Best Template for Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
There's been a significant number of these threads I know. But, what would be the best available template for Adkins to improve upon? Leaving out the positions that you feel need strengthening.

I have left RM because despite Adams showing promise, he hasn't necessarily earned himself a first team position. Howard could improve next season but for me I would be looking to improve there also.

I would go for the following;

____
Freeman, ____, ____, Harris
____, Basham, ____, Murphy
____, Done

Murphy, Done, and Basham have been our most consistent of players as most know. Full back positions are not of greatest priority but Brayford would take the place of Harris in the squad for me, then switch with Freeman when he arrives back.

This would be an ideal scenario upon which we look to build, but I'd be quite content for RM and GK not to be strengthened if Adkins deems it not essential.

If you disagree with anything, please edit to your tastes and re-post, would be interesting to see what you make of it.

Interesting that Adkins has said just today that Ryan Flynn is still feeling the hangover of his injury from last season. So we defo did not see the best of him last term.

Which suggests to me that a fit and healthy Ryan Flynn should be our first choice RM.

I suspect you will know who I want to partner Done :).

Totally concur with your thinking on the full backs, once beard is back.

CM is interesting. We have Coutts and Wallace. Is this enough ????? Probably needs some reinforcement and would be really nice to see a proven, high profile signing for this position. It is the engine room after all.

The lad from Swindon would do nicely. Played number 8 in play offs.

Which just leaves a new goalie and two new CBs. Again, would be nice to see proven, high profile players to come in and command these spots in the squad.

Squad players looking to press on in to starting line up would be Che Adams, Scoogs, McNulty & Baxter(?)

Squad players mainly left out or on the bench would be Higdon, Allcock, McGahey and anyone else I have forgotten !!

Easy on paper Innit !!!!!!

UTB

The best template for Adkins is to actually make the players we have better than last season.

If he does not then this will not be out last in L1.

If Ryan Flynn is to become our first choice RM, then we might as well just give up now. Nothing against a 100% professional player, but we must look beyond average.

Adkins needs possibly 3 or 4 key signings, but mainly an increase in team performances from virtually the entire squad.

We MUST up our game against some of the dross that always lives in the bottom 2 divisions. We have some very very average players that must improve. If we do actually have "quality" in our squad, which I actually doubt, then they have to produce it very quickly starting in August.

UTB

I hope it's really not that hard. Strengthen the areas of weakness. Cb, cm and striker

The rumour of roger Johnson is the ilk we need at the back, strong leader and what we need.

Otherwise we have a pretty good squad and under a positive manager we are more than good enough.

I hope it's really not that hard. Strengthen the areas of weakness. Cb, cm and striker

The rumour of roger Johnson is the ilk we need at the back, strong leader and what we need.

Otherwise we have a pretty good squad and under a positive manager we are more than good enough.

yes we do need key players, but the likes of Crewe and Fleetwood and not suddenly going to roll over and let us win this season, as they didn't last. Adkins has to instil the concept that "we are better", but you have to prove it out on the new desso pitch.

Some of our players are sadly overrated, and if that statement is wrong, then it's time for the players to prove it.

UTB

If it's not Mikey S off Twatter I'm not interested!

yes we do need key players, but the likes of Crewe and Fleetwood and not suddenly going to roll over and let us win this season, as they didn't last. Adkins has to instil the concept that "we are better",
UTB

that was part of the problem in those games I reckon - despite the cup runs our players looked nervous and lacked confidence in those games that they were expected to win.

that was part of the problem in those games I reckon - despite the cup runs our players looked nervous and lacked confidence in those games that they were expected to win.

looking nervous against such seemingly poor sides is a sign that the players weren't actually good enough - we may still have the same problem this season :(

UTB

The best template for Adkins would be to not go after former Blades.

l we may still have the same problem this season :(

we may, or it may be a sign that the management team weren't doing a good job of motivating, preparing and man managing them. Wonder what it was like behind the scenes, with all the rumoured fallings out, the effects of singling out individual players for criticism etc etc. Could tell summat was wrong in that first game against Bristol. I'd like to think Adkins and his team can do better than that, and judging by his end results, compared to Clough's I think they will.

Back
Top Bottom