Baki wants an alliance with fener...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've been down this road before. Sao Paulo, Ferencvaros, Estudiantes, White Star, North Coast Mariners....I can think of 2 minor positives. Matt Lowton benefited from his spell at Ferencvaros, and Elian Parrino had about 2 good games on loan from Estudiantes.
These things are seldom mutually beneficial. If it's limited to arranging friendlies fine, but not worth wasting too much time on if you ask me.

We've been down this road before. Sao Paulo, Ferencvaros, Estudiantes, White Star, North Coast Mariners....I can think of 2 minor positives. Matt Lowton benefited from his spell at Ferencvaros, and Elian Parrino had about 2 good games on loan from Estudiantes.
These things are seldom mutually beneficial. If it's limited to arranging friendlies fine, but not worth wasting too much time on if you ask me.
Understand what your saying,but these are a champions league side so surely it would be a bit different and better imo,they had some class in their ranks last night,plus our fans can cream all over theirs at every sight of them instead of watching the match.

After last nights result, I assume that means we'll be loaning them our youth to get experience?

Just out of interest I did a quick Google on Parrino (I remember being impressed when he played in the pre-season game against us) and he seems to have been without a club since he left us, so the link up didn't do him any good!

Understand what your saying,but these are a champions league side so surely it would be a bit different and better imo,they had some class in their ranks last night,plus our fans can cream all over theirs at every sight of them instead of watching the match.

Exactly a team ready to take off us any talented players and we get all the shit back.

Just out of interest I did a quick Google on Parrino (I remember being impressed when he played in the pre-season game against us) and he seems to have been without a club since he left us, so the link up didn't do him any good!

Yeah just read that myself.

I thought he was alright enough and fully expected him to land a deal with another a club. Maybe a League 2 or Scottish club I would have expected him to end up at. He did struggle with an injury for a bit so that might be a reason he has not found a new club.

All these things do is sell a few shirts. Waste of time and effort. We'd be better off getting our scouts to actually find some fooking players. Whatever happened to all these eastern europeans coming over here to take all our jobs? Shirley one of em can kick a round thing into a big netty thing?

Yeah just read that myself.

I thought he was alright enough and fully expected him to land a deal with another a club. Maybe a League 2 or Scottish club I would have expected him to end up at. He did struggle with an injury for a bit so that might be a reason he has not found a new club.

I also looked recently.

He is playing in the Argentine 3rd division apparently.
It took abit of digging to find out like!

Also another forign signing from our last season in the Championship 'Calve' is playing in ligue 1 atm.

He actually played for Atletico Cordoba in Argentina this year, they are a fairly average team in Argentina, he was released at the end of the season.

Parrino gave 2 of the most polar opposite performances I can recall. He had Ashley Yound in his pocket v Villa in the cup, but then was given the biggest roastning ever by Bradord City's left winger in the JPT! I think that was the last match he ever played for us, he was so bad they took him off after about 30 mins.

True, but then Estudiantes won the Copa Libertadores in 2009, and the league in 2010.
I agree with BladeForSale that we've not really benefited from our previous "relationships". Lowton could have got similar experience being loaned out in England, and I'm sure other players as good as Parrino were available. I remember us having a couple on trial from Ferencvaros and CCM, but no-one who made the grade.
We seem to have 2 or 3 good quality youngsters of our own pushing for the 1st team, so unless we can get an experienced striker from Fener, what's the point?

I also looked recently.

He is playing in the Argentine 3rd division apparently.
It took abit of digging to find out like!

Also another forign signing from our last season in the Championship 'Calve' is playing in ligue 1 atm.

That goal from Calve was pretty sweet.

We could ask him why Fenerbahce's shirts work out at a little under £36 and ours are £45, given that they are both adidas....

I think Baki mentioned before that it would be more a sharing of ideas, tactics & coaching techniques than players. Can't see what harm that would do?

plus if youre in turkey with a Blades shirt on and having some bother you'll have some decent back up.

Back
Top Bottom