Parkinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
With sky bet
Some info must of leaked or somebody must know what's happening?

Let's see. Given the speed things are happening then obviously it must have been set up. Very strange choice if it is and it was.

Don't bet and know next to nothing about it. How much would have to be staked to bring the odds in like that? Just wondering if people are following the money rather than being in the know.

Somebody somewhere must know something for the odds to change that much that quick
i've never seen anything like it
I will be very angry if they appoint him
He is not our man IMO

Can't believe this. He is worse than clough ffs

I'm not sure about that, he's got a League One and League Two promotion on his CV.

If you judge a manager on promotions alone, you'll struggle to find any worse than Clough.

But gotta say I hope we'll get someone better than Parkinson.

Won't cost us much, lives locally, ticks all the right boxes for the cheap option.

I'd rather see Keith Hill or Redfearn in charge

Clough deserved to lose his job for screwing up the season as he did.

Did he really screw up the season so badly? We were a whisker away from a double Wembley season - League Cup Final and Play Off Final. Just the odd goal in both semis saw us go out, the odd goal in 13 v Swindon. It's a fine line between success and failure.

Sam allardyce shot up aswell with mark warburton, they are the 3 favourites, must be something going on

Talk of cheap options misses the point surely? Don't we want the right man for the job, rather than someone who comes in a bargain bag?

I'll bite my tongue until whoever's appointed has their feet under the desk and offers an idea of what they can offer. I know Clough's sacking pleased some on here, but I think that joy they feel hasn't been balanced by the thought of who might take NC's place. All the talk of managerial stability upon NC's appointment is now meaningless, unless of course there was a profound schism at the boardroom meeting.

It also crossed my mind, with McCabe's admitted poor record at appointing managers, and with the Prince overseeing his interest in the club from afar, do we have our own version of a Mike Ashley situation at work? Ashley, although massively successful in sports retail, considered that the same skills he's perfected in retail could be applied to the running of a football club. How wrong and ego-driven was that assumption. Could the Prince and his minions be a poorer version of Newcastle's owner?

Back
Top Bottom