Adkins interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Bad goals to give away. Gifted them to them

Got to be better with the ball

Changed our shape a few times to get the ball

First goal changed the game

Understands frustration. Thanked the supporters for getting behind them

Too much to do now to get the top 2

Got to win 11 of our last 17 games to get in the play offs

Got to get the right players. We've still got a lot of players. Wants a consistency in the team

Been on a good run

Frustrated , as are the board

Believe we have goals in the team

The buck stops with me.

VERY evasive on whether he believes the board have given him the backing he needed

Asked whether everyone in the club is pulling in the same direction, he replied "well we have to be"

Not going to publicly criticize players

Che Adams was a positive

What goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room

A lot of people out of contract who we could bring in. Don't want to collect players who aren't going to get in the side

We look solid in the middle of the park but need creativity

Coutts and baxter are great on the ball but need to do the other side of the game. Need to add some steel

"VERY evasive on whether he believes the board have given him the backing he nEeded"

Just heard it now - sounded totally frustrated

so is he looking at frees till the end of the season

He certainly didn't stick up for the board as you would expect. Something is going on behind the scenes that is destroying the club. A few rich men are ruining something that has been a major part of people's lives for generations.

41 goals conceded in 29 games

NA's excuse is it's because we play an 'expansive' game..........................WTF?
I really would'nt care if he was to be removed from his position he is useless.

Got to get the right players. We've still got a lot of players. Wants a consistency in the team

Been on a good run

The buck stops with me.

VERY evasive on whether he believes the board have given him the backing he needed

Asked whether everyone in the club is pulling in the same direction, he replied "well we have to be"

Che Adams was a positive

A lot of people out of contract who we could bring in. Don't want to collect players who aren't going to get in the side

Coutts and baxter are great on the ball but need to do the other side of the game. Need to add some steel

If Che Adams was seen by NA as a positive, I am seriously worried.

If Che Adams was seen by NA as a positive, I am seriously worried.

I'm assuming it's management of the player rather than an actual assessment.

He was exactly as he has been recently, pacey, but did nothing to suggest he should start (he's certainly not the only one with the last part of that description).

Reactions: Dkc
At least he didn't say they were "an honest bunch of lads having a right go for each other"

Protecting this shower of shit will cost him his job, time to shovel the shit Nigel, or the board will pack your bags mate...

I'd ask Adkins one very simple question to determine whether he should be allowed to continue next season:

Do you plan to build the midfield around Dean Hammond - yes or no?

Because if yes then we won't be promoted. He's too slow and technically limited, and in Adkins' preferred 4-4-2 you can't put all the creative pressure on one central midfielder. Quite simply it's not the way we should be going. We need athleticism in midfield not to mention ability. In this league it'll win you far more points thane experience and positional sense.

Nigel wants positivity so here's some positives;
1. The pitch looks well
2. Sammon and Hammond are only on loan
3. We can get shut of the vast majority of the useless couldn't give a fuck tossers who are currently disgracing our shirt in the summer.
4.if we miss out on the play offs at least we will all save some cash and heartache
5. If we do make the play offs it looks like Wigan won't be in them
6. Jims feeling a bit better

I find it hilarious that the manager is still getting the blame, when yet again we're under performing with the same board. I also admit that I believe that I was wrong with Clough, I now no longer believe he was the problem.

I find it hilarious that the manager is still getting the blame, when yet again we're under performing with the same board. I also admit that I believe that I was wrong with Clough, I now no longer believe he was the problem.

I've been saying this for a while now.

I'm assuming it's management of the player rather than an actual assessment.

He was exactly as he has been recently, pacey, but did nothing to suggest he should start (he's certainly not the only one with the last part of that description).

To be honest Foxy, his pace showed when he chased back with the Wigan defender who comprehensively outstripped him. I am concerned that he is showing no signs of advancing his game, just doesn't look like he is developing at the moment.

Clough never was the probkem, he got us to 2 semis and the play offs starting from a relegation spot. Adkins has 'strengthened' and we are now in a much worse situation. People blame Clough for the signings but is anyone stupid enough to believe the likes of Higdon were his number one choice ?

The problem is still where it always was ....the board

Those three points jumped out of the interview, you heard a change in tone when he replied.

We're fooked

Another point from his interview and I cannot remember the exact wording but he did slightly question whether everyone in the dressing room was 'hurting'.

This is a shift from his usual 'hardworking set of players' comment.

From that interview it is quite obvious there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.

McCabe has no doubt had enough and I suspect the same of Plastic Prince as well. Great, two owners who couldn't give shit and want out. Adkins should walk, if I was promised what he was at his job interview and it turned out to be nothing but golden turds I'd be outta there.

41 goals conceded in 29 games

NA's excuse is it's because we play an 'expansive' game..........................WTF?
It's true, Whenever we open up (earlier in the season, 2nd half today), we concede. We are not good enough defensively to play open football. In England's third division, that's a disgrace, but it's a reality.

UTB

Seemed very down didn't he. Don't blame him really. He simply must have been let down the board otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job.

He said in the summer the team he had wasn't good enough for promotion. After that we sold Murphy, signed Sharp and signed Edgar and Sammon and Hammond on loan. Hardly good enough for promotion since he's conceded automatic promotion today.

We look solid in the middle of the park
If he honestly believes that then we are doomed, one of the reasons why we are struggling is because we are losing the midfield battle every game.
Today was another example, Wigan were far to comfortable in the "middle of the park" and controlled the pace for most of the game.

I don't see why he MUST have been let down by the board. He had a massive squad that finished higher than we will this season and is producing worse performances than Clough did with the same players. Adkins' only midfielder he wanted to sign seemed to be Hammond, his only centre back target was Burn with no plan B.

It's possible that he was promised more cash than he's had to spend, but even so, what he's done with the resources he's had has been really poor.

Been on a good run

The buck stops with me.

Che Adams was a positive

Oh...good. Now I am reassured Baxter and Coutts are good on the ball. Fuck me..I thought they were observing a match they weren't taking part in. But as many experts keep pointing out, fans do not know anything about the game. Cheers Nigel.

Back
Top Bottom