Any of these players worth a punt on?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grappler

Reaction score
ChjTwXpXIAEMRqA.jpg:large

OK a jokey comment, but in reality, a "cheap" team for the top tier.

I had said on another thread, some weeks ago, what would it take to build a team to get us out of League 1?

If it was, say, an average of £300k per player, then 10 additions would be £3million, or £1.5M each for Kev Mac and The Prince.

Could be more, could be less of course, but my point is that it doesn't always have to cost a fortune to build a good team.

That is scary, shows that scouts are still extremely important.
As for that team, the most expensive player on the team sheet is the one I'd want the least.

That is scary, shows that scouts are still extremely important.
As for that team, the most expensive player on the team sheet is the one I'd want the least.

Also shows that we paid more for John Brayford than they paid for a few of their players, which is staggering really

I had said on another thread, some weeks ago, what would it take to build a team to get us out of League 1?

If it was, say, an average of £300k per player, then 10 additions would be £3million, or £1.5M each for Kev Mac and The Prince.

Could be more, could be less of course, but my point is that it doesn't always have to cost a fortune to build a good team.

I'd prefer 4 additions at £750k each. We've spent 2&3 hundred thousand on shit for years.
Time to get some quality.

We've already got one of their players. . .Doh!

Just shrewd signings which can still be achieved by scouting well enough.

I thought they got Morgan for free off Forest?

Well, as others have pointed out, you could say it's the exception that proves the rule. Endless seasons of billion pound teams set up by asset-stripping Bond-villain megalomaniacs and then this, from which we conclude it's better to be poor than to be rich.

Fwiw I'd say one message is football is a team game.

The way I read his posts on our defending Bergen Blade pointed this out endless times throughout the season but the Force of scapegoating is strong in this forum.

Well, as others have pointed out, you could say it's the exception that proves the rule. Endless seasons of billion pound teams set up by asset-stripping Bond-villain megalomaniacs and then this, from which we conclude it's better to be poor than to be rich.

Fwiw I'd say one message is football is a team game.

The way I read his posts on our defending Bergen Blade pointed this out endless times throughout the season but the Force of scapegoating is strong in this forum.

"...Fwiw I'd say one message is football is a team game..."

Yep, it's about a team who play for each other and who want to win, with some drive, passion and desire

Just shrewd signings which can still be achieved by scouting well enough.

I thought they got Morgan for free off Forest?

I saw United play away at Forest one very very cold Tuesday(?) evening and Wes Morgan was just a big fucking useless fat donkey.........just goes to show that with the right attitude..........perhaps McEv next season? - perhaps not !

UTB

Kante was worth every penny, what a proper midfielder should be like. He'll go for well over £20 million now. As for Mahrez, £400k, that's astonishing, he'll go for over £30 million now. The only other player who has been on the same wavelength as Mahrez this season is Payet, he's been different gravy at times this season.

Will the Leicester or West ham chairman keep them and hold them to their contracts or will they do what king kev normally does and cash in?

Kante was worth every penny, what a proper midfielder should be like. He'll go for well over £20 million now. As for Mahrez, £400k, that's astonishing, he'll go for over £30 million now. The only other player who has been on the same wavelength as Mahrez this season is Payet, he's been different gravy at times this season.

Will the Leicester or West ham chairman keep them and hold them to their contracts or will they do what king kev normally does and cash in?

"When a player wants to leave...."

:)

Back
Top Bottom