Basham's suspension

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Is his third game of suspension the midweek match against Walsall next week or the League match against Port Vale on October 15th?

It'll be Port Vale won't it now the Walsall league game's been postponed. Which is just great, but why wouldn't it be the case - we'd need him far more against Vale than Walsall.

It'll be Port Vale won't it now the Walsall league game's been postponed. Which is just great, but why wouldn't it be the case - we'd need him far more against Vale than Walsall.
We play Walsall in the Mickey Mouse Cup next week.

EEL got sent off in the same competition but wasn't banned for League matches.

Wondered if Basham's 3rd game of suspension will take effect next Tuesday?

He'll be available fot Port Vale wont he - missed Bristol Rovers, misses Fleetwood and then misses the Walsall game.

I'd assume he'll be available for the cup game. If suspensions in that competition don't carry through to league games I wouldn't think a league suspension would carry through to those cup games. In which case the Walsall league game would've been his last one to miss, and it would've been a good one to miss.

I think the suspension doesn't count for the Cup, because the league were sick of players picking up their 5th booking of the season in the 95th minute of the league match before.

I thought the rules for suspensions resulting from red cards received in league games was that they applied to all competitive first team fixtures.

I think it interesting that a thread exists expressing concern over Basham`s unavailability.
It marks a change from how his value to the team has been perceived for quite some time.

I think it interesting that a thread exists expressing concern over Basham`s unavailability.
It marks a change from how his value to the team has been perceived for quite some time.

He's still shit, just less shit than Scougall.

He will miss the Vale game now. FLT games are classed separately now, I assume cos the Premier League Accademy sides are in there they are not technically classed as first team fixtures.

Once again the football gods shit on us from a great height.

Sad I know, but I emailed the EFL for them to clarify, the response;

Hello Mr Magic

Thank you for your query.

The Checkatrade Trophy is a standalone cup competition that contains its own disciplinary system. Therefore League suspensions cannot be served via Checkatrade fixtures.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Supporter Services Department

EFL

Back
Top Bottom