Anyone on BL Lower?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

D

Deleted member 1486

Doubt I'd sit there again TBH, the view's not great, but just wondering if anyone's on there today?

Once sat there for a night match some years back when it was open to home fans and it was the coldest I've ever been at a football match!
So my advice is get wrapped up! ;)

We are, it's only because it's the only stand the kid hasn't sat on yet, and this completes the set..... bit daft I know.. it's a change ....

Same reason we went on there a couple of seasons back. It's alright. I imagine it was rocking for away fans when they were making a lot of noise.

If you're used to sitting in one of the side stands or high up on the Kop and you get there before kick-off, make sure you watch out for stray (practice) shots as they tend to ping all around that stand. Woman in front of us was sat reading a program and caught a belter in the face (I apologise if you were the victim, but I did laugh). The opposition player who'd struck it came up into the stand to apologise and make sure she was okay (can't remember who the team was, let alone player!), to a round of applause.

Same reason we went on there a couple of seasons back. It's alright. I imagine it was rocking for away fans when they were making a lot of noise.

If you're used to sitting in one of the side stands or high up on the Kop and you get there before kick-off, make sure you watch out for stray (practice) shots as they tend to ping all around that stand. Woman in front of us was sat reading a program and caught a belter in the face (I apologise if you were the victim, but I did laugh). The opposition player who'd struck it came up into the stand to apologise and make sure she was okay (can't remember who the team was, let alone player!), to a round of applause.

I've been on there quite a lot over the years, last time was Arsenal in the cup when it went to pens.... they were selling lager in glass bottles on the upper that night, guess how I found that one out...

I've been on there quite a lot over the years, last time was Arsenal in the cup when it went to pens.... they were selling lager in glass bottles on the upper that night, guess how I found that one out...

... you hope :D

Oh it was empty it just hit my sister on the shoulder and smashed on the floor beside her, I thought it must have been smuggled in, but sure enough I was up there a sometime later and there they were carlsberg in glass bottles..

I'd spent all weekend reasurring her she'd be ok cause shit wasn't going to happen, like fighting and stuff, her first game she gets hit with a bottle...

Oh it was empty it just hit my sister on the shoulder and smashed on the floor beside her, I thought it must have been smuggled in, but sure enough I was up there a sometime later and there they were carlsberg in glass bottles..

I'd spent all weekend reasurring her she'd be ok cause shit wasn't going to happen, like fighting and stuff, her first game she gets hit with a bottle...

Sorry to hear that. Did she go again?

Remember them selling plastic bottles of Carlsberg a few seasons ago. Given how much they struggle with queues these days, I'm genuinely surprised they still don't do it.

Just hope the fans on there justify the experiment (shows the club listens, by the way) by making more noise than the kents above them.

Just hope the fans on there justify the experiment (shows the club listens, by the way) by making more noise than the kents above them.

I know they say "better late than never", but this was needed over Boxing Day and New Year. There was a lot of discussion on social media in the days leading up to Boxing Day, and this feels like a response to that (which is no longer required).

Hopefully it will set a trend going forward (for when we might actually need those seats).

I know they say "better late than never", but this was needed over Boxing Day and New Year. There was a lot of discussion on social media in the days leading up to Boxing Day, and this feels like a response to that (which is no longer required).

Hopefully it will set a trend going forward (for when we might actually need those seats).

Well, it's not needed in terms of capacity, but if it livens up the library, I'm all for it. Also, it's a test, as you imply, for the big crowds that are, hopefully, just around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom