Any new laws for refs this season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade

Reaction score
In the Euros, we had the change in the kick-off where a player can pass the ball straight back, instead of first having to pass forward. Will this be implemented this season and are there any more rule changes?
I do think it's time for refs to take control over all the holding,pushing and shoving in the area as a corner comes in. Would penalty after penalty stop it? Personally i can't see it as most refs don't have the bottle, although they would blow for the same thing out of the area. Let's see eh!

They have been kicking off backwards in he friendlies and a drinks break was implemented at Halifax so I presume all the rules will apply.

There was a load of new laws came out last week about how if a team surrounds, touches or abuses the ref they'll get booked, or in extreme cases a straight red.

Can't see any refs being strong enough to book the like of Rooney or the whole Chelsea team every time they give a foul away and start screaming in his face, but I hope some of them do.

Quite a few law changes this season. One that will make a big difference is that if a player is through on goal and the defender makes a genuine attempt to play the play but doesn't and gives away a penalty. Last season would have been a red, this season it will be a yellow. If it is outside the box it will still be a red card.

There's 95 new laws that came into effect on 1 June 2016.

"Proper" drop-balls are back. No stuttering penalty run ups. No tapping the ball to take a corner (it has to move).

I'm not sure we'll ever witness this one:

Law 17 – The Corner Kick
• If CK kicked into own goal it is a corner kick to opponents

All new rules can be read here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/Foo.../92/44/Laws.of.the.Game.2016.2017_Neutral.pdf

Or the main ones are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441

Quite a few law changes this season. One that will make a big difference is that if a player is through on goal and the defender makes a genuine attempt to play the play but doesn't and gives away a penalty. Last season would have been a red, this season it will be a yellow. If it is outside the box it will still be a red card.

Same applies to keepers. Effectively gets rid of the "triple punishment rule" (penalty, red card, suspension). I think that's probably a good thing, though I think it'll be tough for refs to judge deliberate fouls in those situations as most will likely be desperate challenges. They'll probably in nearly all instances give a yellow for those fouls in the penalty area.

In the Euros, we had the change in the kick-off where a player can pass the ball straight back, instead of first having to pass forward. Will this be implemented this season and are there any more rule changes?
I do think it's time for refs to take control over all the holding,pushing and shoving in the area as a corner comes in. Would penalty after penalty stop it? Personally i can't see it as most refs don't have the bottle, although they would blow for the same thing out of the area. Let's see eh!

Think the brown envelope at Anfield goes in the top pocket, at old Trafford it goes in the back pocket.

Interesting re drinks breaks.

Next steps compulsory drinks breaks and then the aforesaid quarters so TV channels can sell additional advertising space?

They won't have drinks breaks unless it's a seriously high temperature. It's quite common to have drinks breaks in pre-season anyway.

There's 95 new laws that came into effect on 1 June 2016.

"Proper" drop-balls are back. No stuttering penalty run ups. No tapping the ball to take a corner (it has to move).

I'm not sure we'll ever witness this one:

Law 17 – The Corner Kick
• If CK kicked into own goal it is a corner kick to opponents

All new rules can be read here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/Foo.../92/44/Laws.of.the.Game.2016.2017_Neutral.pdf

Or the main ones are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441
Is law 17 specially for if Sammon ever takes a corner?

yh thats apparently being put into the football league also heard they were changing the last man rule a bit as well if you foul outside the box as the last man its straight red if you do it inside its just a yellow

How long will it be before United realise we only need one player to take a kick off now?

I'm going mid-October before we take a single man Kick Off
I noticed that yesterday, Rochdale had just the one man in the centre circle for their kick off, we carried on as before.

Back
Top Bottom