Autos poll - can we and will we?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we realistically make the auto promotion places and will we?

• We realistically can and I think we will

Votes: 30 14.4%
  • We realistically can but I think we won't

Votes: 93 44.7%
  • We cannot realistically make them

Votes: 85 40.9%

• Total voters

Interesting question.

Points wise, making up 10 points in 15 games (1 a game in hand) is more than possible.
There being three teams to pass makes it a lot less so.
Being 7 points clear of the next team means if we do put a run together that troubles 2nd we won't have to worry about ANY team below.

So I will go for it being realistic (just).
That being said I think one of the three won't falter enough and so it's a Realistic but NO from me.

I would love automatic to be a realistic option, and it's still a possibility I suppose, but as the games become fewer and fewer, and as the results go this way and that, our focus will reveal what's possible or probable. It's certainly a mountain to climb, but it's not insurmountable, very little is. None of which clouds my thought that we may have to settle for the play-offs. If that's what we have to settle for then I feel we're better equipped to deal with them than we have been in recent seasons.

In our last 5 games, we have taken 13 points out of a possible 15, which is pretty amazing. Keep that up to the end of the season and we will have 88. In my view 2 of the top 4 will pretty easily better that, Hence it's not realistic.

With 3 teams above us (presuming Brizzle are home and hosed), we need a hell of a lot of results to go our way, and, more importantly, we need to pick up something like 11/12 wins from hereon in which I don't think we will.

Mathematically, yes we can, realistically, probably not.

You know if we were to win all fifteen games we would probably finish top with nearly one hundred points, at least second. I do not know what the statistics say about points totals and promotion.

There is no reason why we could not do this, but realistically it is very unlikely.

I would not be surprised if there was a chance going into the last game. It could be that close.

We are the form team.
We do not have to play any teams higher in the league.
I believe the others have to play one another. (Draws would be good?).

HH

Option 4 - We cannot realistically make them but I think we will :D :D

I think can but won't.

Every point dropped is worth double against us I reckon and one or two defeats - forget it.

We aren't going to win more than 10 or 11 of our games anyway which would get us into the low to mid 80 points and there'll be at least 3 of the top four will exceed that IMO.

It'll be nice to win at Wembley at last!

:D

Auto is still possible but I just can't see all the three teams above us chasing Bristol slipping up, play off's for us but you never know keep winning and see what happens.

Still think its on , not a gimme true but doable , we are due our share of luck , we normally only get the bad type , be nice if things went in our faour for a change . There still a third of a season to go its not like its only 5 games , if we can get it doen to 3 4 points with 5 to go be exciting
.-

True BTL.

I don't think the others would like to feel our hot breath on their necks as we catch-up and overtake like an M5 on the way back to town for last orders.

HH

In our last 5 games, we have taken 13 points out of a possible 15, which is pretty amazing. Keep that up to the end of the season and we will have 88. In my view 2 of the top 4 will pretty easily better that, Hence it's not realistic.

If we keep getting 13 points from every 15 available to us, we will have 91 points not 88.

With 3 teams above us (presuming Brizzle are home and hosed), we need a hell of a lot of results to go our way, and, more importantly, we need to pick up something like 11/12 wins from hereon in which I don't think we will.

Mathematically, yes we can, realistically, probably not.

Assuming that we continue the upturn in our points accumulation, a lot will depend on how many matches the sides above us have to play against each other. We don't have to play any of the current top four again this season. Also, with regard to the sides below us but in the top half of the table we only have to play one of them (Oldham) away from home.

I have gone for can and will.

Long shot I Know.

As Ben Crenshaw said before the battle of Brookline in1999, " I have a good feeling about this .....'

:)

UTB

I think it's too much to expect. We need too many results to go our way.

On the other hand I would be more confident of play-off success this year than any of the previous years.

Then only way we will go up is the autos. Seasons over if we are into the play offs

Then only way we will go up is the autos. Seasons over if we are into the play offs

all things come to an and , our losing in play offs will one day , maybe in May

just because we have lost doesnt mea its our only option

different manager , squad , ethic , but hey ho

I think can but won't.

Every point dropped is worth double against us I reckon and one or two defeats - forget it.

We aren't going to win more than 10 or 11 of our games anyway which would get us into the low to mid 80 points and there'll be at least 3 of the top four will exceed that IMO.

It'll be nice to win at Wembley at last!

:D
can lose 2 and still get 90 points so not over after a defeat

all things come to an and , our losing in play offs will one day , maybe in May

just because we have lost doesnt mea its our only option

different manager , squad , ethic , but hey ho
The play offs just aren't for us. It's not necessarily a bad thing, ok it is. But we just have to accept that we don't do play offs.

Come on then. 15 games left and we could be 7 points off the autos if we win our game in hand. But with 3 teams to overtake, can we do it? And will we?

Not realistic , so a waste of time beating ourselves up about it . Will get promotion by the play offs . We can deal with the 2 leg semi , and final at Wembley from a pressure focus aspect . At least the cup runs will have helped us with this .

Just cannot see us failing imo.

UTB

will we,,,,,, who knows

Borrowed from BM ;)

Hope springs eternal but the gaps were smaller then as against now

"1st March 2011 league table

1 Brighton P31 pts 62
2 Bournemouth P33 pts 58
3 Huddersfield P33 pts 56
4 Peterborough P32 pts 53
5 Southampton P31 pts 52
6 MK Dons P34 pts 52

Southampton went up in 2nd with 92 points !
Wonder if their fans thought they could go up when they were 6 points behind although they did have 2 games in hand but it does show that 92 points could be achievable with a good run !"

Back
Top Bottom