Best Moment of the Season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me it was the worse. I think I would have preferred it if the game had finished 0-1. At 2-1 I thought we were going do it, it was just meant to be. Then my heart broke....again.

For me it was the worse. I think I would have preferred it if the game had finished 0-1. At 2-1 I thought we were going do it, it was just meant to be. Then my heart broke....again.

I think entertainment, excitement and hope, even if followed by disappointment, is better than indifference.

It's the Blades Way. Go in to the match with measured optimism, quickly have hopes dashed, battle with no end result for an hour or so, have hopes raised again, then again, then for it all to come crashing down once and for all.

Our roller-coaster always ends with the kid next to us throwing up in our faces instead of the glorious woop woop as we finish the ride with ear to ear grins.

It's the Blades Way. Go in to the match with measured optimism, quickly have hopes dashed, battle with no end result for an hour or so, have hopes raised again, then again, then for it all to come crashing down once and for all.

Our roller-coaster always ends with the kid next to us throwing up in our faces instead of the glorious woop woop as we finish the ride with ear to ear grins.
Funny thing though, it's happened a fair bit over the last 20 odd years (understatement...) so we're kind of used to it. Their second last night should have been the kick in the nads moment, but I didn't feel it so bad, similar to Hull last year too, possibly in both those cases because we'd given premiership teams a proper game.

I think the Huddersfield penalties which was for me the last 'proper gutwrencher', has tipped me over the edge and I'm more numb to them now. However, I expect the Footballing Gods are looking on with interest and cooking something up really special for later this season now they can see we just shrug off last minute semi final defeats...

I think entertainment, excitement and hope, even if followed by disappointment, is better than indifference.
Indifference is the lot of the Wednesday supporter. For us its the roller coaster of hope, excitement, and dashed hopes. A much better way of life.

Indeed it is Bergs.

Better to have loved and lost etc. (even if it's only big Ryan).

'To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.' R L Stevenson. Or...

'Tis better to neither travel hopefully or go any fucking where near arriving.' Sheffield Wednesday.

We wouldn't have it any other way would we!! So proud to be a Blade especially on night's like last night COYRAWW

We wouldn't have it any other way would we!! So proud to be a Blade especially on night's like last night COYRAWW

Here what your saying and I too have used the phrase before that "we wouldn't have it any other way..." But truth be told & I think I'll speak on behalf of us all when I say I'm sick of being the Bridesmaid & I would 'have it any other way', surely just surely there has got to be a time sooner rather than later when it is 'our time' & we will be the Bride

Keep the faith as always

UTB

Here what your saying and I too have used the phrase before that "we wouldn't have it any other way..." But truth be told & I think I'll speak on behalf of us all when I say I'm sick of being the Bridesmaid & I would 'have it any other way', surely just surely there has got to be a time sooner rather than later when it is 'our time' & we will be the Bride

Keep the faith as always

UTB
"Bladesmaid"
New term in the OED : "A football fan whose club hasn't won anything in the individual fan's living memory"

Keep the faith as always

UTB

We could elope to the spl and get in Europe every year.

The thing about Wednesday night is that we were never the team going through. So for all the delirium after Adams' second goal, we still had to score again to avoid elimination. So the disappointment of losing before ET was tempered slightly. It wasn't like, say, winning at HT in the FA Cup Semi-Final last year.

Anyway, the best moment so far was beating West Ham.

We may be Bridesmaids, but at least we get invited to the Weddings , unlike the fuck faced fuckers axel smeets

When walker was chasing him, I was thinking go on Kyle stick your leg out and give us a pen for the third, you know you want to.

Back
Top Bottom