Adkins Interview Ahead of the Swindon Game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
From yesterday I think and a few people have referred to it but thought I'd put it in a thread.

A few things to think about but it's becoming clear Adkins will give nothing at all away about the team for the next game. As a fan you want to know, but I get this and I think it's fine.

England call-ups. Pleased for Che, got to keep his feet on the ground obviously, but that's not really been a concern for us, he's working hard to improve
Injuries and team news - basically a no comment - this is a feature of these interviews and for me it's fine, why let the opposition know anything - just wish the interviewer would ask it as a direct question.
Reed's (lack of) goalscoring - talks about the need for all players to improve all aspects of their game - I like this. FFS don't put pressure on any player - especially a young lad.
Swindon started well - They have but We've done some research we're looking forward to it - again it's a positive focus on what we can do
Nathan Byrne - Done well, as have others, including Che who's just been called up for England - focuses on us and bigs up our player
Chance to Show What We Can Do - (long winded question) Yes
Transfers - again it's best to do it private,
Aaron Pierre - No
Looking at CBs? - looking at all positions (maybe not forwards) - more deadbat - interviewer has to ask and this is a fair enough answer
Loans Out - not looking to send anyone out atm

There's a bit more, but that's most of it I think.

HHWP count: 1

He seems to have mastered the art of politician style question avoidance.

He could speak for hours without actually saying anything remotely linked with what was being asked.

I'll let him off for now though whilst we're winning.

F

A few things to think about but it's becoming clear Adkins will give nothing at all away about the team for the next game. As a fan you want to know, but I get this and I think it's fine.

me too, don't see why he should give anything away that could give our opponents an advantage. They have to do their jobs but I think the interviewers are starting to sound a bit stale now, they just keep asking these same questions and keep getting nowt back.

me too, don't see why he should give anything away that could give our opponents an advantage. They have to do their jobs but I think the interviewers are starting to sound a bit stale now, they just keep asking these same questions and keep getting nowt back.

Tbf to the interviewers their job, if they are doing it well, I think is to ask the questions we would ask, and if I was talking to Adkins I'd want to know about injuries, the team for Satdi etc. So I don't mind them asking, but I also don't mind him not answering.

I think Jonathan Buchan is better bc he just asks straight questions - generally. This bloke (Andy Giddins?) as is pointed out, is a bit Inspector Clouseau - not really Sherlock Holmes - trying to almost trick Adkins into revealing information.

What's also very good is how Adkins takes opportunities to big up his own players (and team) and talk about how we are looking forward to the game.

I can't imagine they go into the game shaking with fear.

He does also regularly mention the fans.

Yeah agree they are all doing a job and esp agree about young Buchan, I liked the way he refused to be fazed when Nigel C lost control and threw his teddy at him. Adkins by contrast just controls the interviews and uses them to his own advantage.

Back
Top Bottom