Are we just unlucky?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
I was just thinking before kick off today we always seem to be playing sides after something's happened to them during the previous week(s). Just for example Bradford our opponents today got an absolute hiding last week at home therefore there was no way they were going to let that happen again, Yeovil in the week just been relegated so pressure off showed again today, Gillingham away a month or so ago new manager came in so the usual happened, Crewe had 2 away spankings before coming to the lane, Peterborough new manager. Things like this have happened very often this season to us, so what else happened today Leyton Orient get a spanking so will be working on defence all week.

Nope, can't blame luck.

In fact I think we have got a bit lucky with some our wins this season and lucky to still be in top 6.

I was just thinking before kick off today we always seem to be playing sides after something's happened to them during the previous week(s). Just for example Bradford our opponents today got an absolute hiding last week at home therefore there was no way they were going to let that happen again, Yeovil in the week just been relegated so pressure off showed again today, Gillingham away a month or so ago new manager came in so the usual happened, Crewe had 2 away spankings before coming to the lane, Peterborough new manager. Things like this have happened very often this season to us, so what else happened today Leyton Orient get a spanking so will be working on defence all week.

IMO generally over the course of a season these things are pretty much the same for all teams; it's very hard to argue that any team is particularly unlucky.

The forthcoming play-offs are another matter (whoever's in them :rolleyes:) bc they take place over a much shorter period of time.

UTB

Hey this is getting exciting in it, I mean are United a poor side or is Nigel just trailing a wing to fool the other teams into thinking we're a poor side ?
Watch this space all will be revealed ........OOOOOOAAAAAAH :rolleyes:

FOr better or worse, what some consider to be a bad season, some ok, some good and some disappointing, the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet and we stand a chance of going up.

I consider ourselves a little lucky and hopefully something will click when we need it

We are good at football we have just lost our way, NC will get us back on track. (with a little luck) we only have to look at the Southampton game we outplayed them, we can play when the occasion suits so bring on the plplayoffs.

Orient play in the week against Rochdale I think.
As for the post above ,just cant help himself can he :(

Above you Bladebri :)

Nope, can't blame luck.

In fact I think we have got a bit lucky with some our wins this season and lucky to still be in top 6.
And we've been unlucky with a lot of our losses and draws especially early season.

And we've been unlucky with a lot of our losses and draws especially early season.

There have not been many games which have been decided going into the last 10 minutes of games. Won a few, lost a few, chucked a few away and scraped a few.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom