Attendances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
it has to be said, absolutely magnificent, aren't they?

19,000+ for a midweek league one fixture is tremendous.

The overall season average is not far off 19,000 either.

Still quite a few of the bigger supported or local teams to visit us.

What a great boost it must give Wilder if not only is he pushing us near the top, he's also getting the average attendance towards 20,000 and possibly beyond.

You really have to salute the Premier League backing the fans give.

Let's hope we are almost turning them away if the form continues.

It doesn't take much. Just a team with fight, passion and a smattering of quality and desire to wear the famous red and white!

UTB

Imagine if we were consistently fighting for the Championship, we'd have several thousand more.

What a great boost it must give Wilder if not only is he pushing us near the top, he's also getting the average attendance towards 20,000 and possibly beyond.

It doesn't take much. Just a team with fight, passion and a smattering of quality and desire to wear the famous red and white!

UTB

I agree the numbers are magnificent. A little more vocal support would not go amiss though, don't you think? We have far more than our fair share who sit in silence until it's time for a moan.

Imagine if we were consistently fighting for the Championship, we'd have several thousand more.

Pete, I think we'd all hope for increased attendances, but things to consider will be an increase in ticket price. The club will need to be very creative to ensure that it attracts families and singles like myself, a point comes where allegiance to a team is offset by the prohibitive cost of attending a game. But yes, with promotion, then consolidation, and an eventual promotion challenge, we'd see a few thousand added to what seems to be our current 19,000. As we've seen, a stadium with around the mid twenty thousand is a great experience, and we're fortunate to have a ground that still manages to feel like a traditional stadium.

Villa are averaging 32000 in the championship but are 17th turnstiles clicking carry little relevance to the table

we can influence performances with our vocal support , if its positive
but a big crowd turning on a team ,can have a retrograde effect

lets focus on getting another 75 points or so
and turn up to enjoy the points gathering

Pete, I think we'd all hope for increased attendances, but things to consider will be an increase in ticket price. The club will need to be very creative to ensure that it attracts families and singles like myself, a point comes where allegiance to a team is offset by the prohibitive cost of attending a game. But yes, with promotion, then consolidation, and an eventual promotion challenge, we'd see a few thousand added to what seems to be our current 19,000. As we've seen, a stadium with around the mid twenty thousand is a great experience, and we're fortunate to have a ground that still manages to feel like a traditional stadium.
I took my 4 year old grandson to the lane last night for his first ever blades game glad to say he loved it walking down london rd seeing the Lane lit up,the buzz of the crowd ,even joined in with the singing ,but bloody hell £12 :eek: for a 4 year old is taking the P,its not like the old days when you used to squeeze a nipper in with you at the turnstyle whats happened to common sense ffs its £2 to watch rotherham in a league above not that we would ever take him to watch anyone other than the blades,has anyone got a email contact of someone who would even reply if i mailed them great result spoilt by greed UTB

I took my 4 year old grandson to the lane last night for his first ever blades game glad to say he loved it walking down london rd seeing the Lane lit up,the buzz of the crowd ,even joined in with the singing ,but bloody hell £12 :eek: for a 4 year old is taking the P,its not like the old days when you used to squeeze a nipper in with you at the turnstyle whats happened to common sense ffs its £2 to watch rotherham in a league above not that we would ever take him to watch anyone other than the blades,has anyone got a email contact of someone who would even reply if i mailed them great result spoilt by greed UTB

I replied to this post on another thread you began Vegas.

I agree the numbers are magnificent. A little more vocal support would not go amiss though, don't you think? We have far more than our fair share who sit in silence until it's time for a moan.

Agree Pinchy, was just thinking last night how vocal our away support is, I imagine nearly everyone of those is there when we play at home, but sometimes its dead. 'Is this a Library' is becoming a common theme from the away fans until we take the lead. You can't knock the numbers there unbelievable but the level of noise is pretty shite till we score. The PA system doesn't help before the game it wrecks atmosphere if you ask me.

UTB
19000 in our sixth season is fantastic. Some so-called big clubs wouldn't get half that if they were giving them away. Look at Bolton for instance, got off to a good start in their first season down here and nowhere near us.

That lot across the city wouldn't match them either given the same circumstances. Losing out to their biggest rivals and then deteriorating season after season, they'd be down to about 13000, especially for a Tuesday night match.

Every season I expect the gates to start to drop and every season I'm proved wrong. Give us a successful team with the support we have and there's no limit to how far this club can go.

surely one day , some half intelligent investor will realise the potential here
19000 average in league 1
englands 5th biggest city 650k population , we could fill a 50000 seater stadium in the prem as a side as mildly successful as stoke or swansea have been

get too bloody busy in here though

Villa are averaging 32000 in the championship but are 17th turnstiles clicking carry little relevance to the table

we can influence performances with our vocal support , if its positive
but a big crowd turning on a team ,can have a retrograde effect

lets focus on getting another 75 points or so
and turn up to enjoy the points gathering
Villa won't be averaging anything like that if they go through even a small fraction of the utter shit our fans have gone through.

UTB

Where do you sit pinch?

19000 in our sixth season is fantastic. Some so-called big clubs wouldn't get half that if they were giving them away. Look at Bolton for instance, got off to a good start in their first season down here and nowhere near us.

That lot across the city wouldn't match them either given the same circumstances. Losing out to their biggest rivals and then deteriorating season after season, they'd be down to about 13000, especially for a Tuesday night match.

Every season I expect the gates to start to drop and every season I'm proved wrong. Give us a successful team with the support we have and there's no limit to how far this club can go.

Don't forget a certain Kevin McCabe reducing ST prices by 10 % year on year .

He got absolutely slaughtered for it when he did it . Seems to have been effective imo .

Turned out nice again :)

Don't forget a certain Kevin McCabe reducing ST prices by 10 % year on year .

He got absolutely slaughtered for it when he did it . Seems to have been effective imo .

Turned out nice again :)
if I got £20m Tevez money,I'm sure I could be as philanthropic

I was taken on the Kop by my dad in 1964 mate. It's been my home from home for over 50 years now.

My legs don't fit there, but if you tell us where you sit hen we could make it the singing section. I can video you bouncing up and down facing the back orchestrating this top singing you do.. :rolleyes:

That is a great photo which would make a great print for sale in the shop. Shame the match isn't underway though!

I'm told by a very good source that included in our attendance figures are stewards, staff, cameramen... Basically anyone you can muster together.

Nevertheless, we still get fantastic crowds. It was only 15 years or so back that we would get 14-16k in the Championship.

I'm told by a very good source that included in our attendance figures are stewards, staff, cameramen... Basically anyone you can muster together.

Nevertheless, we still get fantastic crowds. It was only 15 years or so back that we would get 14-16k in the Championship.
That is a load of bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom