Any Reason for Long not playing friendlies?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
As title says, he's not played in any friendlies yet, is there any reason for this?

EDIT: Just seen he's starting today.

I'm sure that it says on the United website somewhere that he has now recovered from a slight injury . He is set to play today

He had a foot injury that prevented him from kicking... slightly ironic, I know.

He is playing today.
Che is on the bench (didn't think this warranted its own thread).
You get a like sir for not making another fucking thread on the issue, I doff my hat mate.

I'll bet he wished he'd given today's game a miss too, spectator for most of the game, no actually, spectator for all of the game, because bizarrely, he stood and watched their goal go in too ? :confused:

I'll bet he wished he'd given today's game a miss too, spectator for most of the game, no actually, spectator for all of the game, because bizarrely, he stood and watched their goal go in too ? :confused:

Long didn't do himself any favours . The back four looked totally bemused and pissed off when the 25 yarder went in. Another dilemma for Wilder .

Need a thread on goalkeeper recommendations for bed time reading by the new director scout fella.

Long - weak link IMO but cheap .

UTB

Long didn't do himself any favours . The back four looked totally bemused and pissed off when the 25 yarder went in. Another dilemma for Wilder .

Need a thread on goalkeeper recommendations for bed time reading by the new director scout fella.

Long - weak link IMO but cheap .

UTB

Said before, I bet he does't last beyond 10 games this season.

Said before, I bet he does't last beyond 10 games this season.

Agree , but problem , dilemma is . We cannot risk going 10 games with 30 points up for grabs . Got to make sure we are on the front foot from game one , not playing catch up.

Did Wilder want to give all the goalkeepers a game , before entering the transfer market .

Do need someone to command that back 4,, and also give them confidence - how many years have we been saying that.

UTB

Remember Longs disaster vs Gillinham opening match last season. Act now, we can't afford to let him make mistakes like the Grimsby goal.

Think he's a good prospect but I'm nervous with such a young keeper behind a new defence.

Yes unfortunately that is the option we are left with following Long taking the new contract offer and Wilder having no room for manoeuvre on finances with the need for central defenders. Ramsdale will have to grow up quickly as did Long. It's a pity Long still has fundamental flaws in his game which don't seem to have been ironed out by increased experience.

Long making a weird balls up is nothing new. Hopefully Wilder was already aware of this and is doing something behind the scenes.

We know Long has his weaknesses, yesterday's latest error doesn't come as a surprise frankly. I doubt he will ever have an error-free season – the best we can hope for is that these lower in frequency. He was error free a year ago in pre-season, and then had a horror show on opening day. If Howard hadn't had a sub-average season, Long shouldn't have really had a look-in, but once given the opportunity he had a reasonable enough year. But we're certainly gambling by not having a keeper that could come in immediately for a decent stint if Long goes through a dodgy spell.

Back
Top Bottom