Basham to CB - Brayford to CM?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
I understand this is fairly unconventional, but given that Brayford is by far the better footballer of the two, and definitely more comfortable on the ball, would it be worth putting Basham into centre-back and Brayford into central midfield? CM and CB are both big issues for us, but I can imagine Basham being an improvement on Collins at CB and Brayford being an improvement on Basham at CM. I'm not holding my breath here expecting people to agree, but at least consider if for a minute or two :)

I understand this is fairly unconventional, but given that Brayford is by far the better footballer of the two, and definitely more comfortable on the ball, would it be worth putting Basham into centre-back and Brayford into central midfield? CM and CB are both big issues for us, but I can imagine Basham being an improvement on Collins at CB and Brayford being an improvement on Basham at CM. I'm not holding my breath here expecting people to agree, but at least consider if for a minute or two :)

There's a very recent thread on this.

Apparently Brayford in midfield has been tried and it didn't work.

Yeah, erm.. Keep him at right back. He might be our best player, that doesn't mean he will still be that in a different position.

And anyway, his ball control etc doesn't exactly look CM ready. He looks very awkward on the ball unless he is sprinting with it, which is quite rare at CM.

We have paid nearly £2m for a top end Championship level right back....

...I vote we play him at right back.

So drop Freeman who has been one of our better players and not address either CM or CB? In the circumstances that would be the worst thing we could do.

Brayford shouldn't dislodge Freeman. In their respective times at RB Freeman has been better.

No keep Basham in CM, the playoffs v Swindon showed we miss that bite in centre midfield when he had to come off

No = I Don't think so, Brayford is a full back

Back
Top Bottom