alfreton 14 blade says

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

finlaytheblade

Reaction score
This is off blades mad im not a member but look in sometimes.alfreton 14 has reviewed season 2011/2012 and we are a
point in front of points total after 17 matches now that proves nothing but puts into perspective the season so far.We have scored less goals yes but if you project points total for full season it would give us 92 and that would take us up.
we still have some team building to come (at least a striker to come in someone who will make a difference thats why cloughy will wait to get the right one) and i for one think there is more to come from higdon and mcnulty.
Yes i am a clough fan and i think a lot of blades fans will have egg on there face come may time and then all these
doubters will perhapes apologise to clough and his staff.

And then Ched got into his stride around Xmas time and the rest is history

Well that's my gloom from a home draw lifted. You'll be telling us the sun is coming up tomorrow next.

This is off blades mad im not a member but look in sometimes.alfreton 14 has reviewed season 2011/2012 and we are a
point in front of points total after 17 matches now that proves nothing but puts into perspective the season so far.We have scored less goals yes but if you project points total for full season it would give us 92 and that would take us up.
we still have some team building to come (at least a striker to come in someone who will make a difference thats why cloughy will wait to get the right one) and i for one think there is more to come from higdon and mcnulty.
Yes i am a clough fan and i think a lot of blades fans will have egg on there face come may time and then all these
So let me get this straight, a lot of blades fans are going to have egg on their face in May because we have one more point this season than we did after the same number of games in the 2011/2012 season. Well that's it then, shut the forum down, everything's sorted.

Cloughy's played all the right players in all their right positions, tactics have been spot on, he has a great relationship with every player he signs and everything he does is unquestionable:rolleyes:

Not one blade will have egg on their face, they will be as proud as ever to be a blade if they go up in May, and because this is a forum are allowed to discuss the ups and downs along the way.

30 points from 17 games is 1.76 points a game.

Over a full season that's not 92 points. It's 81 points.

We did better than that in 2011-12. That was partly because we played two strikers. Imagine that!

for the avoidance of doubt, however, if we get promoted automatically playing none up front and three non scoring central midfielders every week, I will indeed apologise to Clough and his staff for doubting them.

for the avoidance of doubt, however, if we get promoted automatically playing none up front and three non scoring central midfielders every week, I will indeed apologise to Clough and his staff for doubting them.

Lets all wait till Grafihaus gives us the graph.

And in that year we were dominating games from start to finish just about all season too. This year, we aren't, not even close to doing so

We did better than that in 2011-12. That was partly because we played two strikers. Imagine that!

sorry got my maths wrong but no reason why the outcome at season end is not promotion.evans was on fire 2nd half of that season this time round it will be more of a team effort no super striker to carry us and then get banged up and unable to finish the job.Clough im sure will find a striker who will improve our strike rate but as said previously got to fit in to what he is building

sorry got my maths wrong but no reason why the outcome at season end is not promotion.evans was on fire 2nd half of that season this time round it will be more of a team effort no super striker to carry us and then get banged up and unable to finish the job.Clough im sure will find a striker who will improve our strike rate but as said previously got to fit in to what he is building

Everybody who thinks we will go up automatically seems to think we will go up because of things that aren't in our control, eg:

1. Clough will sign a good striker
2. Other teams will play worse than they are at the moment.

This is blind faith imho.

Are we not?
we are having more of the ball this time round but we are not scoring the goals to go with it that it is something clough
is trying to put right but it is a fine line between a lot of possesion and winning and getting punished on the break and losing
matches.With the amounts of possesion we are having when we get it right we will take some stopping in this league.
bournmouth were having the same problem when they went(but were losing matches and were very close to the bottom) up
Eddie Howe came back and he put the finishing touches to the squad and they blew everyone away from then on and have
never looked back since thats what we have to aim to do

Back
Top Bottom