Best United goal at BDTBL ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bobby Orkiss

Reaction score
Toss up for me , Tony Fields effort or T.C.'s winner against West Ham after Brown had thrown one over his shoulder into his own net ?

In the bracket of 'for emotion and jubilation' I'd also say Jags goal in last minute v Middlesbrough for first win in Premier League.

I'm too young to have seen Currie and Woody unfortunately but seen some of their goals and would have to agree with Currie's goal v West Ham. From games I've attended a few spring to mind :-

Steve Wigley v Blackburn circa 1986 (I think someone else smashed one in the top corner from about 25 yards in that game but can't remember who)
Alan Young v Oxford circa 1983
Andy Kennedy v Blackburn? circa 1987 (ran for about 60 yards before smashing it high in net)
Glyn Hodges v Manchester Utd FA Cup 1993

Probably a few more too.

Toss up for me , Tony Fields effort or T.C.'s winner against West Ham after Brown had thrown one over his shoulder into his own net ?

Would have to be TC's winner for me as I was behind the goal at the time, there was war on the kop between certain groups of fans, the weather was hot and I was young. Still vivid for me. Tony Field's goal,looks better on tv but I wasn't at the game, not sure why. Wasn't it during the three day working week during industrial action or is my memory playing tricks ?

Try Dellas v Portsmouth - top corner, kop end, miles out!
I remember a discussion on here about why no one could find any footage of this and it appears we didn't do an end of season DVD that year (1998ish?)
Would love to see that goal again.

Try Dellas v Portsmouth - top corner, kop end, miles out!
I remember a discussion on here about why no one could find any footage of this and it appears we didn't do an end of season DVD that year (1998ish?)
Would love to see that goal again.
The club didnt have Season Review videos for the 1998/99 and 1999/2000 seasons

For pure uncontrollable emotion tony agana at Leicester with the never ending ooooohhhs,when Leicester decided to hire their stadium to masses of blades.
That day for obvious reasons one of the greatest in clubs history

For me Bobby Howitt's penalty at the Kop end when I was so young to be stood on the railings next to the goal whirling my scarf and he ran right towards me in celebration. Mid- 1950's.

For pure uncontrollable emotion tony agana at Leicester with the never ending ooooohhhs,when Leicester decided to hire their stadium to masses of blades.
That day for obvious reasons one of the greatest in clubs history
I do apologise to op i just realised it was goals at the lane but ive chose an away goal:tumbleweed:

Not for quality, but for sheer emotion and jubilation - Peschisolido against Forest.

Not for quality!!!? Pesch collected a long punt from Kenny and touched it eight times before scoring. Simply the best goal I've ever seen. I was present for TC's 'Quality Goal' etc. and thought at the time - and since - that he scuffed his shot and that fooled Day.

I'll throw another one in. CKR v Bolton.
Torn between these two though.
Jags - weeds
Brown - wendy
If it wasn't for that goal against wendy though people would be considering Brown v Ipswich afew days later. It was almost the same.

Either of Fjortofts v Portsmouth early on in 97/98.

Back
Top Bottom