An idea from Atletico Madrid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
Just been to the Vicente Calderon and heard that the most important seats are those next to the Presidents seat. Apparently, anyone who has had a season ticket for 50 years solid is then allowed to sit in the special seats free for the rest of their lives. I immediately thought that was a sound idea for adoption at the Lane.

To the forum, anyone know anyone who has had a season ticket for 50 years?

To the club, if there's anyone official reading this what do you think and why not?

Time to reward top degree loyalty, especially when you think of the journey this club has been on for 50 years!

UTB

Just been to the Vicente Calderon and heard that the most important seats are those next to the Presidents seat. Apparently, anyone who has had a season ticket for 50 years solid is then allowed to sit in the special seats free for the rest of their lives. I immediately thought that was a sound idea for adoption at the Lane.

To the club, if there's anyone official reading this what do you think and why not?

Time to reward top degree loyalty, especially when you think of the journey this club has been on for 50 years!

UTB
Just patrolling as a forum policeman and I found this in the wrong section. I would advise putting it into the Off the Pitch section to avoid arrest and a possible jail sentence.;)

UTB

Are these special seats actually commodes?
Great idea, The Incontinence Section here we come.

I propose a petition to get rodcurrie one. He`s had a season ticket since 1890. More important than that after having him drone on about how the club should be run for 45 minutes McCabe would sell the rest of his holding for a packet of blackjacks,write off all debt owed to him,give the ground back,leave £50m as running costs till a new owner pops up and disappear sceaming for mercy never to be seen again.

I doubt it'd be worth the effort of it with the amount of people who will have had a season ticket for 50 years or more.

UTB

I think it’s a good idea to reward long-term loyalty but there are a few drawbacks with your particular suggestion.
For a start, the person who has been going for 50 years would probably not want to give up his own favourite seat in exchange for one with a bunch of strangers near El Presidente.
You could maybe allow him to have one friend move with him but what if he sits with a load of friends or even people he/she only ever talks to at the match?

I think it would be a nice gesture from the club to put say the 100 most loyal supporters in a draw for any unsold Executive boxes as and when they are available.
Maybe 3 winners each time and each allowed to take up to 3 guests. 12 in total.
Once you’ve been drawn out of the hat, you don’t go back in the draw again for a while.
I guess the most loyal supporters would have to be based on those with most loyalty points.
(This wouldn’t be me by the way as I don’t go to many away matches but I admire the commitment of those that do. I've only had a season ticket for 36 years too!).

Edit:- Alternatively, they could just let he/she get their own favourite seat FREE once they've done 50 years. Roll on 2030!

Last edited:

UTB
When did you go ? I went last Saturday to the 7-1 v Granada ,Do they get a nice flat when its knocked down in the summer ?

I doubt it'd be worth the effort of it with the amount of people who will have had a season ticket for 50 years or more.
I know, not when some daft bugger sells the fucker a month or so into a season, what chance do they ever have of getting to 50 years Barnster? :)

UTB
one or two points to ponder,there are quite a few oldies who do attend matches at the lane who may of had a season ticket for 50 plus years. and why do you, after they have shown all this loyalty suggest sending them all to spain...:oops:

I think that's the point. It's almost a cost free gesture, but might encourage people to hold on to their season tickets who would otherwise pack in.

I'm constantly amazed how much token gestures of money and accolades can be used to drive human behaviour.

UTB

Nice idea but I doubt anyone would qualify. Supporting for 50 years is one thing - having a season ticket for every season of that 50 years is something else. Most of us have played season ticket truant at some stage and not all of us can be sure of another 50 years. I think the loyalty points thing is good tbh.

pensioners will soon be the only people who can afford to buy seats
they get a concession already
I am due cheaper seats soon, thats ample reward

a Kop season ticket is already 100 notes cheaper 243 against 345

UTB
Yes I have Canterbury,on my 52 nd this season

For a start, the person who has been going for 50 years would probably not want to give up his own favourite seat in exchange for one with a bunch of strangers near El Presidente.
You could maybe allow him to have one friend move with him but what if he sits with a load of friends or even people he/she only ever talks to at the match?

Good point. I sit in the New Stand (shows how old I am :D) on a row of about eight seats. I'd say the average age on this row would be 70+. (I know one is 86!) It's very humbling to see the effort/obvious pain some of these lads endure to take their seats, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to swap their seats and neighbours at the match for anything.

Nice idea but I doubt anyone would qualify. Supporting for 50 years is one thing - having a season ticket for every season of that 50 years is something else. Most of us have played season ticket truant at some stage and not all of us can be sure of another 50 years. I think the loyalty points thing is good tbh.
You have found one here and I'm sure there are plenty more as for a free ticket!! No thank-you I am quite happy with the discount I get now I have retired..Only used free tickets as a school boy ( received them when a member of Chaucer school
football team).
I also got them when an agent for blades lottery but always gave them away,I don't want a free ride but do appreciate the concession I get we can't totally rely on Mccabe and the Princes money.

Just patrolling as a forum policeman and I found this in the wrong section. I would advise putting it into the Off the Pitch section to avoid arrest and a possible jail sentence.;)

And the risk of meeting the forums Mr Big, Pinchy, in the shower?

Back
Top Bottom