AWFUL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Just watched the extended highlights of yesterdays game, and I saw that every goal was because of the players being lazy.
Especially one player, M.Doyle. For the third goal, when the ball goes to the wing, you see is awful attempt to close the player down by jogging towards him, hen when the player fires the ball across it goes straight past him and it was only 1 foot away and there was no attempt to even get the ball if he ran towards or stuck out a leg the third goal would have never happened. You might then say "well it was already 2-0 up" well now I go to my next villains for the first goal.

I think they are Alcock and Collins, THEY BOTH WENT FOR THE SAME PERSON. The first thing you have to do with defenders is structure. If the player is in the center one of the Center Back go towards him and a Wing Back covers. However what you see for the first goal is Collins go towards the ball and then Alcock charge through both players and then leave a gap where the ball is past to and then a player has so much space that he could take five touches, but he only needs 2 and slots it away.

For the next goal Collins is a massive villain. This goal was the second goal, where again its because of laziness. Collins goes towards the ball doesn't even try to jockey and send him down the line, instead he just swings a leg, turns around and pretends like he didn't touch him.

The next goal that was because of awful defending, was when Reed is doing a fine job jockeying the Swindon player in to the corner, yes he does get past him, but it wouldn't have lead to the 5th goal if Davies came towards the player and when the Swindon player got past him he went past Davies as well, if he hadn't of gone towards the player that had already had a player trying to tackle him he would of then been able to try to tackle him or stop the goal.

Didn't go haven't see the highlights yet but did listen to R/S commentary,
Kieth Edwards said Doyle was the only defender that could hold his head up, Collins was taken off but they thought he'd played no worse than the other three..

we had a bad day

not like its not happened before

remember going to leeds with 3 games to go in 90 season , got shat on 4-0 , ooh weve fecked it , seasons over

no it wasnt

Back
Top Bottom