Advice for our strikers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Simple rule of the striker.

Regardless of the crosser of the ball

Crosser takes the cross first time you run back post
Crosser takes a touch before crossing go near post.

Need do nothing else. Besides, if we have two or more in the box, the strikers should cover most bases and work orpff each other.

Matty Done is our best striker at attacking crosses, he's brilliant around the 6 yard box. If we're not going to start with him up front, then I think he'd still be a great option in the last 15 minutes of games to stick up top and advise Hussey, Brayford and Duffy to whip those balls in.

Too many times in the games I saw early last season we had nobody, or only one striker in the box to aim for.

God knows how many times I must have shouted for the midfielders to get forward and support the attack.

No use having a winger go to cross with only one striker surrounded by 3/4 defenders to aim for.

I hope that's a problem Wilder will solve because it isn't half costly.

Too many times in the games I saw early last season we had nobody in the box to go near post.

God knows how many times I must have shouted for the midfielders to get forward and support the attack.

No use having a winger go to cross with only one striker surrounding by 3/4 defenders to aim for.

I hope that's a problem Wilder will solve because it isn't half costly.

Agree to an extent, but then again there was no threat of the ball even getting that far due to all that short-corner crap.

That's a sure sign that you can't keep the ball in an opponents half.
Organised sides will allow space wide of the full backs for that very reason, then close that player down quickly forcing them backwards or to take the cross before teams can get players in the box. Thus requiring a inch perfect cross that even then with more defenders than forward threat should be intercepted.

It's nothing to do with systems and having 2 up top either, it's all to do with keeping the ball and movement off the ball in the attacking third. We were really poor at that last season.

Agree to an extent, but then again there was no threat of the ball even getting that far due to all that short-corner crap.
Totally agree. Not just corners either. Why not put it in the box?

At least then there's a chance of a goal.

No chance when you lose possession two minutes after taking a tippy tappy shity set piece.

Short corners, short free kicks, short throw-ins. Boils my piss.

Totally agree. Not just corners either. Why not put it in the box?

At least then there's a chance of a goal.

No chance when you lose possession two minutes after taking a tippy tappy shity set piece.

Short corners, short free kicks, short throw-ins. Boils my piss.

As soon as anyone found themselves in an attacking position last season, they shit themselves. Nobody was willing to take responsibility. If not for Sharp we would've easily crashed into the 4th division.

I find it the most irritating thing in the world when not one player runs across the front post. The chances are if the winger doesn't have time or is running away from goal then that's usually where it's going

Short corners are not a problem if there is some thought, creativity, confidence and practice involved.

Simply lumping it into the box is also predictable and easy to defend.
I want free thinking and fearless footballers in the club, not afraid to take a risk and gamble occasionally at the right time.

That will see success return to the club more than one dimensional robots.

There should always be someone covering the far post too. Ideally the winger on the opposite side, there's no excuse for them not to most of the time. More than anything it increases your chances of keeping the ball in play and sustaining pressure. A lot of the time you'll get a good chance on goal as well. A lot of crosses go to the far post.

Back
Top Bottom