Anyone think that result could work against us?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Am talking about chelski v Bradford today, if it's chelski in the final JM will make sure that result doesn't happen again however if chelski had sneaked in we could have been the ones who sprung the surprise result. On the other hand does it just show that these so called top teams simply can not handle the lower league sides?.

I doubt he'd play a weakened team in any final. He did what many managers in the top flight have been doing this year, and play lots of non-regulars. He paid the price.

I'll worry about that after this week.

All it proves is that Chelsea fans will be moaning about Mourinho tonight. Ditto Man. City & Pellegrino. It's football.

Chelsea have got to get past Liverpool first, and we've got to get past Spurs.

The gap is not as big as people think between the leagues as has been proved over the last few seasons. It is the consistency that is the problem for teams from other divisions.

Take a few key players out of a lot of these Premier League teams and they are toothless. A lot of players up there earn vast amounts under false pretences.

Am talking about chelski v Bradford today, if it's chelski in the final JM will make sure that result doesn't happen again however if chelski had sneaked in we could have been the ones who sprung the surprise result. On the other hand does it just show that these so called top teams simply can not handle the lower league sides?.

Thing is I spoke with a guy who was at Southend as a young pro but didn't make it.

He was in the opinion that even the worst 4th division players would be thought of as world class if they had a game with the average pub team.
Chelsea had to face a team of professional football players.

I felt Spurs losing was a worse result for us. It's all or nothing for them in terms of silverware in the League Cup now. Hopefully the pressure gets to them :D

The draw for the 5th round .can we draw a big club now .is it possible .we are the most succesful recent cup side left in the competition.

I felt Spurs losing was a worse result for us. It's all or nothing for them in terms of silverware in the League Cup now. Hopefully the pressure gets to them :D
Noticed that they were expected to win again but could only muster a penno

The draw for the 5th round .can we draw a big club now .is it possible .we are the most succesful recent cup side left in the competition.
But the big names are out. .... Chelsea, Man City, Spurs .... oh and the biggest of them all Wendy.

On one game it's clearly possible for a lower league team to beat a premier league team. Over 38 games the lower league side would be destroyed ( I realise the problem in this argument is that if they played a premier league side 38 times they would indeed also be a premier league side),

Back
Top Bottom