Anyone would think only Wednesday fans read The Star.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You sound surprised Roy !!!!

As it's a formal extension of their match day programme I'm surprised at your surprise !

Farrrrrrr from being surprised. I actually laughed at the "easily beating Bramall Lane into second place" line . Like something a child would write

Wash your mouth out.
Its Gods country

Sheffield City Council going way back to the days of The Democratic Republic of South Yorkshire have fucked up with investment and the overall planning infastructure of a once vibrant city .

Central government have also used us for years as a punch bag .

Like us we are a league 1 city . Sad entitlement on SCC and SUFC.

Backing the world student games and SWFC have cost this council millions .

UTB

Farrrrrrr from being surprised. I actually laughed at the "easily beating Bramall Lane into second place" line . Like something a child would write

I'll tell you a bit about my recent experience of the Stadium of Rust. I went to the Benfica game, sat with their fans in that end. I thought I'd transported back to the nineties or something, that must have been the last time that stand had seen a lick of paint, fucking loppy.

Sheffield City Council going way back to the days of The Democratic Republic of South Yorkshire have fucked up with investment and the overall planning infastructure of a once vibrant city .

UTB
Sheffield; build something, get bored, knock it down (while still paying for it). Dig a big hole in the ground, get bored, fill it in. Host a sporting event no-ones ever heard of before or since (still being paid for 25 years later).

Only in the star would they class a stadium
As being a building. 4 separate stands and in the same year as the hillsborough inquest.
Don't read the 'excuse for a news?paper' it's not representative of Sheffield, it grabs any excuse to fill a page - Laughable! Should have been a poll on how many people actually read the rag.

Only in sheffield would the local paper proudly proclaim that a football stadium which is synonomous with a tragic disaster and 96 deaths is the best building in the city.... i know you have to move on but fuk me sideways they really are embarrassing. You would have thought that the pigs would have renamed their stadium after what happened. Something appropriate like the 'den of pigs' or something.

Surprised the star didnt have Marples Hotel in 2nd place. That had about 80 odd people in it who took their last breaths in that building. Mind u i almost laughed when the council let the german motor bike company have the shop on the old marples hotel. Perhaps their should have been a garden of remembrance put there instead but the council were.fkin clueless even back in the 1940s.

600 people in Parson Cross have internet access? Amazing this modern world.

You should see the server they use........

Pigeon-Pen1_zpsa3f92a7d.jpg

Most Blades I know have stopped reading the Stir due to the massive Pig bias, so is it surprising that when the Pig rag has a poll, the swine that read it vote for the Sty?

To the 100 (I assume) Blades that voted for Sheffield's finest stadium, have a word with yourselves. Why on earth would you want to waste your money on tat and support Pork propaganda?

Would have been better if there wasnt a single vote for the Lane. Even them thick coonts might have thought that they were perceived as being a biased set of twats from half the city. Still fuk em. Wont buy that rag ever again.

UTB
Coming from Ecko i can why you see it that way.
Theres plenty going off around the town center building wise, still sound for a night out and plenty going off.
Could never slag off my home town every city has its skeletons

Coming from Ecko i can why you see it that way.
Theres plenty going off around the town center building wise, still sound for a night out and plenty going off.
Could never slag off my home town every city has its skeletons

Compared to the likes of Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester (all within 1hr), sadly Sheffield is a poor relation. Eccy Rd is up and coming but the rest of the city centre needs serious attention when it comes to restaurants and shopping.

Compared to the likes of Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester (all within 1hr), sadly Sheffield is a poor relation. Eccy Rd is up and coming but the rest of the city centre needs serious attention when it comes to restaurants and shopping.
We can easy match Nottingham and Leeds, Manchester has the edge.

We can easy match Nottingham and Leeds, Manchester has the edge.

Maybe Leeds at a push, but the Mrs dragged me to Nottingham the other weekend and I was amazed at the shopping and number of quality restaurants. Sadly not many swanky eateries in Sheffield outside of the 2 or 3 on Eccy Rd... If there are, happy to be proved wrong...

Maybe Leeds at a push, but the Mrs dragged me to Nottingham the other weekend and I was amazed at the shopping and number of quality restaurants. Sadly not many swanky eateries in Sheffield outside of the 2 or 3 on Eccy Rd... If there are, happy to be proved wrong...
What about Leopold Square, St Pauls Parade.
I know Nottingham well its not brilliant trust me.
Flannels is ok for clobber thats it for blokes.

What about Leopold Square, St Pauls Parade.
I know Nottingham well its not brilliant trust me.
Flannels is ok for clobber thats it for blokes.

Chain restaurants aren't much cop pal... We ended up in Marco Pierre Whites in Notts. Was amazed.

Was impressed with the Paul Smith and Ted Baker shops in Notts. Sheff city centre is fooking light years off having them kind of shops.

Isn't Marco Pierre White's a chain too though? I thought what was West Bar nick was one of his places now. But you are right, chains are usually disappointing in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom