Adkins interview 7/7/2015

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LoughboroBlade

Reaction score
From this morning's interview with Radio Sheffield's James Buchanan: https://audioboom.com/boos/3350879-...-transfer-and-jose-baxter-update-sufc#t=2m37s

Transfers:
- wanted to make sure it was a clean slate with existing players
- will be looking to strengthen to help team improve in both scoring more and conceding fewer
- Sharp, accepts he's been heavily linked, a player he's always admired, always liked, but he's a Leeds United player
- if he had any bids in for players, he wouldn't say at this moment of time. This "two week period" he wants to spend with the existing squad. But private conversations still going on, people positioning themselves etc, but important to access what we've got first
- Gary Hooper, wanted "to knock that one straight out of the boundary", he's a top end Championship to Premier League player and he wouldn't envisage him dropping to League 1 at this stage of his career
- has been interest in some players, not looking to let anyone (inc Murphy) leave at this moment in time

Injuries:
- Brayford in a brace still, out long-term.
- Kennedy with his knee is out (didn't say if long-term, or say if he might be available for start of season)
- Flynn out with Achilles injury from last season, hasn't trained yet.
- James Wallace has trained.
- One or two others still have little niggles that have carried on from last season.

Baxter:
- spoke to him day after he arrived
- has been involved in training
- will be attending Friday hearing in support
- discipline so important, as is educating players, and team has to realise they are role models
- NA can't affect what has gone on to date, but can affect how things happen in the future
- will see what the conclusion is, and then work out what will happen with him afterwards

Just hope he's not pressured into any "to please the fans " signings........

OK, I'm assuming our new manager isn't a Cricket man then.
think the batting analogies started with the question before, when I think Buchan must have made batting motion when the question was dismissed

Bit of a difference between Harriss & Howard's thoughts on last years play off defeat. One says forgotten and moved on, other says it still hurts. Probably good to have that mix as whichever method works to invigorate is fine.

I hate this phrase. It is going to get very annoying.

'At this moment in time' is used to differentiate between 'this moment in time' and any other 'moment' in errrmmm?......:eek:

I tend to find that 'moments' usually are in time. In fact I'm struggling to think of what else a moment could be in, making the 'in time' somewhat superfluous.

Anyway, enough of that. Moving forward..........;)

Waste of time for all concerned doing that interview.

Nothing that wasn't already known of or couldn't have easily been predicted.

Last edited by a moderator:
He certainly does......... 'at this moment in time'............

I wish you hadn't mentioned that, I'll hear it in every interview. He can't be as bad as Danny Wilson, who extended it to "at this particular moment in time", which took rather longer to say than "now" and which I feel sure he said to make himself sound more intelligent.

He was also a big "from our own perspective/point of view" man.

It took a season and a half for people to get fed up with Clough's negativity, I wonder how long it will take until Adkins' positivity starts to grate. I'm guessing about May if we get knocked out of the play offs with a whimper.

It could be worse. I remember Alan Clarke always saying "time in moment"!

For now it's good to be positive and it looks like NA is more of a man-manager than NC was. Time will tell!

I like Adkins positive approach and I really hope that the worst we can come up with is having a pop at a few repeated phrases.

I like what he's had to say and his approach to management which seems modern and professional. So at this moment in time, moving forward I am looking towards a great season ahead!............

I've heard that Brayford will be back around October. I wonder when Kennedy will be back, or if he will be back. Shame he's not already training but at least there's been no news that he will have to quit.

I've maintained patience when it comes to assessing the existing squad and making signings but if we're going to make additions then they really need to start coming in now. Not long until the season kicks off and not long for any new players to bed in.

Starting to become a little concerned that we are way off with any targets.

I've maintained patience when it comes to assessing the existing squad and making signings but if we're going to make additions then they really need to start coming in now. Not long until the season kicks off and not long for any new players to bed in.

Starting to become a little concerned that we are way off with any targets.
Don't know if we are way off. They are in negotiations and hopefully we'll have some players in next week. We'll only make around 4 or 5 signings anyway so I reckon it'll be alright :)

'At this moment in time' is used to differentiate between 'this moment in time' and any other 'moment' in errrmmm?......:eek:

I tend to find that 'moments' usually are in time. In fact I'm struggling to think of what else a moment could be in, making the 'in time' somewhat superfluous.

Anyway, enough of that. Moving forward..........;)
Perhaps NA has studied physics, or structural engineering.

Back
Top Bottom