Baxter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

chesblade

Reaction score
Anyone know what's happening with him, their seems to be a few rumours going round. BM saying a bust up at half time at Shrewsbury match with him and collo. VIP blades saying same and that they all went to Ireland after match Saturday and he got into some trouble there but then some one said had top of his foot stitched and that's why he didn't play Saturday. Anyone know the truth. Should hate to lose him in January as been our better player but indications are he maybe on his way out because of this

Suffered an ankle injury v Shrewsbury, when he made one of his `tackles` :oops:

Apparently he had a go at the whole team at half time against Shrewsbury, one of the other players reacted, Adkins had to step in and it escalated further, and it also kicked off on the team bus setting off to Barnsley which resulted in him not travelling.

If this is indeed true I am 100% on Baxter's side. Unlike the rest he's got balls, and is not a loser. If he cares enough to put his neck on the line and question the rest of them like that, coupled with his apparent better application this season and improved consistency, then he's the last one who should be frozen out, I don't care how much he might have hurt the feelings of some of the little boys in our squad. He's one of very few who we should retain so there's no way we should get rid to keep players happy who have no future here.

Last edited:
I know he was injured, and even if he did any of the stuff that is rumoured, I am sure he would have started had he been fit to.

Anyone know what's happening with him, their seems to be a few rumours going round. BM saying a bust up at half time at Shrewsbury match with him and collo. VIP blades saying same and that they all went to Ireland after match Saturday and he got into some trouble there but then some one said had top of his foot stitched and that's why he didn't play Saturday. Anyone know the truth. Should hate to lose him in January as been our better player but indications are he maybe on his way out because of this

The went over to Ireland after Saturday, really? After Sammon scored against Shrews, Baxter looked in pain so I presume he's injured.

Apparently he had a go at the whole team at half time against Shrewsbury, one of the other players reacted, Adkins had to step in and it escalated further, and it also kicked off on the team bus setting off to Barnsley which resulted in him not travelling.

If this is indeed true I am 100% on Baxter's side. Unlike the rest he's got balls, and is not a loser. If he cares enough to put his neck on the line and question the rest of them like that, coupled with his apparent better application this season and improved consistency, then he's the last one who should be frozen out, I don't care how much he might have hurt the feelings of some of the little boys in our squad. He's one of very few who we should retain so there's no way we should get rid to keep players happy who have no future here.

A lot of people judge Baxter on the last few seasons performances but he's been a totally different player this year. I'd accept people criticising his work rate and effort last season but this season he works much harder. He is also far more interested then he gets credit it for, it's clear to see he really cares, a lot more then the rest of the squad. Admittedly it is a little misguided with some of the challenges he puts in but at least he shows some passion and a will to win and get things going.

If true then it's pathetic to freeze him out. If I was part of a team underperforming as badly as this one is, I'd respond well to criticism from probably the best member of the team.

Yeh he had a go at the rest of the team for not covering the right hand side of the pitch where he was and couldn't be arsed to try and stop two goals coming from. Good when we have the ball, liability when we don't. He's a player who is a luxury and the only position he can/should play is a false ten where he can swan around and pick a defence open, other than that he shouldn't be in the team.

That drug incident over the summer may well have been the awakening that Jose has needed. I hope he realizes what a fantastic opportunity he has with us and is frustrated by other players who don't seem to share that concept.

Admittedly it's all rumours but if it's true then Baxter seems to be the last player Adkins should be dropping.

Yeh he had a go at the rest of the team for not covering the right hand side of the pitch where he was and couldn't be arsed to try and stop two goals coming from. Good when we have the ball, liability when we don't. He's a player who is a luxury and the only position he can/should play is a false ten where he can swan around and pick a defence open, other than that he shouldn't be in the team.

Indeed - to play Baxter he has to be relieved of any defensive duties. Shrewsbury targeted that area - Baxter at RM and Freeman who is good going forward, but lacks defensive stability. No surprise, the beard is back at RB after just 1 U21 game.

Adkins has tried Baxter all over the place - except up front or in the hole. We may not see him there either due to Adkins summer signings.

It's a shame, but it seems some of our Clough players have to go as Adkins changes the style of play.

This is unfortunately what you get by changing managers...........and SOME want us to change again - madness. We must allow Adkins to change it - and yes, accepted, there might be more pain.

UTB

It's going to be interesting to see what happens here because if Adkins does a Clough/Butler with him it will be a very bad decision and be another indication that he isn't up to the job - certainly if he lets him leave permanently.

Hopefully it's nothing that can't be resolved by reminding the sensitive little boys of their professional responsibilities and pointing out Baxter was actually right, assuming what he said was all performance related and not overly personal. Somebody needs to show some backbone down there. The one player who shows signs of that should be supported by the manager.

If I was manager I'd give him the fucking armband.

I'd be gutted to see Baxter leave. You just know he will be the kind of player who will move on from us and have a great career.

Hopefully it's nothing that can't be resolved by reminding the sensitive little boys of their professional responsibilities and pointing out Baxter was actually right, assuming what he said was all performance related and not overly personal. Somebody needs to show some backbone down there. The one player who shows signs of that should be supported by the manager. If I was manager I'd give him the fucking armband.
I'll say up front that I'm not a Collins fan and I consider some of his bollockings to be out of order but he does show backbone and remind the others of their responsibilities and gets pilloried for it by everyone on here.

Indeed - to play Baxter he has to be relieved of any defensive duties. Shrewsbury targeted that area - Baxter at RM and Freeman who is good going forward, but lacks defensive stability. No surprise, the beard is back at RB after just 1 U21 game.

Adkins has tried Baxter all over the place - except up front or in the hole. We may not see him there either due to Adkins summer signings.

It's a shame, but it seems some of our Clough players have to go as Adkins changes the style of play.

This is unfortunately what you get by changing managers...........and SOME want us to change again - madness. We must allow Adkins to change it - and yes, accepted, there might be more pain.

UTB

Bit of a pedantic point, but Baxter is not really a 'Clough' player, he was signed under Weir. He was someone who Clough considered it worthwhile using quite radical tactics for though (the striker-less system that got us to the semi-final in which Baxter scored).

In an ideal world we'd make managerial decisions that didn't result in tactics going out the window. We had 2 periods of squad building under 2 managers (Weir and Clough) who were committed to playing one striker. Now we have a manager who likes to play 2 up front, and its not a surprise our midfield is just not balanced for it.

There is a reason clubs go for the director of football approach, and its a reaction to the reality that managerial tenures are very short on average, but there is still the need for continuity.

I'll say up front that I'm not a Collins fan and I consider some of his bollockings to be out of order but he does show backbone and remind the others of their responsibilities and gets pilloried for it by everyone on here.

I think with Collins, it's more a tendency of him blaming others for his own mistakes - of which there are plenty. I don't see any backbone to that.

Baxter - he might have been partly to blame for 1 or 2 of the goals we conceded against Shrewsbury but that was all. Let's face it, there was a catalogue of poor play and defending that lead to all the goals so to say it was "Baxter's fault" is a bit unfair. What I do know is that he did some tremendous work to set up our first goal for Sammon - how many of our other star players did that?

Baxter is the only player at the minute showing any real talent, described by Adkins as the most talented player we have, if he's going anywhere it's to generate revenue, I think it's more likely the story is around a bid coming in for him...

Bust ups and punch ups and lads getting the kite on when being subbed is just football, happens on a Sunday morning, happens in the premier league, one thing is for sure, I'd really be pissed off if he was to leave, he's pretty much on everybody's keep list..

He's the only player worth a shirt at the moment so if something has gone on then ship every other fucker out and build a new team around Jose Baxter

He was definitely at Barnsley on Saturday. He was on the pitch before the warm up chatting to Flynn, Sammon and Darren Ward.

He was definitely at Barnsley on Saturday. He was on the pitch before the warm up chatting to Flynn, Sammon and Darren Ward.

Don't trust Blades Mad for info.

The post by Bulmer on there actually said he'd heard Baxter hadn't travelled but that hadn't been confirmed, although he was specific about the bust up. He doesn't post bs.

Last edited:
Adkins is the 3rd manager at Utd struggling to find a place in the team for him. Maybe he could slot in where JCR was on Saturday ,but he has to work ,the problem is getting that out of him. We were much more fluid and pacier without him as we always are ,he may be good on the ball but he slows us down and loses our momentum time after time. Don't believe this bust up shite and if there was one (which there should have been) ,he got injured trying to make a tackle and that will be why he isn't playing.

351v680.png

Howdy, Herb! Why did you pick Ricky as a username? Fancy a clean slate, did you?

Just need Curtis, len and SBT over here and the BladesMad invasion of S2 is almost complete.

Who would you prefer in your team, Baxter or Collins?

Mike Stephenson on twitter hinting that it's more than just the fall out in the dressing room it's something that happened after and will most likely cost him his sufc career.

There are hints on twitter that there is a bit more (then just having a go at our p1ss poor defenders) as to why Baxter was on gardening leave - but who knows.

However, on the football side, we need him - 7 goals and 7 assists is better then any other midfielder we have. I've no problem with him having a go at some of the other players - who arent good enough - most of us have the same go on the messageboards or twitter.

As ive said on other threads, I just dont buy blaming Baxter for our bad defending - its not what he is good at - its like putting Long up front and have a right go at him for not scoring.

Back
Top Bottom