for 1.5m but then he never stepped up in the prem, played for us in league one, his contract is winding down while they aren't sure if they like him = he's worth nowhere near 1.5m.

Plus if he is, we ain't signing him. I like him. But we are not signing a 1.5m right back. Maybe in 2007/8 but not now.

Low ton had a mare againstthe Mancs. Skinned every time and no back up from his mates

Clough said he'd spoken to mr slade, he said the beard had been his best player since he took over, I'd love to see him back but just can't see it

I heard this one too after the game on Tuesday. We shall see.

Can't see him dropping a division when he's playing regularly. Not exactly a positive career move with us struggling to challenge the top two. I think Brayford is fond of United but not to the point where he would abandon a starting spot in a championship side. Presumably a big pay cut as well.

1.5 million look at who the Blades have signed this season.The Blades don't have that kind of cash,no chance.

The Blades could afford the fee , if they can agree the sticking points of length of contract , salary , and funding the transfer fee on a lump sum down payment and instalments.

I remember Mr Clough said that Brayford loves football so much , he would even have a kick around on sunday mornings. The finance is not the problem , it is whether or not the board has the balls to do it.

UTB

The Blades could afford the fee , if they can agree the sticking points of length of contract , salary , and funding the transfer fee on a lump sum down payment and instalments.

I remember Mr Clough said that Brayford loves football so much , he would even have a kick around on sunday mornings. The finance is not the problem , it is whether or not the board has the balls to do it.

UTB
That would be a no then

Hey princey baby its me phippsy, listen were gonna need about 4 m to sign that bearded dude we had last year when we weren't shit ....phippsy..jim phipps .. you remember ....chairman of your football club ...........sheffield united , you bought them for a pound a year ago ........princey ? You there ? Princey ?

Why would a guy playing regular Championship football drop down to a League one club with at best only a 50 / 50 chnace of promotion?

No Chance, forget it.

Why would a guy playing regular Championship football drop down to a League one club with at best only a 50 / 50 chnace of promotion?

No Chance, forget it.
the reasons he may drop down to league one are obviouse! he is just another player at cardiff with no real attatchment to fans or club he is wanted by the blades fans and would walk to bramall lane from cardiff to play for his mentor cloughy! i think they
are very strong reasons.

the reasons he may drop down to league one are obviouse! he is just another player at cardiff with no real attatchment to fans or club he is wanted by the blades fans and would walk to bramall lane from cardiff to play for his mentor cloughy! i think they
are very strong reasons.
IMG_208775670367298.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom